Does a Magrider actually shoot? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Yes... it's that important!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-25, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Slab
Corporal

Does a Magrider actually shoot?

Because I haven't seen it.

All I see is some guy getting in that tank and just using it as a lawnmower 24/7 be it when I'm NC/TR/Vanu.

Clearly, it's the best tank to run people over because it's almost silent and can strafe in case you miss someone.

Do people from all sides find this to be a problem or a bonus to all factions?

Also, it seems that the Magrider has double the collision rate of the other heavy tanks (vanguards/prowlers). Not sure if it's true though.

I have been sideswiped by Vanguards and prowlers and was hurt, badly sometimes, but I ALWAYS fear a Magrider since it almost always 1 shots me...no matter if it's a head on collision or a sideswipe.
"Priority is never to kill. Priority #1 is to annoy, annoy, annoy."
Old 2003-06-25, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
RushHourKonried
Private

You mean you haven't seen it pull directly in front of a tower door and blast everbody in front of it????
Old 2003-06-25, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Slab
Corporal

No.

Usually they're so used to ramming people with it that they try to drive the Magrider into the tower.
Old 2003-06-25, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

Probably the reason you haven't seen them shoot is because they killed you so fast you didn't know what happend.

That main gun shoots fast and has some sweet damage. It's really the only tank that can take down aircraft with ease (shots go strait instead of in an arc).

You are probably just not paying attention... 90% of magriders i see have a gunner (i'm vanu so i can see their names inside). Magrider's main gun makes close to the same noise as the driver's rail gun, so you may not have known they had a gunner.

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey

Last edited by Nitsch; 2003-06-25 at 02:50 PM.
Old 2003-06-25, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Slab
Corporal

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm, no.

They just run people over because sometimes they run right by me, back up a tad, strafe, run down the next guy, etc.

The best part of a Magrider is that the driver can shoot but bearly does. They just run everyone over.

They fly through a base at top speed and rinse and repeat. If it blows up, they just buy another one.

How can I NOT know if 1 shot at me? It makes a unique noise AND has a large purple effect?
Old 2003-06-25, 03:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Agathon
Sergeant

<grin>

Hello,

Why should they give away their position by using a loud and colorful weapon when all they need to do is get even remotely close to squash you? hee hee They seem to have twice the foot print of the actual vehicle icon, and I've been run over by a magrider more times than I can remember. Now if one is close to me, I don't even bother trying to dodge. He's going to get me anyway, so I just stop and blast it a few times.

When used as a lawnmower, it is the ultimate no skills player dream come true weapon! Like someone's quote on here, I agree it is the ultimate no skill killing tactic in the game. As an engineer I love putting mines down just to get the occasional magrider kill.

;-)
Old 2003-06-25, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
TerminalChoice
Private

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm your wrong, i see em shoot all the time....

you jsut dont look good enough...
Old 2003-06-25, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Slab
Corporal

Exactly right.

PS: The title is a has a little sarcasm in it. Take a hint. But randomly firing the cannon without aiming doesn't count as "firing."

I was watching a friend play and there were at least 7 magriders just running people over. They only fired the main cannon because the guy riding with the driver had nothing else to do. He didn't actually aim at anything; just randomly firing because he could.

If they see an AMS, they won't actually fire at the AMS, they just keep running in and out of the cloak bubble to run peeps over.

It's effective. Too effiective since I tried it myself and that's all I use it for now as well.

*squish*

Last edited by Slab; 2003-06-25 at 03:09 PM.
Old 2003-06-25, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
SmilingBandit
Private

For thoses of you pointing out that you've seen the mag's shoot, perhaps there was an iota of sarcasm in the origional post.
Old 2003-06-25, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Slab
Corporal

heheheh @ SmilingBandit.
Old 2003-06-25, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

Originally posted by SmilingBandit
For thoses of you pointing out that you've seen the mag's shoot, perhaps there was an iota of sarcasm in the origional post.
Aye, I got baited in... i thought he was trying to have a real discussion, not have a whinefest.

I hate it when i feed the trolls...

DOH! I did it again.

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
Old 2003-06-25, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Slab
Corporal

This isn't a whine, dude.

Perhaps you confused the words "question, complaint, protest" with "whine." I don't blame you because you're conditioned to think that since most of the posts on this board ARE whines.

I was just wondering how the Magrider could be improved so that players don't keep using it to just run people over. Because, admittedly, most of the Magriders do just that.

When playing Vanu, several people TOLD me to do it with mine.

Last edited by Slab; 2003-06-25 at 03:14 PM.
Old 2003-06-25, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: <grin>

Originally posted by Agathon
Why should they give away their position by using a loud and colorful weapon when all they need to do is get even remotely close to squash you? hee hee They seem to have twice the foot print of the actual vehicle icon, and I've been run over by a magrider more times than I can remember. Now if one is close to me, I don't even bother trying to dodge. He's going to get me anyway, so I just stop and blast it a few times.
That's my only problem is the collision detection with the Magrider. I was once run over by a Magrider which was on the other side of a tree, and I was thinking that it might have been just a client/server issue that I wasn't where I thought I was. A few days later I was on top of a hill sniping and a Magrider down below me on the road ran me over. I know that it was him, too, because I was watching him run over 2 TR on the road and saw his name and theirs when he ran them over. He couldn't have been within 50 meters of me, and squashed me like a bug.
Old 2003-06-25, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Slab
Corporal

Agreed.

Something seems to be wrong where the collision detection is 2-3 times bigger then the rest of the other heavy tanks.

If you hide on the other side of a decent sized tree, it still runs you over.

I've been run over when I'm near the window of a bunker and the magrider was just passing by.

Something is wrong with that.
Old 2003-06-25, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Sandman
First Sergeant

I always see mags using their cannons
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion