The Cloaker�s Bane - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Look ma, I'm addicted to PlanetSide!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-28, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

There is no doubt about it, cloakers are at a serious disadvantage with all these bugs. It's not really fair that they can't play to their full potential due to some screw ups that SOE seems to be ignoring. SOE needs to get on the ball.

Old 2003-12-28, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
BlackHawk
Staff Sergeant

I've definitely had some strange things happen as an infiltrator. I can't tell you how many times I've made it into an enemy base or tower then stopped moving completely to let several (5-10) enemies pass me by, only to have one run around a corner, stop, and blast me. The way I figure it, it can only be Ash's number 1 or number 6... If I knew it was number 1 and not number 6, it probably wouldn't bother me, as its just a simple bug, and not an exploit.

Last edited by BlackHawk; 2003-12-28 at 03:22 PM.
Old 2003-12-28, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Firefly
I've been playing an infiltrator for months, and I get plenty kills with it and get inside places all the time. I haven't experienced any of this, and each time I die if it isn't an accident or backblast splash damage that I was dumb enough to be caught in, it's a simple learning experience that says "I probably shouldn't have done that."

So yeah, no comment. Enjoy your Jackspammer/warp-surge.
I get plenty of kills and get inside plenty of places as well. I've also experienced every one of these many times. I'm not sure if the fact that you haven't noticed any of this is something to be all that proud of, it's all been talked about and noticed since release. Let me give you a simple example, a true example that wasn't an accident, wasn't backblast splash, and I had no way to take as a learning experience.

The TR have a tower we want. I notice they have interlink benefits and the tower is surrounded by spits, too many to try jammering and getting in. I spend quite a while outside the range of the spits taking people out who are wandering too far from the tower. Eventually the interlink benefit is cut, so now's my chance. I crouch walk a long freaking way through the spits, get to the door, set off the mine and begin hacking the door. Door opens, guy wastes me with no DL on. Bad luck I think, he heard the REK going and/or heard the mine go off and shot at the logical place. I spawn at the nearest AMS and make my way back. Nobody has replaced the mine, so I don't have to blow it again. I wait for somebody to run out of the tower and I crouch walk in, so I don't have to use my REK. I crouch walk up the stairs. As I am reaching the first landing the same guy comes flying down with his MCG, turns the corner and wastes me. No DL on, no hesitation, I'm dead. I'm confused so I send him a tell asking him if I'm showing up on his HUD for some reason (I was crouch walking for ages to audio amp is totally ruled out). He tells me I was, because they have Interlink. Except they don't. They haven't for at least 20 minutes. Please let me know what my learning experience was, other than learning that SOE is allowing bugs to persist?
Old 2003-12-28, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Vick
Second Lieutenant

Madcow, they probably had a motion sensor. As far as I can tell the interlink bugs are fixed.

Some of those bugs are real, most really, but this is like the 3rd post about it this month. Adding in the "I quit!" mentality doesnt help.
Old 2003-12-28, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

motion sensors don't work if you're crouch walking.

Old 2003-12-28, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

I am one paranoid mofo. If I see a red dot on the radar in an NC base, and it disappears, I will look for you.

If I die or a few people die from boomers in the spawn room(*cough* Dogtag of VS *cough*) I will camp the spawn room to shit and kill any cloaker who doesn't have green over his head.

Basically, I've been killed by infils so much, if the same infil kills me 3 times in one night, he is very very fortunate.

But overall I agree. It is hard to play an infil most of the time. I did enjoy the success I had as an infil though. Sure, I didn't rack up kills like when I had HA(which I recert once a week for fun), but each kill was more satisfying.
Old 2003-12-29, 03:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Rayder
General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by 1024
motion sensors don't work if you're crouch walking.
Yeah they do, motion sensors pick up all movement.

Originally Posted by 1024
There is no doubt about it, cloakers are at a serious disadvantage with all these bugs. It's not really fair that they can't play to their full potential due to some screw ups that SOE seems to be ignoring. SOE needs to get on the ball.
SOE has more important things to work on than a few bugs. I for one, would rather have something that's been causing crashes fixed, instead of a few play bugs. Think about it this way, the more big bugs they fix, the more time they get to play around with the smaller ones.
Old 2003-12-29, 08:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Mudflap
Sergeant

Motion sensors do not pick up all movement. I'm nuts about watching my radar for cloakers, and I've been in towers with five motion sensors as tightly packed as they can be, and still seen the tower get hacked without a blip on the radar. So if they are supposed to pick up ALL movement, then they are bugged too.

The problem with crouch walking is that you become visible. I can see a cloaker that's moving, no matter how slow. It's hard to figure out exactly where his body is, and he can be hard to see, but he is definitely visible. And if he's in a tower, where there are no confusing textures to hide in, he's dead if he moves.

There are bugs, but I kinda like how gameplay works now. Infs are still good, especially for boomering spawn tubes and such. I get killed by one quite a bit, although not as often as I kill them. They're not meant for assault, only stealth, and they certainly are more stealthy than a guy in Rexo.
Old 2003-12-29, 08:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Rayder
General

Misc Info

Don't know what you guys are doing, but I can see all cloaked enemies (their names silly) that move, wether crouching or not, with a motion sensor.
Old 2003-12-29, 08:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Rayder
Don't know what you guys are doing, but I can see all cloaked enemies (their names silly) that move, wether crouching or not, with a motion sensor.
That's only if you have the interlink benefit and a nearby motion sensor, or if there is a mosquito hovering overhead (they detect all movement including crouch walking). Motion sensors on their own are not set off by crouch walking (or just plain walking), and it's not exclusive to the infil suit. Anybody can crouch walk past a motion sensor and not show up on the HUD.
Old 2003-12-29, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Vick
Madcow, they probably had a motion sensor. As far as I can tell the interlink bugs are fixed.

Some of those bugs are real, most really, but this is like the 3rd post about it this month. Adding in the "I quit!" mentality doesnt help.
As 1024 mentioned, I was crouch walking (for a LOOOONG time) so it wasn't the motion sensor. The interlink bugs definitely aren't fixed as that was on the list of things the devs are currently working on, and we haven't had a patch since the list of things they were working on has come out.
Old 2003-12-30, 05:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Motion sensor: Picks up anyone in range that is moveing faster than walking speed. This is the way it was designed, and is not a bug. Same applies to Audio-amp with the exception that silent run compleatly nulifies Audio-amp.

Motion sensor+ ILF= Motion sensor picks up all enemies in range even if they are standing still, no ifs, ands, or buts.

SOE has ignored the infiltrator bugs for a long time, and I expect that this will not change, ever. Call me a pecimist if you like, but it SOE design team seams to hate infils. Maybe Smokejumper only plays an infil to find out ways to nerf them.
Old 2003-12-30, 07:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Rayder
General

Misc Info

Must be a bug then, cuz when I'm on a locked cont with motion sensors in the towers, I've seen the guys' names as they crouch-walked by.
Old 2003-12-30, 07:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

When you're on a locked continent, the lattice link base benefits extend to all linked bases, remember?
Old 2003-12-30, 07:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Rayder
General

Misc Info

Should have specified that it wasn't our cont.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion