IR/NV messed up - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Dude, wheres my password?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-03, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Stellarthief
Corporal

Re: IR/NV messed up

Not to get all science-y, cuz I can't really.

But you can hide from thermal (I think IR also, but not sure) cameras, detectors, imaging by using simple panes of glass... You don't need high tech.

Besides, as some others pointed out. Realism? Enjoy your pod drop, sauron canon, unrealistic jetpacks, david copperfield cloak, superheated plasma bullets from a pistol, and so forth and so on.

It's a game. Balance + gameplay > realism in a sci-fi shooter...
Old 2013-02-03, 09:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
typhaon
Sergeant Major

I'd like to see SOE and infiltrators focus more on "things for the infiltrator to do in the context of the game," and less on "IMABINVISOANDKILLUHAHAHAH!!!"
Old 2013-02-03, 10:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Dokran
Private

Originally Posted by Stellarthief View Post
Not to get all science-y, cuz I can't really.

But you can hide from thermal (I think IR also, but not sure) cameras, detectors, imaging by using simple panes of glass... You don't need high tech.

Besides, as some others pointed out. Realism? Enjoy your pod drop, sauron canon, unrealistic jetpacks, david copperfield cloak, superheated plasma bullets from a pistol, and so forth and so on.

It's a game. Balance + gameplay > realism in a sci-fi shooter...
Lol, thats like bringing a neon with the text "shot here" to a battlefield.

One thing I don´t buy is the use of NV in this game, when every other war game soldiers have NV goggles, why in planetside 2 don´t.

typhaon
I'd like to see SOE and infiltrators focus more on "things for the infiltrator to do in the context of the game," and less on "IMABINVISOANDKILLUHAHAHAH!!!"

That´s true.
Old 2013-02-04, 03:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Stellarthief
Corporal

Originally Posted by Dokran View Post
Lol, thats like bringing a neon with the text "shot here" to a battlefield.
My point was not about practicality. But something simple that has been around for many years can negate new technology.

Point was more about, lets not bring reality into this because it has no place here. More to the point, infil view settings should be the same for all, yet arent.

I can easily (when the game is working and not stuttering..) see an infil cloaked at 100+ meters since I use low GFX. Before I could spot similarily, but I actually needed to REALLY pay attention at those ranges. Now? The infil sticks out! I can't NOT see him...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion