ProSiebenSat.1 - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I was going to get a Life, but its like a 560 MB download.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-15, 05:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
GuyFawkes
First Sergeant

Re: ProSiebenSat.1

Originally Posted by Dart View Post
Just do what "Dart" the Planetside player from the original article is going to do... Come and play on the NA servers anyway! I scoured the net for research on pro7 when we were fighting this initially and my overwhelming feeling was thatI did not want to do business with that company.
Exactly what I'm going to do

btw, were you originally DartagnionUK or similar on emerald? I remember my first excursion to Emerald back in 04/5 or thereabouts and this cr5 being the only one there worth listening to on vs cr5 command.

edit : GOA and warhammer gives me shudders and hairs on back of my neck stand up. Never, ever again.

Last edited by GuyFawkes; 2012-07-15 at 05:34 AM.
Old 2012-07-15, 05:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Dart View Post
Nah, he's ReDaRTeD. You guys should def ante up over on the US servers though.
I intend to...

Honestly... some rich bastard have to lay some fibre optics over the Atlantic. Like a pipe line of fiber optic cable...
Old 2012-07-15, 05:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by GuyFawkes View Post
Exactly what I'm going to do

btw, were you originally DartagnionUK or similar on emerald? I remember my first excursion to Emerald back in 04/5 or thereabouts and this cr5 being the only one there worth listening to on vs cr5 command.
Haha if I ever seemed trustworthy I assure you it was an illusion, but yeah man that was me. I renamed to Dart (expecting people to spell Dartagnan while under fire was always a little optimistic) and that's how I'll be rolling in PS2. Look forward to seeing you in game!
Old 2012-07-15, 06:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Joe
Corporal

Misc Info

I do hope Station Cash gets a good exchange rate or it is just a transfer of funds, i have like 10,000 saved up :P
Old 2012-07-15, 06:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
EisenKreutzer
Sergeant Major

Oops. Read the whole thread, no longer a valid reply.

Last edited by EisenKreutzer; 2012-07-15 at 06:11 AM. Reason: stupidity.
Old 2012-07-15, 06:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
SergeantNubins
Corporal

That's all very well, but why should EU players have to ay with an extra 150 ping.. as anyone who played fps games back in the days of modems, ISDN and the dawn of ADSL will tell you.. thats the difference between an LPB and an HPB. The best HPB's were only ever as good as average LPB's. In fact, there had to be rules in the competitions where teams had to have limits on the number of LPB's playing. As someone who was unfortunate enough to have to play and compete on a modem during the Quake1, 2 and early CS years, there is no way I would deliberately impose that handicap on myself again.

It remains to be seen how bad or good prosieben actually are with ps2. Basedo n experience i doubt they will be good, but who knows. Nothing will change it now.
Old 2012-07-15, 06:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
ThGlump
Captain

Originally Posted by EisenKreutzer View Post
As far as I'm aware, Station Cash is the currency used. So no exchange rate.
Pro7 will have their own cash shop with their own currency, so Station Cash will be transfered to them. You wont be supporting SOE much buying something on Pro7 shop.
Old 2012-07-15, 06:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Fafnir
Sergeant

Originally Posted by ThGlump View Post
Pro7 will have their own cash shop with their own currency, so Station Cash will be transfered to them. You wont be supporting SOE much buying something on Pro7 shop.
So you're saying that SOE won't have much profits from EU servers?

It will be exactly the same game. "Their own currency" is just another way of saying that your current SC will turn into EU only SC once you converted your account.
Old 2012-07-15, 06:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
TheDrone
Sergeant

I sure hope there will be US East Coast servers.
Old 2012-07-15, 06:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by SergeantNubins View Post
That's all very well, but why should EU players have to ay with an extra 150 ping.. as anyone who played fps games back in the days of modems, ISDN and the dawn of ADSL will tell you.. thats the difference between an LPB and an HPB. The best HPB's were only ever as good as average LPB's. In fact, there had to be rules in the competitions where teams had to have limits on the number of LPB's playing. As someone who was unfortunate enough to have to play and compete on a modem during the Quake1, 2 and early CS years, there is no way I would deliberately impose that handicap on myself again.

It remains to be seen how bad or good prosieben actually are with ps2. Basedo n experience i doubt they will be good, but who knows. Nothing will change it now.
Times have changed and a large amount of the latency issues people experienced in past online fps games had more to do with poor netcode than latency. That said, of course 20 ping is better than 120 however there are ways of reducing your ping besides playing on your closest server should you be so inclined...
Old 2012-07-15, 06:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
fvdham
Staff Sergeant

I am tempted to play on a US server while living in Europe because Pro7 is unknown to me.
Old 2012-07-15, 06:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
The original post read right out of an episode of scare tactics. Maybe the person who supplied that info has an axe to grind or is a competitor. It is too fishy to trust. Imho.
Do some research, go over the original thread if you like. All of the information is backed up with evidence. Pro7's customer service history is not a positive thing and the feedback they've received from gamers just like us makes pretty compelling reading.

But as I've already intimated; SOE have given us what we asked for; the choice to control where we play. If you've rather play with Pro7 you can. If you'd rather stay with SOE you can do that also...
Old 2012-07-15, 06:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
ThGlump
Captain

Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
So you're saying that SOE won't have much profits from EU servers?

It will be exactly the same game. "Their own currency" is just another way of saying that your current SC will turn into EU only SC once you converted your account.
Thats for Station Cash you currently have. You payed that to SOE. But after that you will pay to Pro7 to refill their currency to use in their cash shop. What SOE will get from that transactions is between them, but it surely wont be full price. Thats why i call them parasites
Old 2012-07-15, 06:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Joe
Corporal

Misc Info

I hope we can change i have friends on both sides of the puddle and would like to play with both on the same account
Old 2012-07-15, 06:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Joe View Post
I hope we can change i have friends on both sides of the puddle and would like to play with both on the same account
I'll go out on a (small) limb here and say that will be impossible. You'll be registering with different companies, using different in game currency on different servers. No way you'll be able to play on both SOE and Pro7 servers on the same account. The good news, in case you hadn't heard, is that the game is free to play!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion