selling vec weapons is p2w! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Vote or die!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-11-21, 08:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Methonius
Master Sergeant

Re: selling vec weapons is p2w!

I can assure that this is just ppl whining because I heard tons of ppl tell me that the carbine was complete crap and I dominate consistently with it and thats the starter wep. My KD is always 2-3.0 and higher. I play engineer mainly and run around with the carbine, occassionally I go with heavy assault if I get bored of engi.
Old 2012-11-22, 12:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Skepsiis
Corporal

Originally Posted by PurpleOtter View Post
Truth be told some one could unlock 1000's in SC and still not be nearly as effective as some one who has been playing in the Beta for weeks/months.
Good point. You cant buy skill or situational awareness with SC. If anything, that makes this game play to win.....
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-11-22, 12:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
arclegger
PlanetSide 2
Level Designer

If our game was pay to win we would have a button that showed up on the death screen that let you kill the person who just killed you for 50 SC. Then that person would get the same popup to kill you for 75 SC and it would keep growing and growing until the highest bidder won.
Old 2012-11-22, 01:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
TehCandyMan
Private

Funny thing is they were saying this months ago prior to beta, but on one of there alpha vids of them showing the store you could clearly see all there weapons had a station cash amount next to them.

I'm all for them making money, because I want to see this game do well.. But they should have just admitted this from the jump. Not spew the "you will only be able to pay for side grades" crap.

Last edited by TehCandyMan; 2012-11-22 at 01:50 AM.
Old 2012-11-22, 01:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by TehCandyMan View Post
Funny thing is they were saying this months ago prior to beta, but on one of there alpha vids of them showing the store you could clearly see all there weapons had a station cash amount next to them.

I'm all for them making money, because I want to see this game do well.. But they should have just admitted this from the jump. Not spew the "you will only be able to pay for side grades" crap.
I think people also dont get what side grades mean.....lets take a look at the rocket pods for instance.....If you use rocket pods you give up having a huge bank of after burner fuel...which means you give up the ability to out run enemy fighters easy or out run G2A or A2A missile....side grading is giving up something to gain something else.
Old 2012-11-22, 02:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
LoliLoveFart
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by arclegger View Post
If our game was pay to win we would have a button that showed up on the death screen that let you kill the person who just killed you for 50 SC. Then that person would get the same popup to kill you for 75 SC and it would keep growing and growing until the highest bidder won.

I don't think the game is P2W at all.
If you are infantry and you got killed by rocketpods, congratulations you got killed by an anti infantry weapon. As for the guns, I find they all have good and bad situations, I personally haven't unlocked every gun in the game so I can't throw out a blanket statemant but I will anyway, from the guns I have unlocked I do not feel any of them have given me an advantage over other players.

Old 2012-11-22, 02:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Mavvvy
Corporal

It would be pay to win if this was a more a individual centric game, however luckily there us nothing that teamplay can't kill in this .

Like someone else said the weapons should be tied to battlerank.
Old 2012-11-22, 07:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
elementHTTP
Sergeant

Only P2W item in game are/is ROCKET PODS
Old 2012-11-22, 07:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Mavvvy
Corporal

Originally Posted by LoliLoveFart View Post

I don't think the game is P2W at all.
If you are infantry and you got killed by rocketpods, congratulations you got killed by an anti infantry weapon. As for the guns, I find they all have good and bad situations, I personally haven't unlocked every gun in the game so I can't throw out a blanket statemant but I will anyway, from the guns I have unlocked I do not feel any of them have given me an advantage over other players.
Hehe you just reminded me of what one of my squad mates said to me once "shotguns are too op in close quarters combat"

I had to write him up a note that our friendship was under review after that
Old 2012-11-22, 08:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Not this subject again
Old 2012-11-22, 09:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Realmofdarkness
Corporal

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
It's not pay to win, but you cannot deny that people who have cash to blow and are unlocking overpowered things like A2G missiles on day 1 aren't at a HUMONGOUS advantage over someone who doesn't spend a dime for a week or two.

And this is from someone with 16k station cash to blow.
its because of these people the game will survive. If there are no attractive things to buy then no one will cash in. They need money.
Old 2012-11-22, 10:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
SkarBlade
Private

Originally Posted by Mox View Post
There is no excuse...

Selling vec weapons and also some of the major inf weapons (mcg, shotgun, launchers)is p2w.

I buy it anyway but soe has promised something else. They talked about only sellling sidegrades and cosmetics....

Thougts?
P2W doesn't make you a better player.
Old 2012-11-22, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Gortha
First Sergeant

You can obtain every Vehicular Weapon of Inf Weapon by a few days of play, by Cert-Points.

So it is no P2W.

http://z0r.de/1573
Old 2012-11-22, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
CrankyTRex
Staff Sergeant

This vehicle weapons problem is still my biggest gripe with the game. It's the reason I didn't bother buying BF3 after its Beta. If PS2 didn't have so many other things going for it, I wouldn't play it either for this reason.

Not having the option to choose things like flares and missiles until they are unlocked is incredibly frustrating, especially when cert points are shared between the various classes and vehicles. It's as frustrating to me as if every character class started only with a pistol and had to unlock their main weapon.

There should be a base standard option for each role to start with and then the certs can specialize into the area you like. Your standard dumb bomb can then become something more versatile like the rocket pods, for example.
Old 2012-11-22, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
artifice
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by arclegger View Post
That would be hilarious.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion