Mouse aim problem - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Those who live by the sword may get shot by those who don't.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-05-31, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
scOOper
Private

Mouse aim problem

Got a crappy problem and hope anyone can help me with it. Lots of ppl have this prob o nthe official forum and noone has an answer so i try it here.

Problem:
When i am zoomed in at 4x 8x 12x the mouse aim is crapped up, like mouse smoothing is enabled again then. When i move the mose very slowly for 10 meters the xhair doesn't move a mm. When i move my mouse with more speed it flies over the target like 10 pixels away.
The bigger the zoom level (smaller fov) the worse the bug is, at 2x it's even a lil bit noticable and at 12x .. well i can forget about that, cannot even hit an elephant then.

So summarized: tiny slow mouse movements won't move the reticule at all, like smoothing is always enabled.

I have smoothing off in the game, and checked user_options.lst and it's indeed off.
Got a logitech mouse dual optical and tried default winxp, old and new logitech drivers, nothing helps.
I had this prob on beta and now released version too.

This isn't the mouse delay bug coz i lag pc speed, i got that problem too and know ps engine is like serious sam engine which lags input at the cost of more fps, bad system tho. < this problem is just really different

Hope anyone can help me with this, devs won't really help at the official forum.

Shazbot!
Old 2003-05-31, 10:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
BladeRunner
Contributor
First Sergeant

I have that problem too. My temporary fix has been to get the xhair in the general area with the mouse, then use strafe to get it on target. I've still been able to snipe.. I don't use 12x though..

::::[ Blade's War Photo Gallery ]::::

"I need a girl whose name doesn't end in .JPG"
Old 2003-05-31, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Seer
Major

I get the same problem. I maxed out my mouse sensitivity and that alleviated it somewhat, but it is still there.
Old 2012-07-01, 10:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
I SandRock
Sergeant Major

Re: Mouse aim problem

Bump.

I have this problem. Any fixes by now?

At 12x i can move my mouse but the aim won't move, I have to move it a lot and then it sluggishly struts around the screen. Making sniping impossible.
Old 2012-07-01, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
infy
Corporal

put ingame sens to 100% and play on like 600-800 dpi, adapt to it - and become a god.
Old 2012-07-01, 09:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Espion
Staff Sergeant

Increase the ingame sens and decrease your mouse dpi. I had to put ingame sensitivity at 2/3 - 1/2 from the left before it would move smoothly without even zooming.
Old 2012-07-02, 02:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
I SandRock
Sergeant Major

My in-game sensitivity is maxed out and ive tried DPI settings at 200-400-1000-2000. 1000 is bearable but still shit...

I don't remember it being like this back in the day :o
Old 2012-07-02, 06:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
infy
Corporal

Originally Posted by infy View Post
put ingame sens to 100% and play on like 600-800 dpi, adapt to it - and become a god.
I have to say it twice? It has always been like this btw.. cpl mouse fix if you're on xp which you most likley would if you play PS
Old 2012-07-02, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Raymac
Brigadier General

Isn't this the way sniper rifles have always been in Planetside?

Old 2012-07-02, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
I SandRock
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
Isn't this the way sniper rifles have always been in Planetside?
It was always precise aiming for me back in the day, but i ran Windows XP with an optical mouse back then. Since i have Win7 and a laser mouse it seems so messed up... as in impossible messed up. I use to love sniping!
Old 2012-07-02, 03:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Espion
Staff Sergeant

1) Since you have laser, make sure you're playing on a surface that is good for laser mice (proper mousepad)

2) Find a cm/360 that you're comfortable with, then keep adjusting dpi/sens while keeping that same cm/360 until you find settings that work better (move dpi down + ingame sens up, or reverse, etc), maybe something like 10cm/360 if you're unsure and used to high sens. This is what I did to solve the same issue.

3) obviously make sure windows mouse accel is off (in the main mouse options), and ingame mouse smoothing is also off.
Old 2012-07-02, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Wahooo
Captain

Originally Posted by Espion View Post
3) obviously make sure windows mouse accel is off (in the main mouse options), and ingame mouse smoothing is also off.
This. I think in windows XP and 7 it is the same in that you need to put windows' mouse sensitivity in the middle, this is the default for zero acceleration. I had an issue quite a long time ago with a cheapo optical mouse that was simply too fast so I used the optical mouse for turrets and maxes and an old ball mouse for grunting/sniping. Since i've moved on to a mouse with on the fly DPI adjustments I think I play PS around 600 dpi which for that mouse and other sensitivity settings is a dog for navigating windows or other games.
Old 2012-07-02, 06:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Redshift
Major

It's the sensitivity, i had that issue when we got the 45 days free earlier. Ramp up the ingame sens to max and lower your settings outside the game
Old 2012-07-03, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Metalsheep
Master Sergeant

If you are using a Logitech mouse, turn off SetPoint. It will alleviate the problem to a small extent. I have the same problem using my G500 mouse.
Old 2013-03-04, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
CrazEpharmacist
Staff Sergeant

I've got this same problem. Turning my in-game sensitivity to max and lowering my mouse DPI seemed to alleviate it somewhat. It is still noticeable when moving things around on my UI, particularly when I'm dragging something out from the edge of my screen. And like OP said, when zooming in as well. It's like certain slight mouse movements just do not register at all..causing me to have to make bigger than intended mouse movements resulting in jerky aiming. Quite annoying but manageable I guess.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion