Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: All the pain money can buy
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-05-21, 03:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Shogun
Contributor
General

Re: Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

Originally Posted by Snipefrag View Post
THIS, but i would say in addition not instead of.
the terminals also need a faster response time. most of the time i run up to a terminal and press e nothing happens. i have to wait until the game notices that i am standing in front of a terminal and bring up the "press e" dialog.

in ps1 i could change to any loadout in a millisecond. in ps2 the whole process takes several seconds. and don´t even ask how long it takes to change loadouts manually.
the layout of the loadout and menu screens has improved since launch, but it is still too complicated and too spread out. changing the most common things should not include mousing all over the screen to hit buttons that are spread too much. keep all buttons we need to change weapons and attatchments close to each other. like returning to loadout from attatchment menu. why is the "previous" button so far away?
is there no way to make a working shortcut of attatchment dropdowns directly on the weapon?
like click on weapon directly in loadoutscreen, get a dropdown with /optics/rail/camo that opens another dropdown with your available certs in the category where the actual attatchment is highlighted and you could just click to change to something else. leaving the dropdown mouseover brings down the dropdown. no need to look for a "previous" button and another menu screen.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-05-21, 06:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Shamrock
Contributor
First Sergeant

Quality of life issues:

(1)Binding your spawn point to your S-AMS.

(2)No simple UI indicator of CE used.

Ill add more as they occur to me.

Old 2013-05-14, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

Change of squad colors, so I can make Alpha, bravo, charlie, and delta squad different than the default colors.

Trenchcoats and coverings for your armor

ADAD fix

improving servers so that large fights don't lag as much

Things I have compiled from my outfit:
Originally Posted by Ammathor, outfit mate of mine
Screen Flickering Bug.
Freeze/Crash on Redeploy.
Teleporting back to starting location after exiting a Vehicle
VR dumping loadouts.
Annhilator, Striker (On Second and Third Rounds), A2A missiles all firing Duds (These are all nearly two month's old now)
Setting your Squad to Private still allows brand new players to join, even if you have it set to private and outfit only.
Quality of Life
FOV Fixed for Vehicles, Seeing as how it's locked to something very low and cannot be changed.
More Load-out Slots
Customize-able HUD.
Some sort of ability to draw on the map for Platoon & Squad leads.
Have the Outfit's MOTD appear on the screen when you log in. (Toggelable in Settings?)
Other things we accumulated from various outfit members:
Also, I heard reports of people having textures just go missing, special mention was made of Tech plants

There is the issue with Communication and ammo towers, which now serve as Anti-air towers, clipping in and out of reality.

Not being able to reset things in your recruitment message without dropping the message

Also, as has been said a few times already, thank you for paying attention to the community in what you have been doing, and engaging people directly for this.

Last edited by GeoGnome; 2013-05-14 at 09:58 PM.
Old 2013-05-15, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
KodanBlack
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Epidemic View Post
Trenchcoats and coverings for your armor.
Shut the front door! My friend and I were talking about trenchcoats to go along with the Commisar hat last night!
Old 2013-05-14, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Of the suggestions that have been made since I started writing, I especially agree with the fact that we need the ability to:
-- Change color of squads in our platoon on our HUD

-- Change loadouts quickly with less clicks. May I propose the idea of using the number keys as hotkeys? 1 for loadout 1, 2 for loadout 2 and 3 for loadout 3? It will interfere with nothing, makes everything faster and leaves room for more loadout slots, which people also kinda want.
Old 2013-05-14, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

There is also a funny thing where the drop-pod noise restarts every time you switch back to first person after having changed the camera angle. Unnecessary breaking any immersion.

Also if we're gonna be talking about things that will improve the game and have already been discussed, I wanna talk about

-- ADADADAD strafing to break netcode and gain unnatural advantage through distorted hitboxes and player models moving weirdly for anyone trying to shoot them. This needs to go away.

-- OMG DARKER NIGHTS PLZ.
Old 2013-05-14, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Roy Awesome
First Sergeant

Platoon related bugs:

1) As platoon leader, I'm not in the /leader channel
2) As a platoon leader, I cannot set myself to the leader of a squad (The menu is changed to a generic 'Leave Squad' button). /squad setowner <Myname> doesn't work either.
3) If a squads leader changes, the private squad options are reset and default to public. This is not reflected in the UI (Outfit-only squad still looks outfit only).
4) Private squad must be checked if you want it outfit only. Cut out the middle man here and don't worry about the private squad check button.
5) The names of squads in the management UI change when another squad leader in the platoon changes the listing name of the squad. It's right on the public squad listing page, just wrong when you are a squad leader.
6) It'd be really really really really nice to just list my platoon, and if a squad fills up, new joiners are put into another squad in the platoon.
7) I would like a timer on the cooldown of my squad beacon. It's hard to see if I have ~10s left on beacon cooldown or it's ready to go as the gauge is mostly filled but I cant determine the pixels.
8) For my public squad running friends: The ability to ban people from your platoon
9) As a platoon or squad leader, it's be nice to recolor the squads. Also, rename them in the UI.

Outfit leader stuff:
1) When a player has been offline for over a month, the Last Online indicator does not show the date they were last online. It'd be nice to see when they last logged in (the date).
2) When a player has not logged in for a while (I don't know the length), they show up as BR 1 in the Outfit UI. I want to kick all the low BR players from my outfit that haven't logged in for over a month but I accedentally kicked some high BR players because it showed them as BR1.
3) I would like to be able to create ranks and titles for outfit members. Titles being ranks that have no permissions attached. We will use this to great comedy effect in TEST.
4) I would like a way to link a Steam group to our Outfit. For example, if a Event is starting in my outfit's steam group calendar, it would be nice to broadcast that to everyone online. Additionally, some button on the Outfit UI for players to join the steam group attached to our outfit from ingame if they've launched through steam and have the overlay (like the store does).

Other stuff:
1) Custom ingame Voice channels please! It kinda works (/voice join <channelname>) but it breaks randomly and has no UI support. Can we get this feature finished? Vanu on mattherson would love you long time.
2) Global Orders chat and contentent specific /leader chat.
3) Alert status and Alert leaderboard in the API.

Last edited by Roy Awesome; 2013-05-14 at 10:16 PM.
Old 2013-05-14, 10:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

First I gotta comment on one awesome change. I've played a lot of FPS games with capture modes, where the cap point always shows in your field of view so you can easily navigate to them. I've always had a huge issue with those big flashy icons getting in the way, they always seem to cover that window from your favorite spot, or give cover to an open area, and just blocks your line of sight on an usually open area.

But in PS2 you up the transparency of screen icons when aiming down the sight, AWESOME!

Turret direction indicator for Vehicles
As in a ground vehicle driver will have rotating turrets on his green vehicle health image. That show the direction of his gunners. Can do the same for Libs and Galaxies.

Missile Tracking
Some kind of range indicator for incoming locked missiles. A range count down would be ideal, but maybe a faster toned lock on beep? Faster it beeps closer the missile is?

Elevation Indicator for Radar
Mainly beneficial against aircraft, but also good against ground. A primitive solution, but identifies my point, is putting tiny elevation numbers under a vehicle on your radar. But I like the idea of a simple "Above YOU" or "Below YOU" style. Like you could place a small " ^ " above a vehicle if it's a higher elevation then you, and it could get bolder/larger/different color depending on how far above you they are.

Elevation Indicator for Incoming Damage
When you take damage, you get the red curves around your center view indicating what general direction it came from. It's how games implement situational awareness. I propose putting a " ^ " on the inner arc of that damage indicator (so pointing towards the center) if the damage is coming from above you, and again it can grow based on distance. Then another on the outer curve if it's below you.

Vehicle Equipment Swap
I can understand this not being in, really. Because if it's used too often it could allow for too much versatility, letting one ESF do everything. But it think it'd be ok with a cost, like it requires and consumes your aircraft's cooldown. Or a high resource cost.

MORE LOADOUTS
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none

Last edited by Lonehunter; 2013-05-14 at 11:29 PM.
Old 2013-05-14, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
fierce deity
Sergeant

I would like:
  • More Voice Macros.
  • To see my hands on the handlebars of the Flash and the Steering Wheel of Harassers and Sunderers.
  • A buff to Triage. It just seems like a worthless cert line.
  • More personal waypoints.
  • More loadout slots.
  • To be able to see the squad waypoints of all squads in my platoon.
  • To be able to merge multiple platoons into a company.
  • Respawning after dying in a max suit defaulting to the last used class/loadout.
  • Display map on pressing tab instead of the leaderboard.
  • Forward grip on sniper rifles reducing scope sway.
  • When Squad or Platoon leading to be able to set an XO so that if you disconnect for any reason someone competent takes over until you relog.
  • Audio Changes for weapons to make them sound Stronger.
  • Showing armor upgrades like nanoweave or flack armor on the character.
  • New HUD for Maxes.
  • Ammo counter for secondary weapons on vehicles and a display of secondary gun position.
  • Heat buildup on engineer repair tool only if you are actively repairing something.
  • Better tooltips on abilities.
  • Reflex sights for pistols and heavy weapons.
Bug: When in single fire mode it sounds like the weapon fires twice.

Last edited by fierce deity; 2013-05-14 at 10:45 PM.
Old 2013-05-14, 10:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Flexo
Private

This is what I need to make outfit/platoon management...well, managable:

- The ability to make myself a squad leader.
- The ability to see squad names and rename them or make them public/private.
- The ability to ban someone permanently from squads under my command (eliminating screaming voice grievers).
- Priority override to leaders for in-game voice.
- Ability to see and reset the waypoints for each squad.
- Ability to select people that can be automatically promoted to platoon and squad leader if I or a squad leader drops connection.
Old 2013-05-14, 10:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Stvo
Private

INFILTRATOR (BUGS)

-Unable to cloak after immediately firing bolt action snipers.
-Server cloaked but not graphically cloaked after exiting a vehicle or just spawned
-Ping darts are freezing on the minimap and not reporting enemy locations often, graphically sometimes, and mechanically sometimes

ENGINEER (BUGS)

-Unable to switch to primary sometimes with underbarrel grenade launchers on trac 5s
-Can we just get sticky ammo packs like a c4 ? Deploying them is a pain in the ass.. would be nice to stick them like in Battlefield 3.
-auto switches to primary soon as you placed ammo box ( STAHP ) just switch to last used.

A2A ESF (BUGS)

-A2A Tomcats are bugged like crazy right now and have been awhile. Firing missiles dont register on server and sometimes it takes ammo count from you, you know when the missile is bugged because you fire a missile and reload and you can start locking instantly after it fired (firing duds).

ALL vehicles (WANTS)

Number 1 request for vehicles (I also think i speak for a majority here)

((((((((((((((TURRET/GUNNER STABILIZATION)))))))))))))

-Stop making them explode if the roof hits the ground... really it sucks.
-ADD a UI for the gunner so he knows what way the vehicle is facing (like the one in the bottom right of the Skyguard UI)
-FOV slider for vehicles Pilots/Drivers and Gunners (yes .. seriously)

Ill think of some more later and reedit my post and email you tomorrow higby (4am here)
But these are the main ones off the top of my head that.
Old 2013-05-14, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Kail
Staff Sergeant

1. When dying as a MAX, have it go back to your previous class+loadout instead of LA #1
  2. Landing gear on aircraft getting stuck out
  3. When reviving as a medic, completing the circle doesn't actually mean they are rezzed; the only sure-fire sign the rez has completed is when the body "props themselves up". It'd be great if the progress completion and actual rez going through was tighter
  4. A "Grenade Mod" suit slot - Current sticky grenade becomes a mod to make frag grenade sticky - Add two sticky mods for medic revive & heal grenades. Alternatively just sticky variants of revive & heal.. but seems silly to have to purchase both separately.
  5. Repair tool's HEAT increasing with trigger held down even when not actually repairing anything (ie, running up to a destroyed gen, but clicking too soon builds heat even though you were out of range and aren't actually repairing)
  6. Harasser rumble-seat occupant getting hit by the harasser's own gun
  7. Harasser rumble-seat occupant damaging harasser at certain angles / moving backwards
  8. Clearer indicator on Scythe when forward momentum is lost
  9. Infantry decals not visible with armor cosmetics
  10. Store often doesn't categorize things correctly - for example, when Lumifiber first came out you could choose "Misc" on Liberators and see it, but for the Scythe you had to leave everything unchecked and scroll through until you found it. Has happened to weapons too.
  11. If "Compare Weapon" is checked from the loadout screen, and then a new weapon is chosen, the comparison tooltip keeps using the original weapon until you uncheck / recheck the checkbox
  12. I die quite often. Its very annoying and should be looked into
  13. Ability to "resupply" vehicles so you can change loadouts

Last edited by Kail; 2013-05-14 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Added more entries
Old 2013-05-14, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
The Megapode
Private

I have a couple of minor suggestions that won't really impact gameplay much, but would increase my enjoyment of the game. Feel free to entirely disregard these.
  1. I think the vehicles feel too slow, even the harasser. I think it would be neat if the field of view increases the faster you go, so maybe when you're at the vehicle's top speed you get something like +10 FOV.

2. Please add a stock attachment for carbines. I would pay like 500 stationcash just to have a stock on a carbine, even if it was purely cosmetic. That's how much I want them.
Old 2013-05-14, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

For engineer:
Fix weapon switching back to primary after ammo drop.
Fix repair tool weapon model having "repairing" effects and sounds, even though you're out of range and not repairing what you're trying to repair.
Fix turrets not moving up or down depending on if someone is sitting inside it! Hate it when someone gets out of the turret and I don't notice because the turret is still up!
Old 2013-05-14, 11:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
ComerEste
Corporal

A lot of mine have already been mentioned, but the ones that haven't been yet.

- Liberator landing gear sometimes get stuck in the down position and gets in the way of my belly guns line of sight on his screen, but on my screen it's not down. I have to quickly land and take off again for it to be up on both of our screens.

- Striker bug where even after using Flares/IR Smoke, it acts like it only gets rid of the first rocket while the other 4 hit me. Sometimes happens even when I don't use Flares/IR Smoke, but put a buildings or hill between me and the Striker and the rockets will still hit me.

- Phoenix "issue". When I die the missile just disappears or does no dmg. I agree that if I die then I lose control of my missile, but If i was just about to hit my target and I die, the missile should've continued on dumbfire and possibly hit the target.

- Lancer "issue". Because of render distances, lots of times I get hit my Lancers I don't see the laser beam so I can't trace it back to its source to try and kill them.

- Pump action "issue". While the debate on these is huge and I know it won't be a simple fix. I personally would've rather you guys nerfed the semi-auto/full auto shotguns to where it takes 5-6 shots to kill someone and gave the 2-3 shot capability to the pump actions. There are already plenty of things in this game that can one shot infantry, we really didn't need another one.

- I know it might be too late to do anything about it, but it really sucks how you guys shot yourselves in the foot by having so many guns in at launch. Too many of them are similar to others, while some are strait upgrades. I only play NC but some examples include:
1. LA1 Anchor is a strait upgrade from the GD-22S as all the stats are the same except the Anchor has higher RPM and Muzzle Velocity. The only thing the GD-22S has over the Anchor is around .2 faster reload which is not a big enough difference to warrant using the GD-22S over the Anchor. The only reason I ever used the GD-22S was because of its unique model was so different than the other NC LMG's.
2. I used to love the Sweeper but after you guys have done a couple balance passes, it is now the worst of the NC shotguns. I no longer use it, which sucks because I am 400 kills away from an Auraxium medal in it. When it came down to the decision making process of which shot gun to use, I chose the Piston because all 3 shots guns take the exact same amount of shots to kill someone and at least the Piston has the option of being full auto should the need arise.

- Finally, the Player Studio cannot come soon enough. I am at the point to where I will no longer be spending SC on anything other than cosmetics. If I can buy it with certs I will save up for it. Simply tired of spending money on things that can completely change from patch to patch.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion