Battle Islands *OFFICIAL THREAD* - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Why wont my gold bullets work on this beamer?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-08-03, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Look on the bright side, all the zerglings will head for the battle islands leaving the rest of use to fight properly

The story line hasn't been explained yet because the battle islands are only on test, makes sense to add the storyline when they go live.

They have to remove a continent to provide the resources for the battle islands, iirc each battle island can hold the same amount of people as a full sized continent, so given their proximity they probably HAD to remove a continent to make it work.

Galaxy or a planet, there's no difference. You still just go through a warpgate to get to another continent. It actually opens up the idea of water combat because they might be able to add a continent/planet later on which is covered in water. If we end up with a space expansion, well it has been something that people have wanted for a while, even if you haven't.
Old 2004-08-03, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Ivan
Contributor
teh Sexb0t

Yeah, if anything at all this just gives them more room to expand the game what ever way they want.
Violated by ChiaHamma
Old 2004-08-03, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Lartnev
It actually opens up the idea of water combat because they might be able to add a continent/planet later on which is covered in water.
So in other words it's possibly going to be like an even lamer version of Core Combat? Instead of few people using it anywhere, you can only use it on one continent?

Lame.
Old 2004-08-03, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
juggalokilla
Sergeant

on the idea of being locked out, didnt you notice we have 1 home continent now? each sanc has a single hard link and 2 broadcast warpgates so the end of lockouts is near. i saw an nme using the bug though, we rammed him with planes to kill him. funny stuff to see a broadcast of nme in m-15 of sanctuary. i wonder if they maybe put that in for new tactics. maybe like only combat would be bumper cars because of weapons locks, that would be sweet!
Everyone would cert loadstars!
Old 2004-08-03, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Yerster
Contributor
Corporal

we still have game problems and the imbalance factor of empire-hopping XP whores
3 cheers for the bandwagon!!!
Old 2004-08-03, 08:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Couple of points:

1. Hurray for the return of home continents, gives defense a new meaning.
2. If you fly too high on the battle islands, your instantly killed (not returned to flight level automatically) - could be a bug.
3. If you warp into the battle islands, you don't always end up in the warp bubble. I actually ended up outside the warp bubble on several occasions.
4. The most direct link for the NC to gain access to the Oshur cluster, is through Desolation (the island with all the tech plants) while TR and VS gain links through Extinction & Ascension.
5. Base benefits pass through the oshur cluster warpgates (if you own tech on Desolation, then you get tech benefits on your linked bases on Extinction and Ascension.
6. There won't be much fighting on these islands (Oshur Cluster) if one empire has already capped it. You will most likely be fighting to keep your home continent and/or your first tier bases (connected to your home continent).
7. Every home continent links to 3 other continents. 2 of those links are to continents that share a home continent link with the other empires. Only 1 link is to a second tier base (which is also the continent that links to the Oshur Cluster). This point is probably way confusing, you really have to study the star map. I'll try to paint a simplified picture later.
8. The circles around certain planets on your map, mean you own that continent (capitol) so you can broadcast warp through it.
9. The only way for the NC to get to Nexus, is by going through the TR or VS (assuming each fights their way directly to the Oshur Cluster), however if TR and VS fight over Nexus, it gives the NC a chance to hit them from their flanks. (alternatively, it allows the TR and VS to double team the NC).

There were a lot of other notes I made, but will don't have them in front of me. Interestingly enough, during todays playtest, the CSRs disabled the outside warp gates, so the only way onto the Oshur Cluster was through the hart. Guess they feared bringing tanks and reavers from sanc and not fighting over desolation.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-08-03, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

KIA, did you /bug and /report those?
Old 2004-08-03, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Oh please. /bug and /appeal do nothing but get a canned form-letter response from the CSR Flavor of the Day.
Old 2004-08-03, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

Might as well... I mean, that is the point of the playtest, to discover the bugs, and how are the devs going to find out about the bugs if you don't even try to tell them?
Old 2004-08-03, 09:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
MattxMosh
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Aratsu
No, everybody saw it last night. They were calling it `spaceships'. They're on Ishundar on the test server at M-12 and K-15
It looked like a bizzare unfinished rock formation, not a glitch.

People were slapping motion senseros on it, and bailing out of ships/landing to get on top of it.
Old 2004-08-03, 10:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Meursault00
Staff Sergeant

Personally, I think the devs rushed the battle islands into the Test server. They didn't want to disappoint us, they didn't want their name tarnished by not keeping their word. I wouldn't be surprised if their initial tests had the same bugs or problems.

Perhaps that spaceship is a way to reintroduce the Vanu
Old 2004-08-03, 11:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

I just thought of something. What's going to happen to the people who log out on Oshur the day before the Battle Island patch goes live?
Old 2004-08-03, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

on test serv, they do in fact show up on the old oshur, as it's still there, but on live, they'll get the "you've been relocated to your sanctuary" bit
Old 2004-08-04, 06:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Erm Meursault, it's the test server so it doesn't matter whether it was rushed on or not tbh.
Old 2004-08-04, 09:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Gohan
www.gogamer.com

Dont buy ps from ebay. It will be used and no good.
Thanks for the link. I've seen a bunch on Ebay that were brand new, but they go for at least this much anyhow. May as well buy from here.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion