Gameplay: Continental Commanders - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: God wants you to give us all your money.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-07-30, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Continental Commanders

OK....have you been on the command channel lately??? Bwak, bwak, squak, "I need help on Esamir"...bwak, "We need help at the crown"..swak.."let's take the bio domes!" skwak......no, let's not take the bio domes"....bawk..."I hate you"....."suck it"......."we still need help on Esamir"....."is anyone on Amerish?".........."your mom was on Amerish last night" .....skwak....blah, blah....

Command channel is a mess....we really need a supreme commander for each continent to direct forces on each continent and communicate with other continents to work together providing better direction instead of half the people on command channel trying to coordinate and the other half being pricks.

Provide higher XP for following commander orders even if it's a continent jump or something, anything .......too many chiefs not enough warriors following orders out there...
Old 2013-07-30, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
SerethiX
Corporal

Re: Continental Commanders

Okay, so on your faction someone uses the leader channel, but TR command channel on cobalt is always quiet.

What should a commander can do?

SerethiX - www.serethi.de
Old 2013-07-31, 06:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Eggy
Sergeant

/re needs to work, all the time, and people need to use it.

/orders needs to be continent specific and people who abuse for spam or even worse to recruit it need to have there rights removed.

/command needs to be continent specific, there needs to be another chat channel used for cross continent chatter.

People need to stop trying to use voice in the ingame command channels. It just doesnt work for anything other than short and sweet commands and acknowledegments.
Once the name calling and brown noseing starts its pointless being in the channel and it actualy has a negative impact in gameplay.

The existing PLs and SLs need to use attack and defense waypoints more.
If I spend 4 mins at the WG queing to get to Esamir, I shouldnt get there and find no waypoints.

Your latter points are always going to occur with a system that you can pay your way into. Even a merrit system (like in RL) wouldnt work in game as LittleJohnySuckyCommander will just get all his chums to upvote him.

The fabled mission system is I think intended to provide the XP bonus for following orders, but even now I cant see how this wont be open for abuse.
Old 2013-07-31, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Eggy View Post

People need to stop trying to use voice in the ingame command channels. It just doesnt work for anything other than short and sweet commands and acknowledegments.
Once the name calling and brown noseing starts its pointless being in the channel and it actualy has a negative impact in gameplay.
I've been saying that for a while but I heard Higby say that (to paraphrase) he thinks going to a text only channel would be retrograde and not upto date enough.

Personally I think the command ranks (cr1 - cr5) as per ps1 would be enough. Cr5 channel was actually a community on it's own.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault