[PSA] What are your top 3 bases or outposts in PlanetSide 2? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You have received 5 grief points for flaming on this site.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2014-01-14, 04:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: [PSA] What are your top 3 bases or outposts in PlanetSide 2?

Personally I like the bases that are:-
- not spread out, it's easy to get back into the action
- not chaotic, you need to be able to play the layout as well as have some kind
- separates vehicles from the infantry fights (and I think they should stop harassers going where they shouldn't)

So, I rule out bases like Amp Stations, too chaotic and spread out for me (the newer design is even more chaotic imho). It also rules out Andvari Frozen Reservoir for the same reasons.

I do like nearly all towers and nearly all Bio Labs. Towers produce a good fight no matter how many people are there but Bio's sometimes don't and when they do they are often over too quickly because of the daft short timer.

From my point of view the problem with the walls on Esamir are that stuff like finding your way in or out is hard. Something that can be fixed easily surely.

The bases I chose as my best three are:-
1. Snowsheer Watchtower - very often good fights and can be intense(I like attacking and defending)
2. Octagon - it's one of those where it needs quite a few people but when enough are there there are good fights. I like to two tier and the walls ofc.
3. Palos Solar Array - very good fights can occur. There are choke points and also the walls make LA a good option.
Old 2014-01-14, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Vyvien
Private

My top three bases/outposts:

1. Crimson Bluff

2. Snowshear Watchtower

3. Crossroads Watchtower

Last edited by Vyvien; 2014-01-14 at 04:42 PM.
Old 2014-01-15, 05:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

1). Tumas Tech-Plant
I love the open field in the south, the mountains to the west and the thick patch of trees to the east... and the paths with the cement tunnels give great flanking options between the three satellites that usually provide unique firefights.

2). Chimney Rock Depot
I love that the A point is just surrounded by these thick trees offering tons of natural cover that make it slightly difficult for tanks/aircraft to strafe infantry.

3). Genudine Physics Lab
I love that this facility is smack dab in the center of a thick tree grove, south of the facility across a field there's a small natural trench with vines growing off the rocks that make for a unique approach when attacking the small outpost, I love this facility so much!

After seeing Esamire and these giant black walls, I want to see what the devs can do with barriers against tanks or aircraft that look... natural and not forced like Esamire came across. Making the environment look practical or natural just adds to the immersion of the universe your fighting in. As much as I love the new designs to bases on Esamire, a lot of the environments looked forced to cater to MLG players and not naturally formed, environments didn't look battle ready/Militarily practical to me.

Last edited by HereticusXZ; 2014-01-15 at 07:48 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion