Improvement: Gun Attachment Swap On The Fly - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What do you mean I cant kill a Tank with a Pistol?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-01-18, 08:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Sylvanicus
Contributor
Private

Gun Attachment Swap On The Fly

This is a simple thing that's been kind of bugging me lately. I primarily play a sniper and have a suppressor for my rifle. This limits the effective range quite a bit but can be incredibly useful. Unfortunately, I'm not clairvoyant. My name's not even Claire. Thus, I often run in to the problem of either having the silencer and not wanting it, or not having it when I do.

The way I play often involves incredibly long (up to an hour at a time) alone and behind enemy lines. This makes swapping loadouts... a bit tricky. Thus, I thought it might improve things if (like in so many other great FPSes) I could detach and reattach the suppressor or whatever attachments I may have on it.

This doesn't seem like an immensely large change and I doubt it would affect much as, I mean, you can turn on and off the laser on your weapon. It would be nice to be able to do that with the silencer, and even the scope or what have you.

I'd even go so far as to suggest that perhaps if a player certs in to it (likely in the Suit section replacing things like grenade bandolier or nanoweave), they can carry multiple attachments for instance... two scopes or some such thing.

All in all, I think it's fair that if someone can switch their laser off, I can remove my silencer. And if nothing else, I'd really like that laser to stay off when I pull my gun out again.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault