Higby on XP Changes - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Vanu: Vipers are not ugly
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-30, 08:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

Higby on XP Changes

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-01-30, 08:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Death2All
Major

Misc Info
Re: Higby on XP Changes

I don't even play PS2 and I know that lowering the XP/slowing cert gains isn't going to stop people from spawn camping.

They aren't even addressing the real issue. It's just typical SOE logic to dodge to problem and implement something that doesn't solve the issue at all.

PS: Spawn camping will always exist in games, get used to it.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2013-01-30, 08:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Rat
First Sergeant

spawn camping will still happen to stop defenders...but there should be less camping just to farm easy xp...we should see a quick spawn camp and a base flip...no more point in avoiding flipping the facility just farm spawning troops..
Old 2013-01-30, 09:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hamma
PSU Admin

Honesty spawn camping is an inevitable thing, at least it won't be as profitable.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-01-30, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Deadeye
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rat View Post
spawn camping will still happen to stop defenders...but there should be less camping just to farm easy xp...we should see a quick spawn camp and a base flip...no more point in avoiding flipping the facility just farm spawning troops..
We have long spawn camps because of the time it takes to take a base once the points are taken and the enemy is pushed back into their spawns not because we camp them for fun. Even once a battle is decided, say in a Biolab, it still takes several minutes of having to guard the damn spawn building while the base flips over.

If people camp AMS sunderers because they get points for it, that has been taken care of by the short invulnerability timers and low XP for newly spawned people that will make it more worthwhile to kill the sunderer than camp it but I and everyone else are still going to camp base spawns until either we can enter them and wipe out the tubes like we did in Planetside 1 or they impliment some sort of speed up so that if there doesn't look like anyone is going to retake the cap points, the progress bar moves faster to end the battle sooner.
Old 2013-01-30, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
OCNSethy
Major

Agreed - Camping will still continue as a suppression tactic.

However, it is good to see that at least one factor is being addressed in the feeding frenzy that is spawn camping.
Old 2013-01-30, 10:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
MercDT
Sergeant

Knock it off?

How about adding a way to stop defenders from spawning when the battle is long overdue?
Old 2013-01-30, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Crator
Major General

XP changes sound like the right thing to do.

Good luck on getting people to knock off spawn camping though. If there's no SCU at the location it's going to happen. It's an objective to taking a location and should be treated as such. It's not something that should be discouraged by the game, it should be made difficult to spawn camp, to provide a sense of accomplishment in taking a location...
Old 2013-01-31, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
SeraphC
Sergeant

Originally Posted by MercDT View Post
How about adding a way to stop defenders from spawning when the battle is long overdue?
I remember them promising they would. At least for the spawns in bases.

I don't think the major point to dynamic exp is to stop spawn camping. They want to give you exp that better represents your achievements.
Old 2013-01-31, 12:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Rolfski
Major

A tad faster XP gaining is welcome imo. It makes acquiring upgrades and weapons feel less like a grindfest for the average, casual players that (initially) don't want to spend money on the game which is smart.
Old 2013-01-31, 02:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
JesNC
Master Sergeant

There's a difference between spawn camping to keep the defenders in check, and spawn camping for profit. One's necessary and totally legit, the other one's just lame.

I'm glad they're changing the 'for profit' part.
Old 2013-01-31, 03:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

Yeah, I don't get the negativity on this either. Even if spawn camping continues 100% (which will be hard, considering the XP changes are coming in at the same time as spawn room changes), it's still a good change. If people are going to spawn camp, the least we can do is not reward them massive XP for it.
Old 2013-01-31, 03:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by ShadetheDruid View Post
Yeah, I don't get the negativity on this either. Even if spawn camping continues 100% (which will be hard, considering the XP changes are coming in at the same time as spawn room changes), it's still a good change. If people are going to spawn camp, the least we can do is not reward them massive XP for it.
QFT

I agree that larger changes to bases and base-capture mechanics are probably required to remove spawn camping completely, but this change certainly doesn't hurt.

Old 2013-01-31, 04:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
PredatorFour
Major

You can't just tell people to stop doing something in a game, chances are, they'll do it even more as this is the internet after all.

Things like better base design and countless shouts from the community during beta might of helped the issue more.
Old 2013-01-31, 05:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

A welcome change, I have no negative feedback on the subject as I think camping spawns for XP is unnecessary, but camping spawns in order to prevent defenders resecuring a point is valid and not lame.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion