Is it time for a price review? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Bling Bling
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-04-29, 02:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Falcon_br
Captain

Is it time for a price review?

I don't waste certs on weapons, they are to improve my character and weapon only.
But we must agree in one point:
We already got 5 shotguns in the game, we will probably a six one the NS shotgun.
All shotguns costing 1.000 certs it is not reasonable.
I think they should make the small clip fast reload costing 250 certs, the big clip and the full auto costing 500 certs and all pay to win also known as pump action should cost 1,000 certs!
So people can get shotguns without using 1.000 certs and always getting the latest one, who the hell will get the small clip fast reload semi auto shotgun today!?!?!? Just use that 1,000 certs on the latest pump action and be happy!
With the introduction of new weapons, lots of old ones get pointless, maybe a review of item cost will be welcome, so they got cheaper.
People that paid certs for them will receive those extra certs back, people who paid SC won't get anything back, just read the TOS and understand that if one item get the price changed, you won't receive back what you paid for it, like the real life.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-04-29, 03:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Snoopy
Sergeant

Re: Is it time for a price review?

I'd rather shotguns not have their certification cost decreased.

Enough people use shotguns as is.
Old 2013-04-29, 03:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Koadster
Sergeant Major

There's a lot of guns they needa drop price on. The faction a2g and at lock ons. Some of the old 1000 cert guns like the lynx, sabr13, t-16 rhino, tx2 emperor. Some of the NS vehicle weapons too. All the flash weapons are 1000. Atleast make the m20 basilisk 500 certs.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
Old 2013-04-29, 03:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
I don't waste certs on weapons, they are to improve my character and weapon only.
We already got 5 shotguns in the game, we will probably a six one the NS shotgun.
I think they should make the small clip fast reload costing 250 certs, the big clip and the full auto costing 500 certs and all pay to win also known as pump action should cost 1,000 certs!
So people can get shotguns without using 1.000 certs and always getting the latest one, who the hell will get the small clip fast reload semi auto shotgun today!?!?!? Just use that 1,000 certs on the latest pump action and be happy!
With the introduction of new weapons, lots of old ones get pointless, maybe a review of item cost will be welcome, so they got cheaper.
People that paid certs for them will receive those extra certs back, people who paid SC won't get anything back, just read the TOS and understand that if one item get the price changed, you won't receive back what you paid for it, like the real life.
They need to stop putting in more infantry weapons to the game now. I do not want to see a new infantry weapon for the next 6 month, if ever.

Making old weapons "point less" is bad game design in a game like PS2. They need to find better ways to earn money. Maybe enforce sube fees? Yes me wants that. And yes I don't give a fuck about all you free loaders think about that.

But regarding lower the certs for shotguns... I don't really see the point with that. Shotguns is only really useful at close range where they can 1 (2) shot players. And if you want to have a something similar to a n00b tube you should to put in the certs for it too.
Old 2013-04-29, 04:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Snydenthur
Master Sergeant

I think not, this would make more people cry, since semi auto and especially the full auto shotguns are so much better, since they are far more forgiving to use. Maybe pump actions for 250 certs, so people would try them and see that they're not as good as people say.
Old 2013-04-29, 05:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

I understand having a high cert cost. It help generate revenue. I think that the SC cost of weapons needs to be dropped.
Old 2013-04-29, 06:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
camycamera
Major

this is my biggest complaint of the game: things are expensive when it comes to certs. 1000c for guns are way too much, that is the same as 70 HOURS to get that many. 70. lower them to say 800, i'd be at least a tad happier. and the prices are all over the place, it doesn't make any sense: 100 for the m-77b, which is an outstanding bolt action sniper btw, and excellent for the price, but then 1000 for a 50 cal, which, lets face it: DOES EXACTLY THE SAME BASIC DAMAGE. 2 to the chest to kill, 1 for head. makes 0 sense.

but the prices for the upgrades in weapons and utilities etc need a revamp as well.

for example, lets look at the C4. 250c for 1, but to get another it is 500? do you know how long that takes? why don't you make it 250 again? it is a reasonable amount of certs, and actually makes fucking sense: each c4 costs 250c.

but an even better example of this is the flak armour. 1 for the first, then 10, 50,150, and then 1000?! makes 0 sense again. stupid.

SOE already get money anyway, but to stop it from being pay 2 win, F2Pers need to be able to play for free without having to grind a shit load for a tiny upgrade. i dont want to play 70 hours just so i can get 15% better of x. and i'm sure that even players who pay some stuff would agree with the prices of the utilities (because you can only unlock them with certs) etc. i'd rather grind 10 hours to get that gun.

although i do like them raising the xp with vehicles and alerts

that's my 2 cents regarding cert prices, anyway.
Old 2013-04-29, 06:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Originally Posted by Koadster View Post
All the flash weapons are 1000.
Not true. There are three weapons that are NOT 1,000 certs. The Kbalt (.50 cal MG) and two others that Iforget the name of. The Kobalt is 100 certs and the other two are priced at 250 certs and 500 certs. The rest are 1,000 certs.

Last edited by HiroshiChugi; 2013-04-29 at 07:17 AM.
Old 2013-04-29, 06:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

I dont see any real reason for these changes other than that that they make some people happy - but that reason applies to every weapon in the game really.
Old 2013-04-29, 07:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
hashish
Sergeant

Yea reduction in the price of weapons would really speed up the progression in the game. And also, more importantly for SOE, their sales via station cash would decrease.. So no matter how much you guys say you want price revision, its not in SOE's interest to do so..

In a way its good to have slow progression, keeps you playing longer.. I think as they add tons more vehicles + weapons + continents + metagame + sanc and much much more... Then things would defiantly NEED to be cheaper in order to increase the progression rate..

Old 2013-04-29, 07:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
CrimsonTemplar
Staff Sergeant

I'll say that Shotgun prices are unreasonable. I mean if what you say is true, then 1.000 is actually ludicrously cheap. No wonder they're an issue, so bump up the price I say.
Old 2013-04-29, 07:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
ThatGoatGuy
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by CrimsonTemplar View Post
I'll say that Shotgun prices are unreasonable. I mean if what you say is true, then 1.000 is actually ludicrously cheap. No wonder they're an issue, so bump up the price I say.
Dido
Old 2013-04-29, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Galron
Staff Sergeant

You can play the game for free, but you will only be limited in your cert acquisition speed. If you want to try different things faster or be slightly better faster you pony up the cash. 15 a month really isn't that bad, I think SOE prices things to get you to spend money, because they would be dumb not to. I don't think these prices are unreasonable but then again I'm not a freeloader.
Old 2013-04-29, 08:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
Maybe enforce sube fees? Yes me wants that. And yes I don't give a fuck about all you free loaders think about that.
Yes but you would give a fuck about the plummeting population levels that would result when the freeloaders and casual SC spenders who don't want to pay a sub leave, wouldn't you?

Originally Posted by hashish View Post
Yea reduction in the price of weapons would really speed up the progression in the game. And also, more importantly for SOE, their sales via station cash would decrease.. So no matter how much you guys say you want price revision, its not in SOE's interest to do so..

In a way its good to have slow progression, keeps you playing longer...
^ this.
Old 2013-04-29, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Hamma
PSU Admin

I don't see any of this stuff changing in the near term - SC or Certs.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion