I want to spend money - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Game Over SUCKA!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-11-30, 10:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MonthOLDpickle
Private

I want to spend money

But don't know what to spend it on !
Old 2012-11-30, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Aurmanite
Captain

Re: I want to spend money

The first thing I bought was the lock on anti-vehicular rocket launcher for heavy assault. Killing vehicles is great XP even if you only get one rocket in before it blows up. Plus, if you're working with a group of people you can bully tanks around as infantry.

Other than that, the bolt action sniper rifles are a great choice if you aren't NC, the Skyguard turret for the Lightning is handy, and an experience booster if you didn't get Alpha Squad will make a big difference in your cert gain.

You might want to learn the game a bit first before you purchase the booster, however, because until you can find your way around and put your boot in people's asses, it will waste away.

Then there's cosmetic stuff. You aren't gonna wear the stock gear and look like a scrub, are you? Clothes make the man.

Last edited by Aurmanite; 2012-11-30 at 10:52 PM.
Old 2012-11-30, 11:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
MonthOLDpickle
Private

I been playing..the stat page says my character is not found (been like that for days) so I can't link it. =/

I am thinking chain gun, that gun for long shots and AA rocket for HA. Than something for LA/Engy.
Old 2012-12-01, 04:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Spoof
Corporal

You need camo, to look good on the battlefield.

Then a snazzy helmet, to look good on the battlefield.

Finally composite armour, because you need to look good on the battlefield.

If you have a vehicle then all of the above, plus neon lights* (to show the enemy how good you look on the battlefield) and armour upgrades (they might actually be beneficial, but more importantly they look good on the battlefield).

It's all about fashion.

*Also useful in traffic to alert the fools running down the middle of the road, and to flash them in sync with the Vanu disco beat when capping. Bring a glitter ball and some friends with alternate colours for the full effect.
Old 2012-12-01, 04:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rolfski
Major

Try out some of the bundles, the vehicle starter is good value.

Otherwise, rocket pods on your ESF is a no-brainer. HE or Skyguard on your Lightning is also very useful. If you're flying Liberator, upgrade your guns as well.
Old 2012-12-01, 05:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Juryrig
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by MonthOLDpickle View Post
I am thinking chain gun, that gun for long shots and AA rocket for HA. Than something for LA/Engy.
If you like being occasionally able to sit back from the front lines and take pot-shots, then the battle rifle is useable by both your heavy and engie. (although it's arguable whether it's actually 'better' at this than taking single shots with an LMG with a scope on. Mileage will vary.)

It was one of the first things I bought and I use it a lot, I like being able to swap between 'long range' and 'CQC' roles just by swapping loadouts.

The air to ground guided missile is definitely worthwhile. Killing tanks as infantry is very satisfying.

The air to ground missile is currently a lot less satisfying - frequently misses (or is evaded) and seems to do comparatively less damage.

Depending on which faction you play, camo is either a badass appearance upgrade or an expensive way to make yourself look like a clown :-)
Old 2012-12-01, 06:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rolfski
Major

Originally Posted by Juryrig View Post
Depending on which faction you play, camo is either a badass appearance upgrade or an expensive way to make yourself look like a clown :-)
Agreed, be very cautious in investing in camo if you're not TR as most VS/NC uniforms will make you look like an overpimped Xmas tree.
Old 2012-12-01, 06:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Juryrig
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
Agreed, be very cautious in investing in camo if you're not TR as most VS/NC uniforms will make you look like an overpimped Xmas tree.
I stare at people in the NC Warpgate trying to work out which camos they are wearing, so I can either (a) add them to the list of 'possibles' or (b) rule them out totally because they make my eyes bleed (zebra, anyone? I have utmost respect for anyone who uses that, it must be like having a glowing neon "shoot me" sign above your head )

I must look like I'm some kind of virtual stalker....
Old 2012-12-01, 06:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Tooterfish
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Spoof View Post
You need camo, to look good on the battlefield.

Then a snazzy helmet, to look good on the battlefield.

Finally composite armour, because you need to look good on the battlefield.

If you have a vehicle then all of the above, plus neon lights* (to show the enemy how good you look on the battlefield) and armour upgrades (they might actually be beneficial, but more importantly they look good on the battlefield).
aaaw yea

Read my game blog @ www.roffle.com
Old 2012-12-15, 04:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
McHool
Private

I'm torn between bying a booster or getting a weapon.
I'd like to know about your experiences.
Double XP does not mean double CP, right? At least, that's my impression based on that double XP weekend lately.
I play TR HA mostly, have the 4* scope for the standard, like to shoot things from far away, certed quite some Sundy, and I'm a vet. For now I'm lone wolfing but planning to join an outfit in which I could play my favourite role, Sundy-driver and HA/ENG.
My primary target for now is to get CPs. ATM I have 500 SC, in a few days those'll be 1000. I'm on holidays from now on for the next 10 days. So, good option to spend the SC for a booster as I have a lot of playtime ahead.
But, will the booster bring me as much CPs as, say, the lock-on AV?
What's your experience/opinion?
Old 2012-12-15, 04:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Juryrig
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by McHool View Post
Double XP does not mean double CP, right? At least, that's my impression based on that double XP weekend lately.
You get one cert point for every 250 (I think) XP so, yes, double XP means the certs will come in twice as fast.

I'd say a booster will bring the certs in faster than any weapon, simply because any weapon is situational whereas with a booster you're getting the bonus for every single thing you do that nets you XP.

As an engineer rank up your ammo pack and make sure you ALWAYS have one deployed - at level three and above it's like a fire-and-forget XP generator. The individual amounts are small, but they rack up over time.

I'll drop an ammo pack in the warpgate before spawning an ESF - and I'll have picked up 100XP from that before I've even reached my first target in the Scythe....
Old 2012-12-15, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
McHool
Private

Thanks for your post Juryrig.
Any other opinions on this?

*bumper*
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion