Do you believe your faction is correct? - Page 17 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The only place you have a life.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Which faction & why?
I am TR, because I support their agenda. 68 20.06%
I am TR for gameplay/aesthetic/social reasons. 56 16.52%
I am NC, because I support their agenda. 52 15.34%
I am NC, for gameplay/aesthetic/social reasons. 57 16.81%
I am VS, because I support their agenda. 57 16.81%
I am VS for gameplay/aesthetic/social reasons. 49 14.45%
Voters: 339. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-07-09, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #241
Ratstomper
Major

Re: Do you believe your faction is correct?

Originally Posted by MrKWalmsley View Post
Quick note, the NC ideals are not anarchist since that is what a lot of people seem to think. Just because you oppose the current government does not mean you want to remove the establishment entirely, only change it. Wanting to replace an oppressive, unelected military government with a democratic civilian government (because as said before, the NC worked with the civilian government, so has no problem with such an establishment) is just regime change, NOT total establishment removal.

That goes for you NC guys to! If you are in NC because you think they are anarchist, think again. And if you are opposed to authority that dictates the actions of it's subjects without question, take note of the fact that by being in a military run with professional proficiency, you are willingly being a part of one. Unless of course you are planning on riding solo, in that case, good luck earning your freedom!
I think that's a long bow to draw. The lore states that the NC aren't a unified group, they're a conglomeration of rebel factions that, for the most part, don't trust each other that much. Most NC probably don't even agree on what a good government is, much less enact one like you're saying. Pretty much the only thing they agree on (and likely the only reason they fight together) is that the TR have to be overthrown for people to live their lives and the VS need to be stopped before they kill everyone.

The fact is, NC isn't there because of some glorious ideal, they're there because they've been stripped of their basic human rights and are fighting to get them back. These aren't trained soldiers with esprit de corps and a glorified goal, they're laborers and mercenaries that feel they have no choice. That makes them the most realistic, imo.

I have a feeling if you started barking orders at an NC troop, he'd look at you like you were retarded.

Last edited by Ratstomper; 2012-07-09 at 01:11 PM.
Old 2012-07-09, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #242
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Dropshockmedic View Post
Chew on that "Terrain Republic" .
http://aquasixio.deviantart.com/art/...F8808708&qo=46

I invent names for the TR just for fun

- Total Radical
- Tiny Ragers
- Tyranny Regime
- Twink Recon
- The Ridiciulous

- Tanten Runde ( Aunt Round )
- Tanzendes Rot ( Dancing Red )
- Tötet Richtig ( kill properly )
- TamTam Roulett ( TamTam Roulette ) <- like they are just good in making noise ^^

Ok thats it. Remember its just for fun you can make fun of the other factions too.
I like Tyranny Regime "We'll protect you!"

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-07-09, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #243
archaonn
Corporal

Originally Posted by MrKWalmsley View Post
Quick note, the NC ideals are not anarchist since that is what a lot of people seem to think. Just because you oppose the current government does not mean you want to remove the establishment entirely, only change it. Wanting to replace an oppressive, unelected military government with a democratic civilian government (because as said before, the NC worked with the civilian government, so has no problem with such an establishment) is just regime change, NOT total establishment removal.

That goes for you NC guys to! If you are in NC because you think they are anarchist, think again. And if you are opposed to authority that dictates the actions of it's subjects without question, take note of the fact that by being in a military run with professional proficiency, you are willingly being a part of one. Unless of course you are planning on riding solo, in that case, good luck earning your freedom!

Lol theres space for everyone in the NC. I preffer representative democracy before a dictatorship. Of course I preffer direct democracy above all, but one fight at a time.
Old 2012-07-09, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #244
The Loverator
Corporal

Cool I think there could happen something "funny" to the Human's on Auraxis...

~ Holy Sh** please be prepared for some interesting Chitchat of me ~

It involves the People on Araxis maybe changing into something else "without" the Vanu-Technology... ; 3

Originally Posted by Aberdash View Post
I said the NC have no contact with Earth.

Why would they fight for something they may never see again?

The New Conglomerate don't fight for "Earth" - they fight for Humanity/Mankind.
So... ... even tough they are in Space and far away from Earth,

does that mean they don't have the Right to fight for the Freedom of the Human Race anymore?
When Tyrants, arising in the own Species, threaten the Freedom of all People in their Society?

If nobody would fight for his/her's own Belief of what is best for the Human Species anylonger,
ONLY because they are far away from Earth now, th~eeen, umm...

Then all these People could honestly call themself ' ALIENS ' by now, for all i care ^^

Why? Because you - CAN - BET: That a whole, OTHER WORLD, will change you.

Even if the Human's on Araxis "will" stay Human, they WILL evolve into another kind/Race/Status of Human's.

The Human is not otherwise than any, other Species from Earth, may it be a organic Being,
or a biological Being/Plant's.

There are Plants in our real World today, which WILL 'mutate' as soon as you take them - and plant them elsewhere.

There are Plants on high Mountain's, you can harvest and plant somewhere else, where the Air is thicker,
the Air is more warm - and these Plants will look otherwise.

Of Course ... ... if you would move them back, they will very likely look again as before, at the latest with the next Generation,

but as soon, as Beings get moved into other Regions where their Life-Circumstances are different,
Mutations/Evolutions in other Directions will happen. It's just that with organic Beings, it takes longer.

- The Earth has "one" Moon circling around it. This Celestial-Body 'already' influences the Water on our WHOLE Planet.

- Tide and Flow, already proven in Documentations, has "helped" several Species to evolve into other Version's of themself.

So... ... even tough the whole Story is fictional and "Fantasy", Araxis has SEVERAL huge Celestial-Bodys around it, right? ; 3

Near/close enough for the cosmic Tidal-Forces to influence Araxis' Surface, right?
And please don't underestimate what for big Role's a simple thing like "Gravity" can make out.

On Earth, the Moon DOES influence all the Water in our Bodies to a small Extent.

It's just so natural for us that we don't notice it. And the Extent of Influence is not always as same as huge or small, since the Moon is "Rotation-conditional" sometimes closer or more fare away from our Body's - and sometimes the Earth itself is exactly between us and the Moon.

A thing with doesn't needfully must get thought over of importance in the Game, is:

- What "could" happen to the People/Human's on Araxis, over the Year's/Generation's?

"Several", cosmic Tidal-Powers all at once - influencing their Body's or "at least" the Water in it.
Their physical Circulation could be influenced and changing in various Ways,

may it be how much they are "burdened" or "relieved" with the Pressure on their Blood and how easily it can move,
influencing how Nutrition - or Medicine works on the Body's,

"likely", the People can even get new kinds of Illnesses due to other's/new Bacillus,
who does ONLY live on Auraxis and not on Earth...

Even without the Alien-Technology from the old Vanu-Civilisation, the Human's on Auraxis could change into other "Life-Form" of the genetic Human Code.

So: No Matter how much the Terran Republic struggles (*ggg*),
what everyone on Auraxis stubbornly wants to see as "Human"...

... ... may change. You Dude's, DON'T underestimate a whole, other World... *grin*

greetings, LV.

Last edited by The Loverator; 2012-07-09 at 04:19 PM.
Old 2012-07-09, 07:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #245
Ratstomper
Major

Re: I think there could happen something "funny" to the Human's on Auraxis...

Originally Posted by The Loverator View Post

greetings, LV.
Ahhhg! Your spacing gives me a headache.

Ok, So, you're essentially saying that people will evolve into some kind of non-human anyway because they're on a different planet? That may be the case over millenia of time, but they're still the same species for now. That would be a natural evolution, which can't really be stopped anyway. What the Vanu want to do is artificial evolution with tech they don't fully comprehend at this point.

Technology is a tool: nothing more, nothing less. When people start shaping their own ideas and thought for the sake of technology, that's when it becomes a problem. When people start demanding YOU shape YOUR thoughts and ideas for the sake of technology and some long dead aliens, that's when it becomes a big problem for everyone.

I'm all for technology. I use a computer. I wear contacts. I use tools on a daily basis. I'm not going to devote myself to technology; there is no reason to. Humans are the masters of technology, technology shouldn't be the master of humanity.

Last edited by Ratstomper; 2012-07-09 at 07:30 PM.
Old 2012-07-09, 08:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #246
Atheosim
Captain

Both options for TR, and half of VS's agenda. I agree with utilizing alien tech but I don't agree with the audacious execution among other points.
Old 2012-07-10, 12:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #247
Kran De Loy
Captain

Edit.. whoo I typed a lot.. er.. yeah.. not gonna bother trying to shorten that, don't know if I could :/ Sorry.
---------------

Wait, I thought VS wanted to make adjustments to humans to force evolution. When did this become a forced change on the population? That the VS wanted to have the freedom to experiment for all people and to openly make this available to all of humanity. As far as I recall the VS came into the war with the ideal of stopping both the NC and TR from grinding humanity into a pulpy mess between them in their war. This could help explain why we don't sabotage the rebirth tubes of the other factions, so that the people that do not want to fight in the war are less likely to become drafted into it.

Now the TR do not want VS to run their experiments uncontrolled and unregulated, however the TR in it's current militaristic tyrannical form would most likely limit the advances in technology to the upper echelons of the government and probably even force certain limiters on the general population to prevent any chances of another civil war. Don't try to deny that, it would definitely happen.

But with the TR, at least they are consistent and upfront about it. The NC would likely be doing the same thing, only with split factions. These natural fault lines between the various super powers that make up the NC would make more room for a greater chances of social movement between financial and social classes than compared to the TR, but the yokes that are there would be much much more subtle and thus much more difficult to work around.

While my personal opinion of the optimal form of government would the combination of the two. Essentially have a multiple forms of strict up front governments that people can move freely between so they can choose what rules they believe suits them best. Then these various factions would have a very loose overall governance of extremely basic controls that in no way could be changed (minus the immutable part, kind of what the US began as )

The VS however, over all of this, have no stated form of governance that they wish to uphold. Either that is because the faction as a whole assumes that with the advanced evolution, humanity will no longer need any kind of over arcing form of governance to keep violence to a minimum and/or the piece and people will fall as they are and organize themselves into peaceful co-existence (very very unlikely but possible) or that they're just as upfront as the TR, they just want to 1) stop the war and 2) bring humanity closer to a 'perfect' medium, end of.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-07-10 at 12:34 AM.
Old 2012-07-10, 12:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #248
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by Kran De Loy View Post
Edit.. whoo I typed a lot.. er.. yeah.. not gonna bother trying to shorten that, don't know if I could :/ Sorry.
---------------
What I gleaned from the lore was that the Vanu, like the NC laborers, worked for the TR. They were scientists and thinkers: the brains of the operation. The lore isn't out about what exactly happened between approaching the planet and the current state of Auraxis when PS2 takes place, but it looks like the Vanu were neutral and suddenly decided to attack the NC and TR.

From an outside perspective (Putting away my official NC badge and decoder ring), it could be said the VS thought the preservation of the technology for research was important enough to warrant war with the major factions to keep it from being destroyed or misused. However, there also seems to be an unnatural, almost religious, reverence for the Vanu (the aliens that noone knows what happened to).

All that is known is that the VS suddenly attacked NC and TR (it isn't stated if this was military personnel or civilians as well). It's quite possible the VS grew paranoid about their discoveries and want to destroy anyone who doesn't agree with their ideals. Either way it seems very irrational for a bunch of eggheads to up and do something like that.
Old 2012-07-10, 12:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #249
SnipeGrzywa
Corporal

Misc Info

It's because of our scientists that allow this war to continue. If we hadn't discovered the DNA storage/recreation techniques we would all be Perma dead.

Therefore, we rock.
Old 2012-07-10, 02:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #250
Kitsune
Sergeant

I am so dizzy reading all these factions dance around about who is more moral @_@

I am aware that there is no word on what government the Vanu even plan of evoking if they win. I'm wiki'ing "Sovereignty" and it's not helping.

"Sovereignty is the quality of having supreme, independent authority over a geographic area, such as a territory."

In VS terms, the authority over all territory on the planet.

Sovereignty itself is neither a government or faction, it's just a thing... Anyway, read the general lore, at least the events that happened up to the separation, keeping particular interest on the Vanu. Some xenobiologist found an alien artifact,

"When he picked it up, Briggs, who suffered from an anti-social form of autism known as Asperger's, was given a vision; a vision of his past, his future, and the effects of his actions on others. For the first time, he felt the sensation of empathy for those who had tried to care for and about him, and when he snapped back to reality, he was left with only a single word ringing in his ears to explain his newfound awareness: Vanu."

However when he found a similar artifact on New Earth, he was spoken to by the Vanu...

"Though what Briggs heard remains a mystery, it nonetheless caused a full-scale movement to form behind him and his research. Incredible technologies would come from the dedication of his followers; Briggs himself, however, would not be around to see their achievements. For unknown reasons, Henry Briggs took his own life in 2560, on the tenth anniversary of the second artifact’s discovery. "

Curious... And foreboding. Maybe it was a horrific set of events he set into motion, maybe it was a vision of the corruption of the human race, maybe it was a premonition of the 3 faction war that he was a sole contributor for, or maybe he was assassinated and made to look like suicide. Freaking VS... Always dodging if they are intentionally good or not.
Old 2012-07-10, 04:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #251
Kran De Loy
Captain

Yeah the whole religious thing is way off my measure. Trying to keep a logical approach to how the VS and the other factions interact is hard enough as it is, doing it with the whole religious theme as well is a bit much.

I prefer to think of them.. like there is a book series that showcased an advanced technology that could extend life to over a couple thousand years, give bone, skin and muscle enhancement for incredible increases in performance for all tissue types and provide enhanced data storage and retrieval computers linked directly to the brain all within the skull all with no visible deformities (this allowed so that people would never have to memorize anything and could then specialize in any field they choose equally, my favorite part about the whole thing actually).

I felt like the TR were the guys that want to keep the enhancements for themselves, the VS were the guys that wants to give the enhancements to anyone that will ask for them and the NC can't decide to monopolize and sell the enhancements or to destroy any and all records of them.

So yeah it would really hurt my pride as a VS if I found out the VS really were just a bunch of Religious Nut Jobs that want to make everyone an real alien without any actual enhancing.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-07-10 at 04:32 AM.
Old 2012-07-10, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #252
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Ratstomper View Post
From an outside perspective (Putting away my official NC badge and decoder ring), it could be said the VS thought the preservation of the technology for research was important enough to warrant war with the major factions to keep it from being destroyed or misused. However, there also seems to be an unnatural, almost religious, reverence for the Vanu (the aliens that noone knows what happened to).
There was a thread ages ago that Higby was kind enough to respond to. According to him the VS had some piece of information on past and potentially future events that the other factions didn't posses (and that they weren't being hoodwinked), with the implication being that this was driving them to war with the other factions.

Assuming that that is still accurate, it's probably central to their motivation.
Old 2012-07-10, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #253
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post
I am so dizzy reading all these factions dance around about who is more moral @_@

I am aware that there is no word on what government the Vanu even plan of evoking if they win. I'm wiki'ing "Sovereignty" and it's not helping.

"Sovereignty is the quality of having supreme, independent authority over a geographic area, such as a territory."

In VS terms, the authority over all territory on the planet.

Sovereignty itself is neither a government or faction, it's just a thing... Anyway, read the general lore, at least the events that happened up to the separation, keeping particular interest on the Vanu. Some xenobiologist found an alien artifact,

"When he picked it up, Briggs, who suffered from an anti-social form of autism known as Asperger's, was given a vision; a vision of his past, his future, and the effects of his actions on others. For the first time, he felt the sensation of empathy for those who had tried to care for and about him, and when he snapped back to reality, he was left with only a single word ringing in his ears to explain his newfound awareness: Vanu."

However when he found a similar artifact on New Earth, he was spoken to by the Vanu...

"Though what Briggs heard remains a mystery, it nonetheless caused a full-scale movement to form behind him and his research. Incredible technologies would come from the dedication of his followers; Briggs himself, however, would not be around to see their achievements. For unknown reasons, Henry Briggs took his own life in 2560, on the tenth anniversary of the second artifact’s discovery. "

Curious... And foreboding. Maybe it was a horrific set of events he set into motion, maybe it was a vision of the corruption of the human race, maybe it was a premonition of the 3 faction war that he was a sole contributor for, or maybe he was assassinated and made to look like suicide. Freaking VS... Always dodging if they are intentionally good or not.
Sovereign just means something that has independent power over a certain domain. The "Sovereignty" in VS is a statement that "VS owns this planet and you're going to die if you think otherwise."
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion