/t /tell bug? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: you'll need a seatbelt for your computer chair.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-01, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

/t /tell bug?

Anyone experiencing a bug where /t /tell commands simply fail with no failure indications?

I have a character on Emerald that can /s /l /p /b but not /t. WTF? The only thing I can think of is that this character is new and is using a name that was just recently cleared from the database a few weeks back when they cleaned out old accounts. Other than that there is nothing unusual about this VS character.
Old 2004-02-01, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
BigFreak
Sergeant Major

Yup, I got this. Very confused when /who found em, /tell got nothing, and /invite invited em. Couldn't figure it out, heh.
Old 2004-02-01, 04:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
VashTheStamped
Major

Misc Info

happened to me too = /
Old 2004-02-01, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Visor
Sergeant

I expirienced the exact opposite I was able to /t thebestloser (TR) but I couldnt /who him to find out what empire he was before talking to him.
Old 2004-02-01, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
gonnagetyou
First Lieutenant

I've got the /t bug myself. It's been driving me crazy. One day I couldn't /t anyone and then another day I could only /t friendlies.
Old 2004-02-02, 12:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Here is the response to the /appeal I did in the game today:

CS Agent: Greetings, thank you for contacting PlanetSide Customer Support. I am CSR-ChrisL, and I will be happy to assist you with your request for assistance.

I am sorry to hear that you have been effected by this bug. I am happy to report we do have a workaround for this issue. We will need you to log to an alternate character and respond to this appeal. While your affected character is offline we will be able to correct this issue.

Please feel free to reply at your convenience by adding a comment to this request. If you have any further questions, please include them in your reply. If you no longer need assistance, please select the ticket and click on "Cancel Request". Thank you!

Sincerely,

CSR-CrhisL
Sony Online Entertainment
CSR-PlanetSide

I think that about says it all. It is a known bug that has a fix. To get the fix you need to /appeal and be offline with the affected character to have it put in place.
Old 2004-02-02, 12:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
MidnightDave
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Well now, im gonna have to try that, the /tell bug is starting to make me mad so I guess ill be /appealing the second I get ingame
Old 2004-02-02, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Interesting, I'll have to appeal it as well. I was just waiting for an overall fix. Let me know if that fixes your friends list as well, I can't add anybody to mine.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion