Is there plans to fix stealth? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The happiest place on earth.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-25, 07:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Is there plans to fix stealth?

I was just wondering if there was any plans from SOE to fix the issue making stealthers shadows instead of invisible at low graphics. Tried out a infiltrator today.. got seen from 100ft a lot then finally got told of this issue. I'm hoping then plan to fix it soon.
Old 2013-06-25, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
GreyFrog
Master Sergeant

Re: Is there plans to fix stealth?

100ft? 30ish meters.....pretty easy to see an Inf at that range. I don't think I've ever noticed their shadows either, its the movement you notice and then its easy to focus in on the distortion.
Old 2013-06-25, 08:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
War Barney
Sergeant Major

No its an actual issue when you put the graphics on low the inf becomes a LOT easier to see, instead of being stealthed they become a sort of blackish shadow. And no I haven't just heard this I tried it after being told and ye... aint no infs sneaking up on me now thats for sure.
Old 2013-06-26, 12:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Whiteagle
Major

He is right, Infiltrators at low settings get a semi-transparent retexture instead of "shimmering invisibility" when cloaking.

You end up looking like an Animate Infiltrator Statue made of smokey glass.

Still, the Cloak isn't suppose to make you completely unperceivable in the first place, hence why a Good Infiltrator doesn't rely on it!

This also could make a good Deployable for the Infiltrator as well; Holographic Decoys that can be set to generate a variety of fake Holographic troops, incuding a "Cloaked Infiltrator Ready to Snipe" that will garner you ALL the Hackusations.
Old 2013-06-26, 02:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant

Not like it's ever hard for me to see Infiltrators anyway, and I play on all high settings. Plus the noise gives it away too.
Old 2013-06-26, 06:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Qwan
Captain

Bring back my dark vision implant .... Nuf said. I hate infiltraitors there evil.
Old 2013-06-26, 07:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Qwan View Post
Bring back my dark vision implant .... Nuf said. I hate infiltraitors there evil.
where evil? that sentence makes no sense.

i hope when they introduce the new cloak, they fix the invisibility.

didn´t the devs say something about REAL invisibility before beta? a kind of invisibility that can´t be overriden by graphics- or monitor settings.
i remember them saying that other players wouldn´t even get the data packages of cloaked players.

what happened to this idea?

it would be overpowered for the actual cloak with smg or sniper rifle, but for the stalker cloak that disables your primary weapon, it would be nice.

but it is totally inacceptable that low settings make cloakers visible, while turning off the uggly fog is considered cheating and bannable.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-06-26, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Wahooo
Captain

Some people don't have a choice to run on low settings.

Its been a constant work in progress. It would seem that getting the right balance between high and low settings is harder than it might seem with this since it HAS gone through a bunch of changes since before release. everything from invisible on low but very visible on high to a VERY easy to see shadow that I found easier to see at night than an uncloaked person when on low settings to the way it is now.
The only thing I would like to see is that if you are not moving (turning is fine just not WASD moving) you go 100% invisible.
Old 2013-06-26, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
But it is totally inacceptable that low settings make cloakers visible, while turning off the uggly fog is considered cheating and bannable.
What do you mean turning off fog is considered cheating and bannable? It's a option in the game.

I guess you don't mean fog shadows then.

Last edited by Dragonskin; 2013-06-26 at 11:20 AM.
Old 2013-06-26, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
War Barney
Sergeant Major

They definitely need to do something, its ridiculous that you are basically forced to play on low settings if you want to be on a level playing field to other people. I've been trying it over the last 2 days and the difference is huge, its no wonder that when I tried to play the infiltrator without it other stealthers kept unstealthing and killing me WAY before I could make them out, I must have been clear as day to them.
Old 2013-06-26, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
What do you mean turning off fog is considered cheating and bannable? It's a option in the game.

I guess you don't mean fog shadows then.
nope, i mean the general fog that is everywhere and keeps ps2 from looking good. you would need to edit another file to turn it off. there are some nice youtube videos of how ps2 looks when fog is turned off, but you risk getting banned by doing it now.
i would like to see it as an option, but i guess it is considered an unfair advantage to have a clear view. that´s why i don´t understand why you can change a setting that makes cloakers visible.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-06-26, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
GreyFrog
Master Sergeant

nerf low settings!

I built a new PC before I started playing PS2 so I had no idea. Still it doesnt seem to hurt my Infi times too much, but as someone mentioned I don't rely on it to be completely invisible in the first place.
Old 2013-06-26, 04:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

They should just makes cloaks into pure invisibility for everyone.
Old 2013-06-26, 09:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
camycamera
Major

Originally Posted by Whiteagle View Post

This also could make a good Deployable for the Infiltrator as well; Holographic Decoys that can be set to generate a variety of fake Holographic troops, incuding a "Cloaked Infiltrator Ready to Snipe" that will garner you ALL the Hackusations.
yes! hopefully this will be included in the infiltrator update, along with that spotting gun that puts giant arrows on enemies from PS1.

but a confirmed addition comming from PS1 into PS2 is the stalker cloak, i think it is called. it allows for unlimited cloaking, with the removal of a primary weapon. another confirmation is melee improvements for the infiltrators or something.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion