Game Qs - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because you suck at life.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-14, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
glsauron
Sergeant

Game Qs

2 questions
1: On the maps released of the continets several of them show the AMP station as having a bigger SOI. This has been released. Yet on some pics the OTHER SOIs are bigger (same size as AMP) for that empire, and some they are smaller, normal size. Which is it?

2: Binding. Can you hack a tower (say inside a cont lock) and then having people bind to it and then suicide (hence respawn) inside that tower?...Can you bind to a tube on a dif continent?
Old 2003-04-14, 09:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Prowler
PSU Realdoll

Good Qs
Old 2003-04-14, 09:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Originally posted by Prowler
Good Qs
Ditto
Old 2003-04-14, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
zenthor
Private

i have no clue bump
Old 2003-04-14, 10:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Come on. One of you smart beta people have got to have an answer for nice questions such as these.
Old 2003-04-14, 10:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
JonnyK
Major

about first one, there's a building where when your empire controls it, it expands all of your soi's making them bigger than they normally would be, that could be what that's from
Old 2003-04-14, 10:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Euroclydon
Sergeant

I'm not in beta, but from what I read on the AVault preview, the AMP increases your SOI. Check those maps, and see if the bases other than the AMP with a big SOI were owned by the empire that had the AMP station. The bases that didn't have a big SOI should then be owned by the empires that don't have the AMP base.

As far as the second one, I think you have to actually go to a tower/respawn point to be able to spawn there, and that probably gets wiped out every time the base/tower is capped by someone else. I could speculate further on this, but since it's just speculation, I'm probably wasting my time, since you don't care what I say since I'm not in beta.

(aka Daedalus - Jumpgate/Neocron)
Old 2003-04-14, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
glsauron
Sergeant

JonnyK- The building you speak of is the AMP station. Yes the empire does have one on that continent, the question was why does it seem to effect the other SOIs haphazardly? Sometimes it does sometimes they look normal sized...
Old 2003-04-15, 07:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
LLMerc
Private

1:

The Amp station grants it SOI increase only when controlled by the empire. Thus, if it is hacked (look for the two flags icon) it would not grant the SOI increase to other bases (it's SOI would still be large) Thus it is possible that Amp station was hacked at the time the screenshot was taken.

2:
In order to bind to a tower/ams/station you must go to a matrix panel within that tower/ams/station (outside the AMS actualy =) So, no you can not use it for transportation.
Old 2003-04-15, 08:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Pilgrim
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Amp Station as stated by everyone else.

As to the other,

I've never seen a Matrix panel in a tower or at an AMS before, What would have to happen is HART drop in, take a tower, then if you die close enough to the SOI of that tower, respawn there.

Of course once a continent is in lock there is no reason for the people who locked it to stay, so taking a tower in this fashion is simple... Thus still making Continent lock useless!

But I digress.
Old 2003-04-15, 09:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
LLMerc
Private

The AMS has a matrix panel. However, you are right, I have never seen one in a tower, hmmm
Old 2003-04-15, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

Aren't there matrix panels attached to the actual spawn tubes in the towers?
Old 2003-04-15, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
GGMajic
Private

Surely you can only respawn in a tower that you own. If the opposing team caps the tower- you can't..?

plus, they've changed the continent lock to not allow HART entry, only through warpgates. So although you could take a tower near a gate, it would be hard to hold since the enemy knows exactly where you are and can concentrate in the vicinity.
Old 2003-04-15, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Shoddy
Private

Mosquito goes pretty fast... it doesn't take long to run down to the middle of a locked continent and take a tower there. No, I don't think you can spawn at a facility if you don't own it (except for logging back in after you quit there) even if you were matrixed there.
Old 2003-04-15, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
glsauron
Sergeant

So for a locked continent you can use warpgates (and hence vehicles) but not HARTs? Doesn't that make CL useless? The point was you had to take a base no vehicles and then defend it with what you could spawn. This SUCKS! Course, Im not beta

A single gate is the size of a normal SOI right? That makes them rather big areas to surround...especially with 3-4 per continent...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion