Empire night flares - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: No, Your obsession with Planetside will only get worse.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-06-04, 07:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Cuross
Master Sergeant

Empire night flares

So if I'm reading correctly, there's going to be night vision goggles available for infantry, so maybe a flare gun or grenade ammo that shoots an 'infrared' beacon that illuminates the night so long as the soldiers are wearing their night vision goggles, maybe in the color of their Empires, but basically this would just give the soldiers a different light source. Not sure how it would be put into the game, but with what I've seen of the lighting, it would be amazing to see something like this, haha. Maybe even outfit an aircraft with a bunch of these flares to light up a night battle for the ground troops.

Pro:
Wider area of lighting
Squad/platoon/outfit/Empire support

Con:
Not sure I can think of any, haha.

Potential issues:
Well, I'm not sure how it would work, I'm not certain if it would be hard on the servers or processors involved. I also wonder what would happen should a hundred or so be launched in the same area of effect.

Exploits:
Well, providing a different angle of light exploits the darkness and illuminates areas behind boulders and buildings for anyone else with a different line of sight :P

I'm not sure this even has to stop with infrared flares, even just normal flares would be a fun mechanic for those soldiers without night vision goggles.

Here's a link to a real live IR flare
http://homemadedefense.blogspot.kr/2...2-40mm-ir.html

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault