Outfit logos and base capture - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Picard loves you, everyone else thinks you're an idiot.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-06-02, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
mirwalk
Sergeant

Outfit logos and base capture

I believe they have talked about being able to do a custom logo on your armor for your outfit.
Would be kinda cool if your outfit captures a base, then the flags on the outside of the base show your empire's logo and your outfits.
Old 2012-06-02, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
kunzadar
Corporal

Re: Outfit logos and base capture

This is a great idea. It's not only more fun for the outfit, but it could even have some induence on the zerg as it would be advertisment for more cooperative outfit gameplay.

It would also be great for cross faction outfit rivalries. Imagine attacking a base that was recently taken and you can see that it was taken by the evil (insert empire) (insert outfit name) scum.
Old 2012-06-03, 01:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
proxy
Contributor
Sergeant

I remember asking for this in PS1 beta. For me, it would add a whole new level of involvement.

What better motivation than to see your banner as you defend or watch it change to your insignia when you capture.
Old 2012-06-03, 01:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
proxy
Contributor
Sergeant

Also, GW2 has this, if you're watching SOE.
Old 2012-06-03, 03:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Dagron
Captain

Hell yeah.

Last edited by Dagron; 2012-06-03 at 03:20 AM.
Old 2012-06-03, 03:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Toppopia
Major

It would be cool to see a base/tower and see an outfit's logo. One way to decide who gets displayed would be which outfit scored the most xp while near the area. Or something along those lines.
Old 2012-06-03, 05:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

The issue is how do you decide which outfit captured it? The one with the most players, most kills in the territory, got there first, captured the most control points? However you do it there will be outfits that are annoyed that they did not get the recognition for their work,

Outfit base ownership I would love to see, check out Hayoo's work for how it could have worked in PS1.
Old 2012-06-03, 05:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Toppopia
Major

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
The issue is how do you decide which outfit captured it? The one with the most players, most kills in the territory, got there first, captured the most control points? However you do it there will be outfits that are annoyed that they did not get the recognition for their work,

Outfit base ownership I would love to see, check out Hayoo's work for how it could have worked in PS1.
Whichever outfit gets the most xp, because that would show that they were being the most useful.
Old 2012-06-03, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

Mabey if outfits can select a base as a "home station". However for that to happen bases need to be able to have more than one outfit that list it as a "home station"
Old 2012-06-03, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Dima
Private

That sounds like really good idea small things like that really add to the big picture...
Only thing that kind of sucks about it is that zergy outfits will most likely get the their banner even if the ones who actually contributed the most were the small outfit that disrupted the enemy defenses and allowed the zerg to rush in, that might discourage cross outfit cooperation since only one gets recognition...

It might be fixed though I don't have any really good ideas
Old 2012-06-03, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
Whichever outfit gets the most xp, because that would show that they were being the most useful.
Most xp per player* Can't let those 666th and other zergfits get a free pass.
Old 2012-06-03, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
mirwalk
Sergeant

Well you could sit a farm to get the most XP. Might want it to be the outfit that got the most captures of the control points. Or maybe longest time held so they just don't let the capture points go back and forth.
Old 2012-06-03, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

However it's decided then Larger outfits will always have the advantage.

But is that a bad thing?

Smaller groups can tackle smaller objectives.
Old 2012-06-09, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
mirwalk
Sergeant

quick single bump for after E3 discussion. Mostly due to the increase in veiwers
Old 2012-06-09, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Wayside
Contributor
Corporal

Wink Re: Outfit logos and base capture

Originally Posted by mirwalk View Post
I believe they have talked about being able to do a custom logo on your armor for your outfit.
Would be kinda cool if your outfit captures a base, then the flags on the outside of the base show your empire's logo and your outfits.
I could have sworn Higby had spoken about something like this at some point. I might have dreamed it though. >_>

At any rate, I dig the idea. The trick is that once you've captured a base, its a waste not to defend it. And how much hope does a single outfit have of stopping the collective push of an entire army? Not much, obviously your side would be helping you. But then who defended it? Your outfit? Your side? Why give just your outfit the bragging rights?

Obviously there are many variables involved, but I suspect what would end up happening is that you'd see outfits "claim" a tower, or base, and then a couple hours later (if not minutes) an opposing army would steam roll it. Total time of ownership: 1 hour 26 minutes.

Is that worth it? Dunno. But again, I expect this sort of achievement would be short lived on the front lines. And if you claim a base deep within your side's territory...what bragging rights do you truly have? You hoist your flag on a super-safe, no-enemies-for-miles-around base? /golfclap?

Dig the idea at its root. EASILY one of the best ideas for inspiring outfit pride and unity that pops up on these forums with regularity. That said, I think it would represent a large investment on the developers part to convert it into something that is practical, meaningful, and rewarding.

Last edited by Wayside; 2012-06-09 at 01:00 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault