Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Site News and Discussions

Old 2004-11-22, 06:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Strygun
Contributor
Major General

Post Empire Broadcasts, Round 2

The three Empires have made public broadcasts again today. Perhaps they give clues to the previous broadcasts made that have stumped many people.

Terran Republic:
In further investigations into the unauthorized network activities uncovered by Republic Dataguards last week, we have found digital signatures linking this activity to New Conglomerate hackers. We have long known that the Vanu Sovereignty uploads data to the Core on a monthly basis, opening security holes in the construction pathways. Now, apparently, the Conglomerate has learned this as well, and seeks to exploit the Sovereignty�s religious mania for its own ends.

Loyalist Engineers have decoded the instructions sent by the Conglomerate. It appears that they have uploaded an adaptive virus into the Lattice network, targeted at the Republic and Sovereignty�s equipment databases. Initial attempts at isolating the viral code have met with limited success, but the Republic will not rest until this threat is contained.
Vanu Sovereignty:
The New Conglomerate has once again displayed its true xenophobic nature by defiling one of the last vessels of Ancient wisdom found on Auraxis. We have become aware of a viral strain of nanites released into the Lattice network. These nanites appear to be rerouting equipment acquisition pathways, opening up construction of heretic weaponry to all.

The Sovereignty has contained a sample of uninfected nanites in the sanctuary. The Conglomerate has left us no choice but to consecrate these last divine nanites, modifying them to undo the damage done by our enemies. This will take some time, and we have no way of knowing what damage the Conglomerate can inflict in the interim. We are reminded to stay true to the ideals of the Ancients, despite possible harmful ramifications from the Core.
New Conglomerate:
Recently, the Auraxian Independent Press ran an article which is rumored to be an excerpt from the journal of a member of the NC Security Alliance. Although the AIP has shifted its entire journalistic focus to this single page, NC Command advices all Freedom Fighters to remember that objective reporting has never been a priority for this organization.

NC Command is investigating the veracity of this claim, as well as the disappearance of several Security Alliance Engineers. At this time, Command has no statement regarding the allegations and events contained in the journal.
Last night, I had a dream. In it, a form matrixed before me in the darkness. As I looked closer, I saw that it was a perfect duplicate of myself. I attempted to speak, but no words would emerge from my mouth. The form raised its hand and we were next in the orbital platform, in the deepest sections of the Conglomerate�s lattice interface mainframe, where I had been last week removing Empire recognition subroutines from the lattice acquisition pathways.

I saw global chaos � the return of the earthquakes and the meteors. The Dominion of each Empire brought down in a single moment. I saw a Vanu Sovereignty column of Magriders taking Lancer fire. I saw a Terran Republic Infiltrator executed before me by a Repeater. I saw myself fall to my own weapon.

Never before have I questioned my own actions in the name of freedom. But I am convinced that I was in communication with an Ancient. And they do not approve.
> > Comment Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Site News and Discussions