De-Sync / Lag / Hit reg. / whatever you want to call it. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: home of PSU, stupid...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-02, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
PredatorFour
Major

Re: De-Sync / Lag / Hit reg. / whatever you want to call it.

Happened to me a couple of times recently. I'd be on a decent killstreak in scythe and then my weapons would just stop doing damage and i'd have to log. I recall one moment where i shot a cloaker with 14 pods then a clip of hailstorm and he just carried on running around lol.
Old 2013-03-02, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Assist
Contributor
Major

It sounds like most people have this after about two hours of play. I've timed the last three ones to the minute(16, 19, 17) and it's very consistent when it starts.
It really sucks, first time in over a month I've had almost 2 days in a row I could get some good playtime in. Sucks even more wasting my boost because the game is unplayable, wonder if they'd comp me one?
Old 2013-03-02, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
PurpleOtter
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
It sounds like most people have this after about two hours of play. I've timed the last three ones to the minute(16, 19, 17) and it's very consistent when it starts.
It really sucks, first time in over a month I've had almost 2 days in a row I could get some good playtime in. Sucks even more wasting my boost because the game is unplayable, wonder if they'd comp me one?
This sounds like a memory leak....
Old 2013-03-03, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
PTG HooT
Corporal

I started a thread moaning about this - I see I'm not the only one. I'll stop commenting in there.

I've had this for several days since the merge, however Woodman wasn't merged it seems to have coincided with this event.

Glad to see I'm not the only one - however until this is fixed I CBA playing PS2.

Relogging every 10minutes is ridiculous.
Old 2013-03-03, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
WNxPlatinum
Private

Assist,

Same here no issues before the merger/update and now after 10 to 15 minutes of play I deal no damage at all, then the longer I play the worse things get, warping etc. I also noticed several times that before I stop doing damamge I will register a kill but will see the person I shot move for a brief second before they drop dead.

Opened a ticket with SOE and they confirmed a Bug and that it is "a high priority" but who knows how long it will take to fix..
Old 2013-03-03, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
PTG HooT
Corporal

lol - they have to make 26 more helmets before the bug will get fixed
Old 2013-03-03, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
RobUK
Corporal

I had this quite a bit yesterday. I even managed to convince myself for a while that the dev's had steathily added in the vehicle splash vs infantry changes this weekend instead of with GU4. So many of my prowler shots literally did no damage at all.

It seems to be happening from time to time today as well, but nowhere near as bad as yesterday.
Old 2013-03-03, 08:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
camycamera
Major

it hasn't happened to me.... yet....
Old 2013-03-03, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
typhaon
Sergeant Major

Background:

Pre-patch --- I had a few issues... almost 100% of the time with MAX units, where either AI or AA rounds would seem to miss/fail to register a hit - when visually, a miss was impossible (in the case of the AA, I'd even see explosions on the aircraft).

Most of the time this problem would just correct itself, often within the same magazine of ammo... sometimes I'd just go ahead (usually with the AA issue) and see it as a good time to restart the game for a performance boost.

Warping issues were very rare... and always seemed to be just some random guy that was having connection issues.

Post-patch --- PS2 is virtually unplayable. 90% of my logins result in massive and universal warping after a few minutes of play, if not almost immediately. Oddly, from time to time I am able to login and play with no problems.

I know it's probably just my turn to be 'that' guy... after almost always being the guy that wondered what all the fuss was about -- I have a pretty high-end machine and have basically had very few problems... dating all the way back to the tech test, even!

But... from my perspective... PS2 has never been worse. I can't play and I'm kind of ticked off having basically lost a boost I purchased right before the patch.

My gut tells me this is the result of some kind of "optimization" effort...
Old 2013-03-03, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Sirisian
Colonel

This happened with the last patch. I played the other day and after maybe an hour I couldn't do damage to anyone. It wouldn't let me detonate C4 even though I could place it down on objects. Very odd. I snuck behind a guy and unloaded a whole magazine with no hits then ran away before he realized it. Logging out and logging back in fixed it for me.
Old 2013-03-04, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by typhaon View Post
My gut tells me this is the result of some kind of "optimization" effort...
Yeah I think so. Another 'optimization' that hasn't helped my realtively high-end PC and instead made the game unplayable :\

Going to send in a ticket today to support to see if I can somehow get comp'd the time on my boost that's being wasted.
Hoping when I login today the issue is fixed, but I've seen nothing about it so far. Seems that the CSR's know about it but the dev's aren't commenting even though quite a few are having the problem.
Old 2013-03-04, 02:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
PTG HooT
Corporal

Several of my outfit buddies have complained about this today and a few have decided to not play until it gets fixed.

I don't blame them to be honest. I had another bout of it today - and stabbing someone then dropping 50 Heavy assault rounds into someone from under a metre away only to get nothing but another death to my name coz of this is really galling..
Old 2013-03-04, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
typhaon
Sergeant Major

It's the worst problem I've encountered, including TechTest.

I was able to get in and play for about an hour earlier... til I was ready to log out.

The interesting thing - shutting down the game and restarting doesn't appear to be part of my problem.

After a few failed (immediate warping after logging in) attempts to play, I logged in... got warping.... logged out, but didn't shutdown game... logged in with testchar on same server... game worked fine... I logged out... again without shutting down the game... logged back in with my main char and was able to play fine.

It's disappointing to be getting no feedback from SOE.
Old 2013-03-04, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

this has been a problem since beta,i have personally posted 2 threads about this issues. there are videos from beta with people having these same problems . deteriorating hit reg has been happening for along time,its just happening to more people now.

WELCOME TO MY WORLD............

time to address this very old problem.
Old 2013-03-04, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
luvthesnapper
Private

Most of the day saturday, my engie ammo containers weren't dealing ammo to anyone, including myself. I don't know if this is related or not, but it just started. Logging off didn't help either.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion