PS1 Kill Info - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: hmmm, now where did i park my wraith?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-06-12, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
ZeroOneZero
Corporal

PS1 Kill Info

I really hope we get to customize or disable the kill cam for PS2. I see no reason for it, sure i get to see who killed who and with what.

(NC MAX pic, with two scatter guns with desert camo) Whoop-F#$%-doo!
There are going to be thousands of players with different side grades and customization, it's too much information to go on, and there is no reason for it. They should keep it like PS! (Player X Name: Killed with what weapon or vehicle: Player Y Name that got killed) Plain and simple!

I don't see how players are going to benefit from it.

You're not going to see players say: Ohh shit I got one shotted by a jackhammer with a side grade of increase damage and super slow reload time. Hmm Ok, now i know what killed me, I think i have a counter!

10 seconds later, he customizes his class to kill that specific NC, only to be killed by a vanguard in camo gear with X side grades.
Old 2012-06-12, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Nasher
Sergeant

Re: PS1 Kill Info

I really doesn't matter, good luck finding the guy that killed you in so much chaos :P
Old 2012-06-12, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Raymac
Brigadier General

Or, "oh hey that's a really cool camo. I want to buy that."

Planetside 2 is going to be free to play, and they are only going to sell cosmetic items. I think this form of "advertising" is a non-intrusive small price to pay.

Plus, it will tell you if you were killed by multiple people and how much damage they did. Sometimes the last shot that gets you is just a lucky shot and you didn't notice whoever it was that did most of the damage to you.

Will it automatically make you a better player? Of course not. Is it valuable information? Yes.

Old 2012-06-12, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Unforgiven
Corporal

i think its more for the casual gamer so when SuPeRVet5000 kills uberN00B 10 times in a row, then the new guy can learn what he is doing wrong, like walking in the open area that supervet5000 is covering with his rifle or whatever.

i think we can agree that most of us will not need it, but the game is F2P, so people will need it, just not us people.

The Enclave
The Arm of Decision in Battle
Old 2012-06-12, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Figment
Lieutenant General

Look at it this way.

PS1:
Noob: "OMG HOW U KIEL IN 1 SHOT WITH BOLTDRIVER!!??!"
Sniper: "Ehr we were with two snipers and timed the shot on TeamSpeak."
Noob: "YAH RITE U H4X0R. REPORTED."
Sniper: "...okaaay."
Sniper: *sigh*

PS2:
Noob: "!!! How the f@*@#&(#!!??"
Noob: "Oh lol 2 znipz0rs hit same sec, i let dem knoe i want in there outfit!"
Noob: "hi2u, i can haz outfit invite plz?"
Sniper: "Sorry, you're on the wrong empire."
Noob: "FU AND UR F#&@$*&$ FRIEND!"
Sniper 2: "Hey that guy that we just killed wants into our outfit, what shall I tell him?"
Old 2012-06-12, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
ZeroOneZero
Corporal

True true, what you guys said makes sense. But I just hope the SOE dev's add in the function to turn it off, for whoever doesn't need it. *Gets down on one knee, Oh Lord Higby, Where are thou?*
Old 2012-06-12, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
XLynxX
Corporal

I really don't think it's such a big deal that you want it turned off. It takes about 5 seconds of time which otherwise you would be spending looking at the ground or a black screen. It might give you useful information, like telling you the outfit the person is apart of so you know what to expect while your fighting (if that certain outfit uses tanks, or uses a lot of maxes, or hides in places you don't expect to get guriella warfare type of kills).

I actually think that is a intelligent killcam, and someone who's played hours of FPS' and have played in ladders etc will want to know that type of information of their opponent (from personal experience, when I played against teams and in ladders, I'd always want to learn what my best opponents were playing as and how, so that I could either adapt to kill them, or even to adopt their methods). Even if there are hundreds of other players on the map, it is very likely you'll still run into the same character very often. PS1 showed that.
Old 2012-06-12, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
ZeroOneZero
Corporal

Sure it provides with lots of info, but it won't tell you where they killed you from (not like COD kill cams). You want to know with what weapon he killed you with? well he has about 20 different customizations, that he can change anytime he wants. So in the end you're back where you were, you got all the info, but it changes constantly, even for that one player. It's useful for Outfits and other known groups, but for single targets, not so much. I'm pretty sure outfits will be fighting with a lot of lone wolf type of players, so there is a lot of mixing. You won't be able to adjust to one specific outfit. But if it was strictly outfit vs outfit, then i totally agree with you.
Old 2012-06-12, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
QuantumMechanic
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

The information it provides on not only who delivered the final blow to you, but also the top 3 or so assisting damage players will be interesting for me.

Many times you think you are fighting some guy one-on-one, but you don't realize there's also another enemy on top of a wall shooting at you, and the tank shelling you from behind. It lets you know the odds weren't as even as you might have thought.
Old 2012-06-12, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
PhoenixDog
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Look at it this way.

PS1:
Noob: "OMG HOW U KIEL IN 1 SHOT WITH BOLTDRIVER!!??!"
Sniper: "Ehr we were with two snipers and timed the shot on TeamSpeak."
Noob: "YAH RITE U H4X0R. REPORTED."

PS2:
Noob: "!!! How the f@*@#&(#!!??"
Noob: "Oh lol 2 znipz0rs hit same sec, i let dem knoe i want in there outfit!"
Noob: "hi2u, i can haz outfit invite plz?"
Sniper: "Sorry, you're on the wrong empire."
Noob: "FU AND UR F#&@$*&$ FRIEND!"
Sniper 2: "Hey that guy that we just killed wants into our outfit, what shall I tell him?"
That's priceless!

~Xen of Onslaught Member Since: September 2003
~XoO Planetside 2 Air Division Commander
~Recruiting Now! Check our our PSU Recruitment Thread Here
Old 2012-06-12, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Toonlad
Private

I would like to have a disable feature for the kill cam, when you die as much as me it would be like spam cam.

i would just prefer to not have it, my preference.
Old 2012-06-12, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Toonlad View Post
I would like to have a disable feature for the kill cam, when you die as much as me it would be like spam cam.

i would just prefer to not have it, my preference.
Don't die so much?
Old 2012-06-12, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
ZeroOneZero
Corporal

Originally Posted by ArmedZealot View Post
Don't die so much?
Lol! Yeah, even the best players are going to die. Expect to die a lot. It's no up to you how you're going to die, you just know it's coming. 2000 players, there is no avoiding death.
Old 2012-06-12, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

Much better than "Oh, you killed someone? TOO BAD! He gets to see a 3D view of you and your surroundings." I think it's the near perfect killcam.
Old 2012-06-12, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
ringring
Contributor
General

the kill cam is fine to me. What I hope we get and I haven't seen it so far is the kill spam.

In ps1 it was very informative to see who is doing the killing and who the dying in your vacinity. Over time you work out who are the dangerous people on the other side.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion