Tired of Planetside's 2 Predictable stalemates that are won by Zergs - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Windows 7 is our idea.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-06, 04:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Dreamcast
Major

Tired of Planetside's 2 Predictable stalemates that are won by Zergs

This game is becoming too predictable.

The same o Same o Stalemates happen at the exact same place....

Usually they are Zerg friendly so the zergs who push the hardest wins....no strategy involved.

Stalemates are fun at times but the game doesn't offer much ways to attack in some of these places that the stalemates always take place in the same spot......

Is like they design these places to hold like 10 people...SRSLY the game seems like it was design to have 50 people occupy the space where 10 people should be in.

They should really design the locations to take into account hundreds of people fighting, where their is lots of places to flank.

The lack of flanking just destroys the whole meaning of Planetside...When I envisioned planetside 2 I expect much more flanking and openess so it will feel like a huge war....

Instead we get these horrible choke point stalemates that arn't won by strategy but by Zergs, of who has the most people to push that Stalemate.

If we could flank and do more tactical/skillful way to combat, then maybe Zerg pushing eachother wouldn't decide who wins.

Last edited by Dreamcast; 2013-02-06 at 04:51 AM.
Old 2013-02-06, 04:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
PredatorFour
Major

Re: Tired of Planetside's 2 Predictable stalemates that are won by Zergs

This game is a glorified farming simulator, it lost alot of things what made planetside.... "planetside". So the best thing to do is to farm the zerg. They should've called this farmvilleside. New game mean's new ways to find fun unfortunately.
Old 2013-02-06, 04:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
camycamera
Major

oh great, more bloody perfectionists......
Old 2013-02-06, 04:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Figment
Lieutenant General

Dreamcast, I'm not sure what game you're playing, but the zerg wins because there's NO chokepoints to defend.

Not because there are so many chokepoints.

The zerg wins because every fight demands a constant courtyard crossfire which is far too taxing on defenders.

The zerg wins, because all units can pretty much instakill on sight and they got tons and tons of units because everything with high firepower is "more fun when played solo" according to Smedley.

They designed places to be held by hundreds of people, since it's impossible for places to be held by single squads. Those just get overwhelmed, surrounded and quickly boxed into the spawnroom. Why? Because there are no chokepoints.

As for flanking... We have constant flanking occuring everywhere, most of which are ghosts that nobody can respond to. Buildings are still so open and stand alone modular that each building can be flanked, some rooms from up to 8 directions. Finally they're closing some of those down.

Unfortunately, one hit kill grenades, AoE and other such things punish smaller teams who try to dig in by overwhelming them with constant instakill instead of demanding good play from a player.

The stalemates that do occur are situated around particular terrain flows where multiple zergs clash, or because there's too many people being pulled away to fight of a zerg in a different part of the continent, or because people have to spread out way too much to cover all the terrain, to actually make a fist.

What your problem is, is that you call a stalemate a fight that lasts a bit longer. A stalemate is a fight without a winner where the situation never changes and neither side is able to make a decisive move. In PS2, there's tons of ways to checkmate your opponent, so many even that checkmate loses its meaning in terms of cunning.

Last edited by Figment; 2013-02-06 at 04:57 AM.
Old 2013-02-06, 05:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
seanman
Private

enemies zerg cant win at the crown.
Old 2013-02-06, 05:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

I dont see why we have to have 2 threads about the same topic, albeit one is about jump pads AND stalemates and now a separate one about just stalemates.

Do we really need to clutter the forum with same topic threads ? from the same poster ?
Old 2013-02-06, 05:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rolfski
Major

Why post the same complaint twice? It doesn't exactly make your "stalemate" point more convincing.

And I don't see your point concerning the lack of flanking possibilities and "stalemates".
Almost every base or point in this game can be flanked preventing the "stalemates" you speak off. Can't get that biolab? Just surround it and come back later, problem solved. Hate attacking the Crown? Forget about it for now and Max crash it later when no one is paying attention. Stuck at Quartz Ridge Camp? Take West Highlands instead.

And as you should know by now, zergs can be dealt with. They shouldn't be a problem for any organized outfit. If you're still struggling with the basics of dealing with zergs, check the tutorial in my signature.
Old 2013-02-06, 05:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

If it is so predictable, why are you still getting caught up in it?

Old 2013-02-06, 05:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by seanman View Post
enemies zerg cant win at the crown.
Even a zerg can't beat two enemy zergs.

Besides, nobody uses Galaxies and spawn beacons en mass.

Plus, if The Crown had an SCU, even one right next to the spawns, it'd go down quicker. Especially if it could be rigged by infils to blow with less warning.

Last edited by Figment; 2013-02-06 at 06:00 AM.
Old 2013-02-06, 06:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Shamrock
Contributor
First Sergeant

My close friends, all PS1 vets, many who were becoming increasingly disappointed with PS2 actually had a good time since the last patch, because the fights for towers/ bases were now lasting longer due to the defensive adjustments made in the last patch. And yes "shock horror" this requires creative thinking to breach a defensive line and win a fight rather than I have more guys than you I win.

Old 2013-02-06, 06:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
VR Draco
Private

@Dreamcast, you are thinking way to short...

You are thinking of a particular base, defended by a large zerg and attacked from one...
Sure you can't realy flank THIS base with little force, because there are too many people inside, who can defend in any direction.

BUT you can flank the base itself. Attack an adjacent base and cut the zerg-base from the supplies. If you cut of the zerg-base from the warpgate, you WILL see that the zerg leaves the base and you can rush it.

So there is NEVER a stalemate, if you open up your strategy. Smaller forces can take every base around a heavy defended base and this will lead to a win.

Even in those zerg-bases I have never seen a REAL stalemate. If you start a push you can realy win space. But you may loose it, if the enemy pushes. I like these kind of fights, because they feel intense instead of the boring capping of undefended bases.

So in short...there is no problem, except of your restricted view of strategy and tactics.
Old 2013-02-06, 07:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

This thread is as stupid as the other thread that complains about the jump pads that the attackers can not use anymore. The problem of ps2 is the opposite of what you are saying. Read Figment's post.

.sent via phone.
Old 2013-02-06, 07:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Canaris
Contributor
General

lol have you peeps never read a Dreamcast/ImGladUMad post before or something

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2013-02-06 at 07:47 AM.
Old 2013-02-06, 08:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Dreamcast is an appropriate name as he is constantly putting me to sleep with redundant and poorly thought out threads......

PS. If you cannot figure out how to flank on a map this large AND OPEN you are an idiot...(not naming any names )
Old 2013-02-06, 08:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Dkamanus
Master Sergeant

Use the zerg to your advantage, and make the objectives. Believe, Zerg players are very good at providing distraction and cannon fooder for the smaller, more organized outfits to actually do their job.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion