Crazy Idea: Empire Specific Bases - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It isn't what it looks like, well ok so it is.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-06-22, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Cauldron Borne
Captain

WAIT! You mean the NC would actually have ONE thing that was completely useless? and yet you whine? The other two empires have at least two things that are totally crap (TR maxs, all of em, and their tank) (VS Lancer [too high a learning curve] and the beamer). So quit yer bitchen on an imaginary idea.

Also, i can see the multiple spawn locations as a problem. Maybe if you had sort of router like portals inside the spawn room (clearly labeled) to get you to those places faster. I'm not sure how all those spawn rooms would be implemented.

The super turrets may also be a bit much, why not just have the emp specific turrets, but more of them (say about 12- 2x as much as the normal base).

And the NC base would be a sprawling camp with no walls, just large gun towers and a chainlink fence with bunker-like building with a tunnel system that links them all. (and, of course the chain-link fence could be shot through). UPSIDE: much easier to mount attacks from, as there would be about eight exits.

Or a ground level wall: high enough to stop a ground vec from getting into it, low enough to not need a star case to get to the top.

Also instead of making the BD only accessable from inside, why not make it so an adv hacker would take about 90 secs to hack it open (by then the enemy build up outside would make for prime OS)

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-06-22, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
BlackHawk
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Cauldron Borne
WAIT! You mean the NC would actually have ONE thing that was completely useless? and yet you whine? The other two empires have at least two things that are totally crap (TR maxs, all of em, and their tank) (VS Lancer [too high a learning curve] and the beamer). So quit yer bitchen on an imaginary idea.
So purposefully giving an empire a useless weapon will detract from the amount of bitching?
Old 2004-06-22, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Henya
Staff Sergeant

guys its turrets not turrents
Old 2004-06-22, 06:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Henya
guys its turrets not turrents
Dont have anything more substantial to add do ya?

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2004-06-22, 06:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Henya
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Doppler
Dont have anything more substantial to add do ya?
yeh well i like the concept - but the turrents thing was bothering me
Old 2004-06-23, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
AltaEgo
Staff Sergeant

I think this idea is great! :-) Everything that I would have said has been said, but I still hafta just mention that this is a decent idea.
Old 2004-06-26, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Cauldron Borne
Captain

Blackhawk - Not really, but it will make me happy knowing that the NC can now bitch about something that actually needs to be fixed, instead of 'WTF! GEHY! THEY 'nerfed' MY UBER-N00B-GUN-OF-D00M!'

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion