What is agility armor? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Celine Dion should just go away.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-01-16, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Kyonye
Contributor
General

What is agility armor?

whats the point of agility armor? whats its special abilities? tell me everything you know please.

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
Old 2003-01-16, 07:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Pilot armor.
Old 2003-01-16, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sputty
Banned

It's a decent upgrade to the standard armor.
Old 2003-01-16, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Camping Carl
Major

no armor(default) = standard
light armor = agile exosuit
medium armor = reinforced exosuit
heavy armor = max suit
stealth armor = stealth suit

Vanu still suck....
Old 2003-01-16, 07:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

Everyone (but the MAX?) has a knife slot

Everyone has 100 health (for comparison purposes), and 100 stamina.

Stealth suit: Tiny inventory (3x9? unknown), NO armor points at all, 1 pistol slot. Totally cloaked when not moving, more visible as you move faster. No limit on cloaking time.

Standard suit: 6x9 inventory, 25 armor, 1 pistol, 1 rifle slot.

Agile Exosuit: 9x9 inventory (quite decent), 50 armor, 2 pistols, 1 rifle

Reinforced Exosuit: bigger(12x9? unknown) inventory, 100 armor, 2 pistols, 2 rifles.

The MAXes are empire specific. The VS max has at least 650 (possibly 850, it's hard to read the screenshots) armor, a huge inventory (specificis unknown), and cannot use regular equipment. Each empire has 3 MAX varients, with different weapons, one for AA, one for anti-vehicular, and one for anti-personnel. Weep for the poor fools who run into a max designed to take them out.

MAXes also have a "sprint" ability which allows them to travel at around 70kph (I've heard), but greatly limits their turning ability.

There is also an implant called "Surge" that will allow anyone with it to run faster. The heavier your armor, the faster it drains stamina. Surge + MAX = tired soldier.

It's quite possible that armor will alter your movement speed, but nothing has specifically been said about it, save for the MAX armor, which is said to feel "cumbersome".

As Warborn mentioned, the Agile exosuit is the only armor that can pilot all vehicles. It's not known what limits are placed on the other armors, save the MAX. MAXes can't pilot anything, and can only be passengers in the Galaxy (air transport) and Sunderer (full squad APC). Each can hold 2 MAXes. Their "sprint" is designed to compensate for this.

That's about it for armors... oh, one other thing about MAXes... weapons that can lock onto vehicles can also lock onto MAXes. For all intents and purposes, MAXes are vehicles (except you can't fit a tank inside a base).
Old 2003-01-16, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

But what I am wondering is two things:

1) Will reinforced armor be any slower than the Agile exosuit?

2) What vehicles can't the reinforced armor pilot? (specifically, can reinforced armor pilot the mosquito?)

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2003-01-16, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
afex
Contributor
Major

Originally posted by Lexington_Steele

2) What vehicles can't the reinforced armor pilot? (specifically, can reinforced armor pilot the mosquito?)
-duh

-who knows
Old 2003-01-16, 11:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

I strongly doubt it. It doesn't make sense. Yes, ok, in a realism sense it makes sense, but in a game design sense, not really. You might say "well, they'd be faster to compensate for their lack of armor", but the fact of the matter is that they're not suppose to be as effective at combat as Reinforced armor. There shouldn't be anything to compensate for it in the area of fighting. Their compensation for being weaker than Reinforced is that they can pilot things/more things than Reinforced.

I'd be surprised if Reinforced could pilot any aircraft, or even any vehicles at all.
Old 2003-01-16, 11:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Moloch
Master Sergeant

why so surprised if reinforced could pilot things? look at the pics, it is only different in that it has leg armor, slightly thicker armor on the torso, and a bigger helmet. I think of the Agile exo as the scout in T2, the reinforced as the Assault in t2, and the MAX as a bigger juggernaut. Assaults could pilot anything, so can scouts.

Also, the reinforced isn't supposed to be "more combat effective" just it suits a different playing style. Run faster, but take less, or run slower, but take more and carry more. I'll bet it is the same BEPs for agile and reinforced, or only slightly more for reinforced.

Last edited by Moloch; 2003-01-16 at 11:49 PM.
Old 2003-01-17, 12:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
FraBaktos
First Sergeant

I don't remember assault (medium armor) being able to use the little hover bike and shrike
Old 2003-01-17, 12:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
chaos1428
Master Sergeant

If the Reinforced can pilot the Galaxy, and a Lightning, then I will be a happy soldier
Old 2003-01-17, 12:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

why so surprised if reinforced could pilot things?
Think it'd be fun if you were fighting a tank, and just before you take it out, out pops a guy in Reinforced armor with a minigun and whatever else, ready to blow you away?

Also, if Reinforced could pilot anything, there'd be no reason to have Agile armor in the game. It'd be a waste of time modeling and skinning it, because virtually everyone would either stick with no armor if they are just going to pilot, or go straight to Reinforced and be a tank within a tank, so to speak.

look at the pics, it is only different in that it has leg armor, slightly thicker armor on the torso, and a bigger helmet.
The helmets also totally screw with peripheral vision, if you want to get into realism. You could not effectively fly an aircraft using any of the Factions' Reinforced helmets.

Also, the reinforced isn't supposed to be "more combat effective" just it suits a different playing style.
No, it's suppose to be more combat effective. Stuff in PS costs cert points to be able to use. What's the point if forking over your hard-earned cert points if Reinforced armor is ultimately no more combat effective than Agile? Just to let you carry more? Hm, nice, more for them to loot then I suppose. That's definitely worth spending certs on.

I think of the Agile exo as the scout in T2, the reinforced as the Assault in t2, and the MAX as a bigger juggernaut. Assaults could pilot anything, so can scouts.
Tribes was a game of different armor = different playstyles, because armor and whatever else was essentially free. Everyone could access it from the get-go. But this isn't Tribes, and Tribes gameplay doesn't apply to PS. Armor needs to be purchased with cert points, and unless you expect Reinforced armor to be the pack-mule of Planetside, there's going to have to be a clear combat advantage to someone in Reinforced over someone in Agile.

Last edited by Warborn; 2003-01-17 at 12:26 AM.
Old 2003-01-17, 09:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Personally i think that the Reinforced armor will be able to drive "open" vehicles: buggies and maybee AMS. I hope it will be to bulky to use annything else. To big to fit in a cockpit and the inside of a tank.
Old 2003-01-17, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Kalam
Corporal

http://planetside-universe.com/media...d=34&img_id=12

hope they changed this, cause I do not think it would be nice if reinforced could handel a Mosquito
Old 2003-01-17, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Hamma
PSU Admin

Thats an old screenie.

But in all honesty we arent sure what can fit in what.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion