New updates, Tuesday, May 6th - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Premium internet pimping service!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-05-06, 08:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
�io
Lieutenant General

New updates, Tuesday, May 6th

Tuesday, May 6th

1) Lowered the autorepair NTU consumption for equipment terminals, vehicle terminals, certification terminals and Phalanx turrets. (Bases were being stripped of power too quickly.)

2) When you adjust your volume sliders, sound samples play to give you feedback on the sound level.

3) HUD window positions should save properly now.

4) Cancelling the Options screens will now discard all changes since the last save.

5) We think we fixed the "Bolt Driver kills people inside vehicles" bug. We'll watch to ensure it's gone.

6) Generators are now like armored vehicles and small arms won't do much against them.

7) The Mosquito's explosion damage was accidentally set very low. This has been corrected and "last minute bails" may not save you any longer if you bail just before impact. (The damage from the vehicle explosion may take you out in that case.)

8) Medical terminal healing rate has been slowed down somewhat to help prevent defensive "turtling" around med terminals. They're still useful for healing when a medic isn't around, but are no longer an "instant heal".

9) Air vehicles can now descend at the same rate they can ascend. This makes landing easier and allows some more rapid maneuvering in dogfights. It's not a huge change, but will improve handling.

10) Air vehicles now take more damage from collisions when colliding with terrain, objects, and soldiers.

11) Fixed a zone crash in the respawning code.

12) Fixed a zone crash that occurred if you got killed while mounting a wall turret or implant terminal.

13) Bullets and beams (AP bullets) are a bit more useful against Reavers now. This should allow you to fight back against them a bit better. This is a fairly subtle change in balance. We'll watch this and judge whether there should be further change.

14) Fixed a bug in the respawning system that was preventing the "10-minute sliding window" from functioning correctly, thus resulting in penalty respawn times that were not earned. This is fixed and the system is working properly now. You should get far fewer "penalty" times added to your respawning now.

15) Prevented Revives from counting as deaths for the purposes of the respawn timer penalties.
Old 2003-05-06, 08:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
r3d
Banned

Thankoo Dio
Old 2003-05-06, 08:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
�io
Lieutenant General

Also might just be a bug but i just logged on to make sure servers are down and there were 4 servers. Dalton(West), Emerald(East), Johari(West) and Markov(West).
Old 2003-05-06, 08:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

Anybody else that had been playing Markov planning on moving to Emerald after the character wipe?
Old 2003-05-06, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

Re: New updates, Tuesday, May 6th

Originally posted by �io
Tuesday, May 6th
10) Air vehicles now take more damage from collisions when colliding with terrain, objects, and soldiers.
Damn there goes my favorite thing of running over snipers on top of hills with my skeeter.

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
Old 2003-05-06, 09:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Tieom
Master Sergeant

Re: New updates, Tuesday, May 6th

Originally posted by �io

15) Prevented Revives from counting as deaths for the purposes of the respawn timer penalties.
Eh? EH? What's this? Are respawn times scaled against something now? How long you've been alive, or how many times you've died in the past (unit of time)? Good, good, anti-zerg things are being implemented...
Old 2003-05-06, 09:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

Originally posted by LesserShade
Anybody else that had been playing Markov planning on moving to Emerald after the character wipe?
You killed my unstealthiness once on Markov, and I'll be playing mostly on Emerald. I am NC on Markov but haven't been there lately because I'm also playing VS on Dalton and most recently have been spending kickass Republic time on Johari.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion