I dropped HA. or: How I learned to stop worrying and love MA. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The UN has found no Weapons of Mass Destruction here.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-09, 01:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

I kinda think the Gauss and Pulsar should have 40 rounds per clip rather than 30. Maybe I haven't used those weapons enough, but honestly, compared to the Cycler they run out of ammo so fast they're really not that good next to the Cycler. And, before anyone says they're more accurate or whatever, before I took up sniping I used to get a lot of kills from very short bursts at reasonably long range. The Cycler may not be just as good at "sniping" as the other weapons, but it's by no means very bad at it.
Old 2004-02-09, 05:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

The Pulsar has a 40 round clip

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-02-09, 07:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Heavygain
Lieutenant Colonel

It ultimately doesnt make a differense with me, Im in the air most of the time anyway but i do really good with a MCG but a cycler is essentially the same :P MA is the most balanced over all (Besides sniping and SA) The gauss's clip size fits it perfectly for the damage it does, same with the gauss and cycler.
Old 2004-02-09, 08:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Mudflap
Sergeant

I certed in HA just about a month ago or so, just because I wanted to check it out. The only way that the JH is better than the Sweeper is clip size and secondary fire mode. Without those two, it's pretty much the same, and it costs 4 certs. I haevn't gotten rid of it because I don't know what else to use my certs for and I drive my lightning everywhere and only get out to get up close and personal in a base or a tower. The JH is great for that, but I do think the NC would be better off with more people certing in other things, rather than having a JH swarm. The swarm makes us weak outdoors.
Old 2004-02-09, 08:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Winged_Nazgul
Master Sergeant

I've only used HA maybe 2 weeks total game time since release. Once the new Ammo buffs take place, I don't see myself picking up HA ever again.
Old 2004-02-09, 08:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

Sweeper and Gauss own. The punisher is very powerful in the right situations as well.

As far as MA goes across all teh empires, each one has its benefits. The gauss owns the open field. If they are coming at you from more then 100 meters, they are as good as dead. The cycler is the base assault weapon. The shear number of rounds this thing packs and can toss out in a instant cannot be beat in the short range fight. The pulsar is someplace up there with the gauss as far as damage goes, but it has the COF bloom of the cycler. It is an interesting beast, designed to perform at range, but hindered by its cone of fire.

The sweeper is the Elmer Fudd gun of the planetside universe. I have a macro that says "Shhhh...I'm hunting wabbits." A greatly underused weapon, which thankfully, hasn't lead to the request for nerfing on the OF's. I think it is more powerful then the JH actually, for the shear fact that you can begin shreading your target at a greater distance. The pellet spread is half that of the jackhammer. The only thing you have to remember is to reload after every encounter.

The punisher is the most underrated weapon in the game. One-on-one or one-on-two, you will win if you get the drop on them. A shot of plasma then the 9mm will get you victory. The COF isn't to horrible as long as your not taking damage and you are firing single shots. Packing an extra crate of jammers will take care of those pesky deployables. Usually a couple of shots from the frag will drive off a MAX that decided to come and get you too.

Last edited by TheRagingGerbil; 2004-02-09 at 11:10 AM.
Old 2004-02-09, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

The Gauss got a huge boost with the new Rexo buff. It may very well be better than the Cycler now. Dont discount the Pulsar tho. The Pulsar is the best MA in the 30-50m range and especially now that they can alt fire then switch immediatly on Rexos. It is best used when the enemy cannot Surge rush you (kind of hard to get a feel for the optimal Pulsar distance but it is there believe me) 40m-65m or so the Cycler is still ausome but after that its Gauss all the way.

Much better than the Punisher is the Thumper/HA combo. At about 40-50m when 2 open field enemies spot each other, the one w/out the Thumper is a dead man. Drop 2 or 3 plasmas then surge in with HA. It isnt even a contest. You can take on groups of 2 and 3 this way and regularly emerge victorious. Of course this requires Rexo, HA, and SA but if you spent this many points on Combat certs you are a killing machine anyways
Old 2004-02-09, 09:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

What, give up my ahnold weapon? Never! I love the MCG too much, 100 rounds of suppression fun!

Course i use the cycler for longer range engagements hehe.
Old 2004-02-09, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
SpunkJackel
Corporal

Originally Posted by TheRagingGerbil
The sweeper is the Elmer Fudd gone of the planetside universe.
Where did it go??

Man, I couldn't resist.
Old 2004-02-09, 10:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

The MCG isnt suppression fire. It really serves very poorly in that reguard especially when there are much better choices for suppression. What the MCG does allow that is suppression-like, is the ability to start firing even before you turn the corner. Also after you kill one trooper in an enclosed space you can move to the next one and dont have to let up on your trigger
Old 2004-02-09, 10:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Queensidecastle
The MCG isnt suppression fire. It really serves very poorly in that reguard especially when there are much better choices for suppression. What the MCG does allow that is suppression-like, is the ability to start firing even before you turn the corner. Also after you kill one trooper in an enclosed space you can move to the next one and dont have to let up on your trigger
MCG works just fine for suppression fire, course you can't do it whit one guy but no infantry weapon is effectice at supression alone.

Spamming the tower spawn stairway is a tactic that we (TR werner) use quite often. Works like a charm, loads of lead flying down those stairs then and cutting most down.
Old 2004-02-09, 11:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by SpunkJackel
Where did it go??

Man, I couldn't resist.

Doh!

(*sneaks back and fixes typo)
Old 2004-02-09, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Tried HA, didn't like it. Once you get the feal for the gauss, its a real beast, but the pulsar is great for those mixed infantry/MAX encounters. When I don't have to wory about weapons lock too much though, you'll have to pry my thumper from my cold dead hands.

The NC would benifit from fewer JH users. Maybe they'll pick up unimax and tear those reavers a new one? I always preffered the Scattercannon's versital choaks anyways.

Last edited by SandTrout; 2004-02-09 at 11:59 AM.
Old 2004-02-09, 11:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Tannim
Private

I'm an NC that loves the AV. I'm drooling over the ammo change. no longer 10 shots and reload. Now It's 28 shots!! $$
Old 2004-02-09, 12:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Spee
Colonel

I hate HA with a passion - The only reason I have it certed is that I can be effective in the right situations ( Lasher > Pulsar in CQB).

Im uncerting mufin man from being a support bitch to being a killing machine. I had 13 certs invested in support (WTF?!) Engy, Adv Med, Adv Hack.

Now, Im adv Hack, HA, Unimax. When I level up, Im going to use the certs I got from adv hacking for rexo, and then the certs from hacking for AV. Vanu will pwn.

Also, Ive been seeing a LOT more lancers lately. Good to see
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion