Planetside 2 Discussion Negativity. - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It hasn't been 2003 since 2003
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-10, 06:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Seafort
Private

Re: Planetside 2 Discussion Negativity.

Originally Posted by FreeSpeech View Post
Doesn't matter what patches come out, if they don't balance VS and TR against NC soon, who's going to bother playing NC? VS guns > TR guns > NC guns and VS vehicles > TR vehicles > NC vehicles . The NC just suck balls.
I agree. I play NC on Miller and it is so frustrating battling the other 2 factions now. It's bad enough with the vehicle spam going on but CQC i can't win either as the other 2 factions spit out so many more bullets with such accuracy it's hard to compete against them.

I'm thinking about quitting the game as it's just too frustrating now. The NC population on Miller has decreased since the start and the TR/VS pop have increased. It's not hard to work out that people have swapped from NC to the other 2 factions as they are easier to play.
Old 2013-01-10, 06:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
FreeSpeech
Corporal

I'm stuck though because my friends all chose NC, and that's mainly due to the music and the fact they didn't like the VS look. SO WHAT?! Who cares about the crappy music and skins you all look the same anyway!! NC guns NEED A BUFF and VS vehicles need a serious nerf. A scythe for example is:

(a) more maneoverable than any other ESF
(b) no less weaker than any other ESF - they can take 2 salvos of the upgraded primary gun on a Reaver and still have health left.
(c) able to deal more splash damage with pods than we can making them obscene infantry killers
(d) rip all other ESF's to shreds with their guns.

Frankly how Sony are so blind to the NC problem is a mystery.
Old 2013-01-11, 04:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

(a) more maneoverable than any other ESF
That's.. kind of their thing. Mossies are speed, Scythes are maneuverability, Reavers are.. questionable at the minute, i'll give you that.

(d) rip all other ESF's to shreds with their guns.
Ever seen the Mossie gun that fires about 50 rounds in 2 seconds? The Scythe's guns aren't any more or less destructive than the guns on the other two, they're just different.

Most of the issue when it comes to NC compared to, say, VS isn't a power difference, it's an ease of use difference one what they get as defaults (whether it be guns or aircraft, etc).

Last edited by ShadetheDruid; 2013-01-11 at 04:19 AM.
Old 2013-01-11, 06:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Rolfski
Major

Originally Posted by QuantumMechanic View Post
I guess I need a new mantra to chant in the shower every morning: "I will have a positively charged day. I will have a positively charged day. I will have a positively charged day".
That's the spirit! I wish more bittered people would follow your example
Old 2013-01-11, 07:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Beerbeer
Major

I feel like a bystander watching a train wreck. It's both horrible and intriguing to watch, but I can't take my eyes off of it.

I guess if you bought a ticket on that train, all you can do is smile and think positive thoughts, so good for you.
Old 2013-01-11, 07:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
FreeSpeech
Corporal

The NC equivalent of the 50 rounds in 2 seconds gun doesn't even hurt when it does hit. ONe scythe I found took 2 full salvos from that gun and still had 25% of it's health left to do a 360 turn on the spot and pelt me with half a salvo to kill mine. There's definitely some damage difference.

Reavers are definitely "questionnable" and I'll bet anything that they won't get any help in the next patch.
Old 2013-01-11, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

The NC equivalent of the 50 rounds in 2 seconds gun doesn't even hurt when it does hit. ONe scythe I found took 2 full salvos from that gun and still had 25% of it's health left to do a 360 turn on the spot and pelt me with half a salvo to kill mine. There's definitely some damage difference.

Reavers are definitely "questionnable" and I'll bet anything that they won't get any help in the next patch.
1. I'm guessing you meant 180?
2. There is no scythe weapon that kills in half a salvo. Even an up-magged TurboLaser at point blank is two. On this there is plenty of available video evidence.

You seem to be a one issue pony. There's nothing wrong with that, but perhaps you'd like to make a thread on your collected pile of NC imbalances, and stop littering them around everywhere else. You might get more engagement.
Old 2013-01-12, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
FreeSpeech
Corporal

Seems to manage fine when shooting a Reaver down. Hell a basic firearm manages to damage a Reaver pretty dam well. Liberators can laugh at the Reaver while 3 ENTIRE SALVOS of rockets + rotary cannons fail to destroy it and other fighters can laugh while the Reaver is unable to turn on the spot.
Old 2013-01-12, 07:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

FreeSpeech, I notice about two or three times now you've commented on the "weakness" of the Reaver in terms of damage. You are aware that all three ESFs have the same HP, right?
Old 2013-01-13, 04:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
FreeSpeech
Corporal

Certainly doesn't seem that way. Barely one salvo of bullets and Reaver dies. Scythe's still take at least 2 without any issues and these are direct hits on the body.

Needs a damage output buff certainly. Liberators don't even bother with back gunners now because the damage an ESF does to a Lib is so pitiful they don't even need to worry about us.
Old 2013-01-13, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
Rolfski
Major

Last night saw 43(!) TR outfits operating together on Miller, it was a total blast. Anyone who still thinks this game is dead obviously doesn't know what he's talking about.
Old 2013-01-13, 11:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
james
Sergeant Major

The game isn't dead i don't think anyone is saying that. It seems player numbers have gone up, but that's thanks to SOE being misleading about changes in an email. So they will loose those players shortly
Old 2013-01-13, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Strategy
Private

Certainly doesn't seem that way. Barely one salvo of bullets and Reaver dies. Scythe's still take at least 2 without any issues and these are direct hits on the body.

Needs a damage output buff certainly. Liberators don't even bother with back gunners now because the damage an ESF does to a Lib is so pitiful they don't even need to worry about us.
You should watch Ironfist's stream. There's nothing wrong with the Reaver (now that they've fixed it).
Old 2013-01-13, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
FreeSpeech
Corporal

4 full salvos required to kill a Lib. At least 2 full salvos to kill an ESF. Less maneoverable and less fast but no increase in damage noticeable and ammo extremely limited without a million certs. Plenty wrong!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion