I need to clear something up here - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: My Mommy Says Your All Just Jealous!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-09, 08:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
I Hate Pants
General

I need to clear something up here

This is mainly towards all TR on Emerald. Today at around 9:35pm a player named nasouthpaw sent a global message saying " iHATEpants is a tker! Kill him if you see him."

First off this guy is the biggest pussy in the world. I go to a vehicle pad and he shots me with his pistol. So I fire back at him. Were even! Out of a stroke of bad luck I accidently ran him over with my marauder while driving to a hotspot, killing him. I had a bit a lag and had no control over my vehicle. Next thing I know my screen goes red for a sec and I get so many grief points.

PLEASE TR! Don't TK me. It wasn't intentional to run him over. If hes reading this and any members of the Blackwidows. Don't judge me on this pricks global spam. Im not a tker.

Thanks
Old 2004-02-09, 08:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
MidnightDave
Contributor
Master Sergeant

dont ya just hate 6 year old cr5s?
Old 2004-02-09, 08:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
I Hate Pants
General

Sure do. But I guess I should brace myself for friendly fire for the next while. *sigh*

Perhaps I should go play VS on Markov until they forget this ever happened.
Old 2004-02-09, 10:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
MidnightDave
Contributor
Master Sergeant

keep medpacks and a repair gun and just let em, its their grief lol, one thing to do is dont fire back, it just gives em a reason to keep shooting.
Old 2004-02-09, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

NASouthpaw is a good guy, I hacked him a thresher and he ran 16 ppl over with it. Ill ask him.
Old 2004-02-09, 10:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
kreeten
Contributor
First Sergeant

Did you send him a tell afterwards that it was an accident?
Old 2004-02-10, 01:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
KIAsan
First Sergeant

I wouldn't worry about it. I don't know how many times I have seen idiot CR5s global crap like that. Most of them have already made the permanent /ignore list.

I must admit, I ran into a similar situation before with a cr5. What was a simple understanding turned into him contalling the argument. The problem was, he is actually not a bad cr5, just had a bad day. I did my best to work it out with him in a tell and that seemed to calm the situation down.

Remember, there is no IQ/AGE qualifyier for CR5. And most players couldn't care less about these idiots. Also, most folks you play with judge on your own merits, not what someone says about you (at least if they are the type of folks that are worth being around).

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-02-10, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

The most unfortunate side effect is that people start ignoreing the good CR5s as well as those with IQs lower than their age.
Old 2004-02-10, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Jagd
Major

Until they put a timer on global and continental chat, we will have to deal with the inane antics of any nerd with enough time on their hands to get CR5.
Old 2004-02-10, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
2mthsTheSniper
Private

Almost on topic...

I agree with the wisdom about knowing people worth knowing and only worrying about their opinions.

There are all sorts of people out there. My (admitedly limited) experiance has taught me this. I was a member of Outcasters (on Werner). I left because some of the leaders in there were annoying. A couple of days later I end up in a great squad with some great people. I join them whenever possible now. A week after joining up with them (and several BR later) I find out they are all Outcasters too.

That said I don't know what it's like to incur the wrath of a CR5, but personally so long as I felt I was in the right I'd only be worried if they actualy caused me a problem. If they did then I'd probably pursue a line of complaining about them but that might well be more hassel that it's worth.

Good luck
Old 2004-02-10, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Majik
Contributor
Sergeant Major

I am still a firm believer in punishing of bad commanders. For every 100 people that put a commander on ignore, they should lose and have to re-earn a CR level.
Old 2004-02-10, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by I Hate Pants
This is mainly towards all TR on Emerald. Today at around 9:35pm a player named nasouthpaw sent a global message saying " iHATEpants is a tker! Kill him if you see him."

First off this guy is the biggest pussy in the world. I go to a vehicle pad and he shots me with his pistol. So I fire back at him. Were even! Out of a stroke of bad luck I accidently ran him over with my marauder while driving to a hotspot, killing him. I had a bit a lag and had no control over my vehicle. Next thing I know my screen goes red for a sec and I get so many grief points.

PLEASE TR! Don't TK me. It wasn't intentional to run him over. If hes reading this and any members of the Blackwidows. Don't judge me on this pricks global spam. Im not a tker.

Thanks
I am a Black Widow, so is KIAsan. We don't judge people. Although NaASouthpaw is a member of the ULTRA Alliance, which my outfit helped found. Perhaps it's a misunderstanding. If it persists, let me know. Stop by the forums and we can chat about it.

--Firefly, BlackWidow Company
Executive Officer
Old 2004-02-10, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I'm forced to go with the opposite perception of the cr5. I think that a cr5 should be common, much like a Major.

cr5 is a stage in the grind. If the devs make it arbitrarily difficult to gain cr5, the game's grind will be broken, and the appeal to pure mmorpg players will be shattered.

We all know that early in the game, cr5 was as easy to attain as br11 is now. We should not treat these people as living gods (except Hamma, perhaps). We should be able to attain that command rank for ourselves, as reward for our outstanding loyalty to our empire.

Loyalty Until Death.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-02-10, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
TheN00b
Colonel

Wow Veteran, I guess great minds really do think alike .
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion