Planetside 2 Needs Prone - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You call that a gun?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want Prone in PS2?
Yes 152 31.21%
No 312 64.07%
Other (Explain) 23 4.72%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-01, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #106
SoNaR
Corporal

Misc Info
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone

No prone = getting headshot by snipers whenever you try to take cover, that was 91% of the reason why I stopped playing BFBC2...

As for camping, people will camp even if they don't have prone, not having it won't change a thing. Bad players will always be bad players.
Old 2012-06-01, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #107
Envenom
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by SoNaR View Post
No prone = getting headshot by snipers whenever you try to take cover, that was 91% of the reason why I stopped playing BFBC2...

As for camping, people will camp even if they don't have prone, not having it won't change a thing. Bad players will always be bad players.
Agreed.
Old 2012-06-01, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #108
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

In my opinion prone is a one of those features that I wouldn't be upset about if it made it into the game or not.

Old 2012-06-01, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #109
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Envenom View Post
That's not even an argument. Do you know HOW EASY IT IS to implement a movement restriction on that? A delay or something? lol. You're grabbing at straws now.
I can bring up your attempt at making an argument for keeping boundaries in, but you didn't have one. Prone is the same concept. You have crouch, why do you need prone? Just like all you said is we have the terrain to fly over, why use the ocean?

The game has already been designed without prone in mind so I think we're okay. Crouching won't be a problem since terrain and cover objects will be tall enough to protect you. There, no reason for having prone now. You can escape enemy fire, and since apparently all you want it for, crouch takes that role.
Old 2012-06-01, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #110
Envenom
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
I can bring up your attempt at making an argument for keeping boundaries in, but you didn't have one. Prone is the same concept. You have crouch, why do you need prone? Just like all you said is we have the terrain to fly over, why use the ocean?

The game has already been designed without prone in mind so I think we're okay. Crouching won't be a problem since terrain and cover objects will be tall enough to protect you. There, no reason for having prone now. You can escape enemy fire, and since apparently all you want it for, crouch takes that role.

Giving the players further options to seek avenues of gameplay does sound like a really bad idea, you're right. I apologize for even bringing this up.
Old 2012-06-01, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #111
SoNaR
Corporal

Misc Info

I don't think we can pass judgement on the cover or the crouch mechanic till the beta tbh, for all we know the cover might shield your entire body or it might go up to your chest making you an easy target for a headshot sniper. :/

Also prone can be used for a number of other things besides taking cover.... like dodging bullets.

Last edited by SoNaR; 2012-06-01 at 05:15 PM.
Old 2012-06-01, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #112
Rare Raisin
Private

Anyone else feel like this thread is turning into a recipe for rage?

I'd rather play the beta without prone to start with. As many have suggested it can cause all sorts of problems.

I just picture a Max or two with a group of other classes storming in and imagine me just thinking i know! Prone!! Great now I've prolonged the time before my inevitable death and pinned down...now to just wait here until I'm either blown up or torn to sheds! Maybe have a slight hope of backup but in most games that rarely happened.

I think I'd just laugh though. I always did when I was in similar situations in different games. To me it's kinda of amusing when you know you're f*****. Especially when it happens so quickly and enemy force just completely destroys most of the defenders in seconds and you're one of the few remaining and just thinking well...maybe I'll take a couple with me at least.
Old 2012-06-01, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #113
Mackenz
Private

Of course, prone might be somewhat moot given that Light Assault have jet packs.

Prone players would probably find it very difficult to get vertical elevation to shoot, plus light assaulting players will have a height advantage on shooting down.

Sniping might have a place with prone, but that might be thin gruel as an argument.
Old 2012-06-01, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #114
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Envenom View Post
Giving the players further options to seek avenues of gameplay does sound like a really bad idea, you're right. I apologize for even bringing this up.
Says the man who wants to confine us to the continent, denying us a way to sneak behind the enemy. Hypocrite.
Old 2012-06-01, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #115
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by SoNaR View Post
Also prone can be used for a number of other things besides taking cover.... like dodging bullets.
Uh, I'm pretty sure that is taking cover?
Old 2012-06-01, 05:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #116
Rare Raisin
Private

Old 2012-06-01, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #117
SoNaR
Corporal

Misc Info

I'm thinking in 2142 terms, were you could turn and prone in such a way that you dodged bullets; if there was no cover for you to run to. (that is a whole other game of course so it might not work in ps2) :P

Last edited by SoNaR; 2012-06-01 at 05:25 PM.
Old 2012-06-01, 05:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #118
Algo
Corporal

I just wanted to say that a sniper will shoot your face off far easier if you are prone rather than just (oh god advanced mechanics) sprint zig zagging.
Old 2012-06-01, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #119
Envenom
Sergeant Major

Says the man who wants to confine us to the continent, denying us a way to sneak behind the enemy. Hypocrite.
No argument... So let's bring up an irrelevant point to shift focus. Good skills.
Old 2012-06-01, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #120
Saintlycow
Sergeant Major

everyone will be lying down. boring
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion