Review so far of update. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's not like you have anything else to do.....
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-05-24, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Obstruction
First Sergeant

Re: Review so far of update.

Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
it isn't that effective, it only changes the range at which damage and then fatal damage begins by some number of meters that is approximately less than 100.

it could be that a certain amount of horizontal velocity is tolerated because the game can't tell the difference. but we don't know yet.
just a self reply to report back on some testing and correct myself.

tier III safe landing increases fatal damage threshold to 150m, so any less than that and you'll survive, injured. also noteworthy, horizontal velocity doesn't seem to matter. i jumped out at high speed and simply skidded across terrain, eventually slowing to a stop. it remains to be seen if smacking a wall or building would still be fatal at high speed, or if there is some upper limit to how fast you can be going. it's not the fall that kills you after all, but the sudden stop at the end.

so all in all it is pretty good. i still don't think there will be that many places where infantry can use it to any sort of extreme tactical advantage but it will be interesting to try to find some, for sure. i am also not sold on using it over other possible implants as a full time pilot. and there are many other reasons to use light assault as a pilot class that implants don't address. it does open up the possibility of flying as Heavy though. i'm especially excited to try all possible pilot classes when the valkyrie is introduced.

last, after seeing drop rates and running through a dozen or more implant packs on test server, i definitely think the cries of P2W are exaggerated.

Last edited by Obstruction; 2014-05-24 at 06:50 PM.
Old 2014-06-02, 07:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Figment
Lieutenant General

Played a bit with the implant stuff dropping. Problem for me is I never enjoyed crafting. Let alone having to do that over and over and over again.

To me, that is called a grind and if it's needed to do to play on par in a FPS it annoys me. :/

Did like the joking description with the disclaimer on consequences from radio-active materials used in the implants btw.
Old 2014-06-02, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Illtempered
First Sergeant

Another poorly-thought-out and half-ass feature shoved into the game that we didn't need....not to mention the shady monetary facet of it all.

So far on one of my characters I've been able to use Enhanced Targeting most of the time, receiving steady charge drops. It's probably the only implant I'll be using a lot of. It appears to be buggy though because on my main character I'm not getting any charge drops. I'm still using my certs for other things, and I refuse to spend any more cash on this game, until I see some meaningful content added.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion