What can get you banned - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Whats an FAQ?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2011-07-25, 09:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Re: What can get you banned

Originally Posted by CaineDeSoulis View Post
Hello,

The Rules and Policies can be read at https://help.station.sony.com/app/an...ail/a_id/16218. Again, we're not going to disclose exactly what you did to violate policy, except to say that you were found hacking. And yes, you can publicly post this entire correspondence if you chose to.

Regards,

Senior GM Chrol

Anyway I'm going to make a post with the entire Correspondents.
Let me put it to you this way from an insider point of view - MMO/online gaming companies don't just go around punishing subscribers. Subscribers pay money. Money goes into company coffers. A ban is the absolute LAST thing a company wants to do, because it kills off a small part of their revenue. Yeah it's fifteen/nineteen bucks a month, but that's fifteen/nineteen bucks they don't have.

Consequently, investigations for hacking typically require concrete proof - I wasn't an SOE CSR, but I imagine it's the same general standard. Let's presume it was, for the sake of argument. Most likely someone reported you - I don't imagine SOE has the time or manpower to constantly police in-game, unless they have a piece of code or software program that notifies someone of suspicious game activity. Regardless, a CSR would have then physically observed you in-game for upwards of five minutes, constantly tracking your game data. Hack logs would have been pulled from the server. A subject-matter expert would have gone over those logs to verify that you were hacking and not just suffering from a high ping or lag. Many hacking programs (not all) will leave blatant footprints that scream "THIRD PARTY PROGRAM!"

So I'm going to have to say this: HAHA YOU GOT BANNED, CHEATER.

EDIT: nevermind, apparently you only got suspended. See what I mean?

Last edited by Firefly; 2011-07-25 at 09:16 AM. Reason: change in circumstance per another thread
Old 2011-07-25, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Tigersmith
Major

Misc Info

To be honest. Right not nothing unless alot of players report you. Its a shame. There are no CSRs on Ever anymore..

Seems like we can do whatever we want! haha kidding.

Last edited by Tigersmith; 2011-07-25 at 09:53 AM.
Old 2011-07-25, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Tigersmith View Post
Right not nothing unless alot of players report you. Its a shame. There are no CSRs on Ever anymore..
Depending on company policy, a lot of GMs/CSRs rely on player reports. I dunno about SOE, but my time at Bioware-Mythic's CS meant I did not police in-game - we had other things to worry about. And with SOE's Reduction-in-Force I imagine they're adopting a similar approach - which means you need to actively /report and then /appeal. They're on, they just don't run around screaming in global - I usually get a fairly prompt reply when I report/appeal.
Old 2011-07-25, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

I personally, do NOT trust SOE to do anything right when it comes to cheaters. I recorded Jpm0nroe hacking on his alternate character (blatantly mind you) appealed him, waited a full week before making the video public.

Not only did they not ban him, they let him rename (which is now Billbates40).

Even more of a reason to not to trust SOE, Brewko permanently banned Kazzo for the BR32 bug, AFTER a GM told him it was fine to keep playing when he asked if he should switch characters. Took 3 weeks for us to finally get Raijin to look into it and determine Kazzo hadn't actually done anything wrong.

SOE's hacker detection system is unreliable and the GM's who don't even play planetside don't know what to look for to determine someone is cheating outside of something extremely obvious (Teleport, dual-core/speed hacking and things along those lines).

Now I'm not saying what's his face up above is innocent, but I'm not willing to condemn him either.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex

Last edited by Effective; 2011-07-25 at 12:14 PM.
Old 2011-07-25, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
CaineDeSoulis
Private

In reply to you guys saying I was hacking that is your opinion and I respect that but it is simply not true. Furthermore if i was hacking I wouldn't have spent literal days and money in order to rectify a problem. Again I'm only asking for what is right to be done.
Old 2011-07-26, 01:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
razor851
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Racism is stupid?

A company allowing you to be racist on their forums tends to drive away.. paying customers.
Don't worry, it was only against Chinese people.

Join the PlanetSide Steam Group!
Old 2011-07-26, 04:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Sir B Smythe
Corporal

Crikey even when members of my ex outfit were outed as hackers on the Sony Planetside Forums and admitted it, not one of them were banned and they continue to play Planetside now. Guess you were unlucky feller
Old 2011-07-26, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Dov
Private

I understand you don't want to be "wronged," but pick your battles... this is 8-9 days of playing a video game your talking about.

If my credit company says they don't receive a payment and charge me unnecessary late fees that's one thing. But if I get short changed a buck at the movie theater I don't sweat it. Think of SOE giving you the gift of taking a short break from the online-world... a lot of gyms have free trial memberships for 8-9 days.

just my two cents. hope it get resolved for you tho -- catch ya ingame!
Old 2011-07-26, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
CaineDeSoulis
Private

meh I'm pretty much home-bound disabled ive got alot of time to fight the good fight lol XD
Old 2011-07-27, 05:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

You're not fighting the good fight. You're fighting a fucking retarded fight that SOE won by A) suspending you for questionable game activity and B) being gracious enough to rescind in spite of ample evidence suggesting that you were hacking/exploiting.

Last edited by Firefly; 2011-07-27 at 05:40 PM.
Old 2011-07-27, 05:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Bags
Lieutenant General

Well, for one thing hacking certainly does NOT get you banned.
Old 2011-08-09, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
NoXousX
Corporal

I don't know if any of you know who k0rg is. He's a TR player in my outfit, and he was banned for "tripping the cheat detection." He was banned after he killed 5-6 straight down a tower with his MCG. The problem was the people he killed got all butthurt because they were outplayed so bad, and they all reported him for hacking.

It took a while for him to get his account straight again, and he was basically called a liar and told PS cheat detection doesn't make mistakes. The funny/sad thing is he had been running the same PS install for years, been a constant subscriber, a clean player that follows PS "ethics" and overall a beneficial person in the community.

My theory when it comes to cheat detection is there are a lot of false positives, but they don't act on them unless the player is appealed as well. I'm sure a lot of you remember when massive amounts of innocent players were banned for cheating due to PS's poorly implement cheat detection. I remember a few players were banned because they killed a ghosted player and it came across as some sort of teleport hack. Luckily many of them were unbanned when a few of us went on the forums and described the problem directly with screenshots and examples. I still don't shoot at ghosted players for fear of being appealed for hacking, and then being banned as a result.
Old 2011-08-09, 06:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Quovatis
PSU Staff
Wiki Ninja

I got banned once because the stupid CSR banned my account instead of the guy I appealed for hacking. I got a nice apology, a merit, and a free month out of it, so I forgive them.
Old 2011-08-09, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

CSR-DanB gave me an official warning for 'mowing down 'random NC Retard' repeatedly' saying it was harassment.

I told him the idiot kept running in front of my tank and my brakes were taking the day off.

The warning till stands afaik.

Old 2011-08-09, 08:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Lol Sobekeus. I have ran over likely thousands of NC players with my Van and never once go a warning. Odd.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion