Crossbow: Do you enjoy it? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Who wants to see my "Lan Cable"
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-02-25, 05:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
almalino
First Sergeant

Re: Crossbow: Do you enjoy it?

I reconsidered crossbow after last weekend play. I enjoy it now especially when I found out it is OHK into the head in many cases but not always.
Old 2014-02-25, 07:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
JesNC
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Neurotoxin View Post
Any class may carry a motion sensor.

Any class can carry an AV secondary weapon.

Any class may carry a secondary weapon with optics.

In the hands of someone who has practiced with it, the crossbow is a direct upgrade from all previous secondary weapons up to the weapon's maximum effective range.

There is no AV functionality for a primary weapon which matches the AV damage output of the crossbow. IIRC only UBGL can harm armor, and it is especially weak for the task.

I keep saying we need lumifiber bolts. Heartstring is much easier to use because the user can clearly see the arc pattern (especially with heavy ass explosive bolts).

I wonder if this would open the door for more AV primary/secondary weapons, like AV rounds for Lasher, MCG, and Jackhammer and NS-15M.

I really hope this opens the door for optics on conventional pistols, especially ones that are modeled with a rail for attachments. A lot of players complain that the Commissioner would be too powerful with optics, but given that the crossbow is even more powerful, that argument could soon wither away.
The motion sensor function is extremely watered down compared to the Infils's RDD, and so is the AV damage output compared to any other AV weapon. Even UBGL grenades do more damage.

The crossbow is kinda fun to use, but I would never classify it as a direct upgrade, not even over the default secondaries. And IMO it's a downgrade compared to the Commisioner or the Rebel.
It's only perks are range, stealth and the recon darts.
Old 2014-02-25, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Timealude
Captain

I like it, it's very good when used in tandem with EMP grenades.
Old 2014-02-25, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
mrmrmrj
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Cupcakes View Post
Bought the anniversary pack which gives you the heartstring. Its a terrible weapon with terrible projectile speed and a pathetic explosive mode which takes 100 bolts to kill one tank.

Only worth it for the title
The fact that is sucks against NBTs is no reason to condemn the weapon. You had a ridiculous expectation. It is the ONLY pistol slot weapon that can even damage MBT and Sunderers, plus it is fun to shoot.
Old 2014-02-25, 08:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Don't discount it against vehicles. 17 explosive-bolts for a MBT (18-19 for a Vanguard) If your running Ammo belt like I am you have 32 bolts to use. In my experience it's 3-5 bolts in the engine block to cause the MBT to freak out, pull back and look for what's hitting them.

If you're really good you can stalk the MBT to where they think there safe to get out and repair and kill the Tanker, or just go after already wounded MBT's.

As ar as full AT Experience against a MBT I've been using a Wraith Module flash with a Basilisk. On the off-chance they can zero in on my flash, it's to late, I've already done the damage, I can abandon the Flash and finish them off with the Cross-bow, easy!

EDIT: It's 4/40 bolts at max rank ammo belt

Last edited by HereticusXZ; 2014-03-08 at 08:49 AM.
Old 2014-02-26, 12:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Heavygain
Lieutenant Colonel

I enjoy it and I just got it today. My k/d certainly did not go up with it but I've had some real fun times with it during my first day with it as infiltrator, stalker, and heavy assault. It seems to be the most versatile weapon in game, providing a way to work it into any class for many different reasons. I certainly wouldn't label it as OP, it's drop and damage degradation over range are both quite high and even at point blank it does not one-shot head shot beefy targets, just those not wearing strong enough nanoweave.

Rather than nerfing it's versatility, I hope they will make more weapons comparably versatile.

Last edited by Heavygain; 2014-02-26 at 12:04 AM.
Old 2014-03-08, 08:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
almalino
First Sergeant

I stopped using crossbow. With a simple pistol and stalker camo I'm much more effective at killing people.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion