Growing frustration with Balance. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Planetside, lifes a bitch.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-06-09, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

Growing frustration with Balance.

(Note: im not switching or anything this is just a collection of thoughts that i wanted opinions and ideas on)

I've spent a fair share of my PS time as TR. I've noticed a couple of things. The TR idea doesn't really work well (or equally) as compared to others. EX: the Burster one of our GREAT(not) maxes tries to kill a reaver, the burster has to unload his full clip to kill the reaver while its standing still to make sure he kills it, while the Starfire can just lock on and boom its clip is out , and it's alot easier for the MAX to kill the aircraft. The Groundpounder(marauder sp? ) is terrible. It has such a low dmg ratio its not even effective. Im frustrated that when the vanu whine about a NC buff or new item (Noone bitches about TR cuz it sux) the devs take a really hard long look at fixing it. While, the TR who have been bitching about our AV that is more like Sub-par AA, or our maxes that can hold their own to the NC or VS. The devs just ignore it. I've asked spork during community night to look at the prowlers 12mms. To possibly make them more effective. The devs don't seem to care about the TR. It's getting annoying while the VS keep getting buffed. ( i know it's not the vanu or cong's fault ) CDL has had two people switch sides. One was a Cr5 and another TR cr5 went vanu for a while. TR have been waiting and waiting for the devs to buff the TR equipment , but the devs don't recepricate(sp?). I hope that maybe this will get some attention and ideas to replace the Pounder, Burster, and Groundpounder

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2004-06-09, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Indecisive
Major General

Its kinda funny, because everyone said the same thing about the Dev's playing favorites in favor of the TR at release.

I think the striker is fine. Fix the lock on issues and its perfect. The whole lock on dealy makes killing pretty easy. If_everyone thinks that its bad, up the rocket speed a tad.

Prowler sucks. Thundys can beat it no problem. PHEER THE BOX!

MAX's are a complete joke. I think everyone can agree on this.

MCG is fine. Still hate this retarted JH sniping thing, but thats not going to change.

Repeater is pretty bad, but eh, all pistols are, cept that bastard mag scatterer.

Maurader sucks because its just a bloody pounder max on a ford pick up with a tiny viewing slot -_-. Need to get that main gun fixed.

Raider is awesome. By it self. I still stand by the fact the the thunderer needs a bigger nerf then 1/2 blast radius. Bastard instagibing sonofabitch.

But eh. We are the TR. The general inteligence level of said empire dosent seem to deserve good weapons. However, we do. So gimme.
Old 2004-06-09, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

yea i forgot to mention, MCG ,reapeter ,cycler are fine. The striker just doesn't stack up to the other AV. also, you wont kill a reaver or mossie 9/10. you'll just piss it off.

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2004-06-09, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
TheN00b
Colonel

Originally Posted by NoSurrender
yea i forgot to mention, MCG ,reapeter ,cycler are fine. The striker just doesn't stack up to the other AV. also, you wont kill a reaver or mossie 9/10. you'll just piss it off.
You are utterly, absolutely and completely wrong about the Striker. It has flat-out amazing AA capabilities, and excellent AV power in large groups.
Old 2004-06-09, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

yea, repeater and MAG scat are about equal. MAG Scat kills fast, but you have to land all the pellets on their back, and with a 6 shot clip, its extremely hard. Striker is good I think, people forget that to use AV effectively, you need to work together, with the exception of maxes.
Old 2004-06-09, 09:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Nalar
Corporal

One thing I dont understand about the whole "yay but the striker wont kill a mossie most of the time, just scare them away" argument is that none of the empire AV weapons will kill a mossie most of the time. As soon as you land the first shot, no matter what weapon you use, the pilot usually runs away (unless of course they are really dumb).
Old 2004-06-09, 09:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Keebler
Private

My 2 cents: Ok, so I'm NC and me and my bud have a pheonix. big bad TR reaver comes along, we shoot. by buddy misses cuz the reaver straffed and he missed. he kills me before i reload, and my buddy soon after. not much damage done
So I go TR, and same thing, buddy with me, with strikers. Once the reaver sees us, we shoot a good ammount of strikers and do some decent damage before he gets us.

What the TR need is thanks, not lust. If the kid next to you gets a mega-death robot, and you only have a death robot, you outsmart him, not go crying to your mommy about your robot. (I know, its random, but it's proving my point)

The point is: stop complaining. Unfortunate as it is, we all cant be exactly equal. The TR dont exactly get thier asses kicked all the time, atleast on emerald.
Old 2004-06-09, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
EarlyDawn
Major General

The burster is crap as far as MAXes go. You need to lead high-altitude or fast moving targets and the flak does not always burst correctly as advertised.

The "quityerbitchin" argument isn't one. As you can see here, people of all empires agree that TR armor aspects (MAXes, Tank) are pretty bad. We deserve just as much of a chance at balance as you do.

Omg and NoS, paragraphing dude. You're raping my eyes.
Old 2004-06-09, 11:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

QUIT YER BITCHIN

TR is little gimped, only slightly though. they still do fine on the battlefield, now that theyve learned to compromise.
Old 2004-06-10, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Indecisive
Major General

Yes. Common pool certs instead of max's.

Look me in the eye and tell me that the max's arnt gimped.

You will not be able to laugh uncontrobally.

Also, I stand firm by the striker is fine, aside from the whole LOOK THERES A LEAF!! LETS LOCK ONTO THAT INSTEAD! thing.
Old 2004-06-10, 03:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
scarpas
Captain

ok... whoever said the maurader sucks deserves to get the utimate punisment (stabbed with a pencil by kam)

it does have its weaknesses (anti armor), but hands down it is one of the best anti infantry vehicles in the game( next to reaver, flail, thunderer, devs) and it has a modest aa capability.

the last and best advantage i shall not reveal, for fear of losin an outfit secret {snicker}
Old 2004-06-10, 03:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Diddy Mao
Second Lieutenant

If the TR get their shit together they won't need to go and cry n3rf @ everything that isn't TR
You last visited: 03-18-2005 at 01:50 PM - lol time flies
Old 2004-06-10, 04:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
ZionsFire
Lieutenant Colonel

The Burster is the absolute best AA defense when it comes to where the reavers are going in for rocket runs over the base. That thing chews through aircraft.
Old 2004-06-10, 04:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

I've never had a problem with the burster not bursting when it should do.... the exception of course is when you're attempting to shoot something at point blank and the flak hasn't armed.
Old 2004-06-10, 05:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Most AA maxes concentrate on reavers doing rocket runs anways, Libs have too much armor to get shot down before geting out of range. Libs are work for aircraft for all 3 empires. The only time you see a Lib go down to AA MAX fire is when they are flying low altitude or there are an absolutely MASSIVE amount of AA MAXes on the base. That is probably the TR's biggest problem, too few people cert the burster.

1 Sparrow gets compleatly owned by any reaver or a good mossquitoe. So does 1 Burster that hasn't locked down. Starfire is the only AA max that can go head on with reavers, and that's because of the jumping.

Edit: Oh yeah, the Prowler is an absolute beast, you don't need the 12mm's manned, but they are a nice option to have against aircraft.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion