Improvement: Outfit/Player Battle Timeline - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's not the size, it's how you use it!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-06-24, 09:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
vampyro
Corporal

Outfit/Player Battle Timeline

I think something cool to add for outfits would be a timeline of every major victorious battle they were apart of. Just a simple feature to enter date/time and description of the battle (this can be done by someone from the outfit), and a feature where the outfit can link videos/pics of the battle. Also, make it accessible on the mobile app.
Old 2012-06-24, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Knotz
Sergeant

Re: Outfit/Player Battle Timeline

It would have to be controlled by the outfit leaders, the server wont be able to judge with any degree of accuracy whether that Outfit was in an organised battle or if a few of them happened to be fighting whilst no missions were going on.
Old 2012-06-26, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Dacrim
Corporal

Re: Outfit/Player Battle Timeline

well the app seems pretty advanced as far as how many stats are shown. Remember how in PS1 bases could enter code yellow or code red when a base was in danger? Maybe this can be used to mark the time a battle begins and the time the base is capped or defended can be used as the time the battle ends.

All stats between that time period for players associated with the outfit could be linked to a certain branch in the outfit timeline.

Visualize a timeline with branches coming off of it at certain times and dates. you click a certain branch and you see how well each outfit member did in that battle. k/d, Kpm, etc. (of course release of this info is up to the individual players according to higby tho)
Too prevent the time line from recording every insignificant battle at least 15 outfit members should be present during the battle so it will count as a battle that your outfit collectively took place in.

Your idea sounds good but i Just some ideas i had to make this even better that i felt i needed to share

edit: hmm my idea is kinda different than yours. maybe i should make a different thread for my idea?

Last edited by Dacrim; 2012-06-26 at 11:23 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault