Crossbow: Do you enjoy it? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'm not as you think as drunk I am!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-02-17, 05:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
almalino
First Sergeant

Crossbow: Do you enjoy it?

I bought the crossbow for like 700 SC and I do not really like it. I think it is a bit too slow for my play style.

So, I officially put it into "Money Wasted" basket. But at least I supported SOE here
Old 2014-02-17, 05:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Elahhez
Corporal

Misc Info
Re: Crossbow: Do you enjoy it?

I bought it for the sole purpose of the motion sensor ammo which works on every class (expect max for obvious reasons).. works great

Get this or an empire themed dynamic sig with your name on it at http://ps2.gilsweb.com/
Belonging to Long Forgotten Soldiers outfit on Miller, Technology IS Might
Old 2014-02-17, 05:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
almalino
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Elahhez View Post
I bought it for the sole purpose of the motion sensor ammo which works on every class (expect max for obvious reasons).. works great
How does it work? I guess it is not the same as infiltrator motion sensor that has only 4 shots and then lasts like a minute?

Oh crap. I just realised I saw like tenth of enemy sensors on the map at once and was wondering is it a hack or not. apparently not. It is a crossbow.

Last edited by almalino; 2014-02-17 at 06:02 AM.
Old 2014-02-17, 06:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Elahhez
Corporal

Misc Info

They don't last long, but can give you a temporary bearing on enemy activity, and it does have like 18 shots or so before needing to resupply, so you can spam it a bit.

Get this or an empire themed dynamic sig with your name on it at http://ps2.gilsweb.com/
Belonging to Long Forgotten Soldiers outfit on Miller, Technology IS Might
Old 2014-02-17, 06:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

I had a go of the xbow in VR and I have decided not to waste any SC or Certs on this for now. I need other items first, but once I'm done certing up more important stuff I will more than likely get it, just to have it in my collection
Old 2014-02-17, 09:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Boildown
Sergeant

I'll probably get it once its on a half-off sale. More concerned about the new infiltrator SMG.

Old 2014-02-17, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Palerion
Sergeant Major

I think it's funny some people are calling it OP.
Old 2014-02-17, 10:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
AuntLou
Staff Sergeant

The crossbow has been hot and cold for me depending on the situation. It's good for farming but for a duel where my clip runs out I'd prefer my pistol. It's more powerful then the flare/frost pistols that's for sure. I received some hate tells over it over the weekend so apparently people hate dieing to it. A TR named Rexxhavokk even claimed "they" reported me and continued on a rant about how it was noob of me as a BR100 to use it and anyone using it was a sniper or Zoey noobs(not in exact words but to that effect). wtf? lol

http://www.thefortydeuce.com

Last edited by AuntLou; 2014-02-17 at 04:19 PM.
Old 2014-02-17, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Any class may carry a motion sensor.

Any class can carry an AV secondary weapon.

Any class may carry a secondary weapon with optics.

In the hands of someone who has practiced with it, the crossbow is a direct upgrade from all previous secondary weapons up to the weapon's maximum effective range.

There is no AV functionality for a primary weapon which matches the AV damage output of the crossbow. IIRC only UBGL can harm armor, and it is especially weak for the task.

I keep saying we need lumifiber bolts. Heartstring is much easier to use because the user can clearly see the arc pattern (especially with heavy ass explosive bolts).

I wonder if this would open the door for more AV primary/secondary weapons, like AV rounds for Lasher, MCG, and Jackhammer and NS-15M.

I really hope this opens the door for optics on conventional pistols, especially ones that are modeled with a rail for attachments. A lot of players complain that the Commissioner would be too powerful with optics, but given that the crossbow is even more powerful, that argument could soon wither away.
Old 2014-02-17, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
HelpLuperza
Corporal

I think the cross bow is interesting because its quirky. The game needs more quirkiness.
Old 2014-02-17, 02:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Boildown
Sergeant

You know I forgot about the anti-vehicle application of this. I may have to relook at it.

Old 2014-02-17, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
torokf
Corporal

I Like it, my kdr with it is bad but the funmeter is high enough :>
I say it's pretty balanced and has it's niche with a stalker cloak, or for LA on towers to quietly take down dem snipers, etc. etc.

Gj SOE!
Old 2014-02-17, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

I like the crossbow just because it's pretty situational. In a straight up duel, yes you're going to lose as someone else had mentioned. In certain loadouts though it can compliment your primary. Like for me Jackhammer(Or other shotty) and the crossbow was pretty fun. The AV can be somewhat useful in the right situation but it's AI capabilities might as well be none. (And here I thought we'd all be getting grenade launchers for secondaries, thank the Auraxian gods not.)
Old 2014-02-17, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Its a must have tool really, oddly enough a stalker cloak infiltrator might not want it as there are far better pistols if you don't have a primary but if you have a primary its got great damage (almost 1 hit kill if you hit the head) and options to let you kill vehicles and have motion detectors.

anybody who doesn't use this is a bit of a idiot really, it might take time to get use to but the scope, extra range, extra damage and versatility it offers makes it far superior to every other sidearm.
Old 2014-02-17, 04:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant

I like it. It is so, so satisfying when you get kills with it. It hits like a freaking truck. The only downside is the rather strong arc via gravity pull due to velocity.

I believe the sensor bolts last 12 sec each, nearly a 4th of the time that maxed out darts last. Good for a defensive engie with ammo pack though.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion