Clarify Implants XP Boosters - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Guns, lots of guns.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-11-18, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
TooFresh
Private

Clarify Implants XP Boosters

Even though Hamma and Jennyboo were nice enough to ask smed my question about boosters, I don't feel like he answered it thoroughly.

Basically, I have stationcash and will buy an xp booster, but I wanna coordinate with my outfit how we can best use boosters. I've seen conflicting info come from SOE on twitter and the old beta forums. So if anyone has good intel or if a dev can chime in I'd like to know the following:

-Is it true that only the squad leader can use the squad xp booster?
-If multiple people in a squad have the squad booster will the 35% squad boost stack multiple times?

Also for those of us who participated in the Facebook Recruitment App pre-beta, most of the rewards for that do not exist anymore.
Level 1 gives implants when implants improved reload speed and timers etc. Level 2 gives xp booster and resource booster.

Does anyone know if they are updating these rewards to fit the current game or if those that participated are just out of luck?

If anyone has info on this I would really appreciate it.

-TooFresh
Old 2012-11-18, 09:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
SKYeXile
Major General

Re: Clarify Implants XP Boosters

Originally Posted by TooFresh View Post
Even though Hamma and Jennyboo were nice enough to ask smed my question about boosters, I don't feel like he answered it thoroughly.

Basically, I have stationcash and will buy an xp booster, but I wanna coordinate with my outfit how we can best use boosters. I've seen conflicting info come from SOE on twitter and the old beta forums. So if anyone has good intel or if a dev can chime in I'd like to know the following:

-Is it true that only the squad leader can use the squad xp booster?
-If multiple people in a squad have the squad booster will the 35% squad boost stack multiple times?

Also for those of us who participated in the Facebook Recruitment App pre-beta, most of the rewards for that do not exist anymore.
Level 1 gives implants when implants improved reload speed and timers etc. Level 2 gives xp booster and resource booster.

Does anyone know if they are updating these rewards to fit the current game or if those that participated are just out of luck?

If anyone has info on this I would really appreciate it.

-TooFresh
This would be........FABULOUS

the squad XP booster gives 65% to you though and 35% to all squad members.

presumably if you weren't squad leader then and had the booster, you would get 65% boost...you would hope anyway....otherwise shotgun on squad leader.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL

Last edited by SKYeXile; 2012-11-18 at 09:31 PM.
Old 2012-11-18, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
haticK
First Sergeant

Anyone can use the 65% XP boost. The 35% only goes towards all squad members if the squad leader is the one using the 65% implant. The 35% will stack with your personal XP boost though (whether its 50% or 65%) and will also stack with the membership boost. No idea what they're doing with the Facebook app, I've been trying to get them to answer that for awhile and all they say is "you'll have it by launch".
Old 2012-11-18, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
TooFresh
Private

Originally Posted by haticK View Post
Anyone can use the 65% XP boost. The 35% only goes towards all squad members if the squad leader is the one using the 65% implant. The 35% will stack with your personal XP boost though (whether its 50% or 65%) and will also stack with the membership boost. No idea what they're doing with the Facebook app, I've been trying to get them to answer that for awhile and all they say is "you'll have it by launch".
So does this mean that if I am the squad leader with the squad xp boost I will get the basic 65% and a bonus 35% because of my own squad xp booster?

So basically, without counting the membership booster, the max xp boost you can get from an implant is +100% for squad xp?

Also curious where you are getting the answers from.
Old 2012-11-18, 09:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
haticK
First Sergeant

So does this mean that if I am the squad leader with the squad xp boost I will get the basic 65% and a bonus 35% because of my own squad xp booster?

So basically, without counting the membership booster, the max xp boost you can get from an implant is +100% for squad xp?

Also curious where you are getting the answers from.
I'm guessing that as long as you're in a squad and the leader that you'd also get the 35% bonus as well. Smedley mentioned this somewhere not long ago that the 35% was given by squad leaders and it stacked. It was either in a dev chat on their official wiki or a live stream.
Old 2012-11-18, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
SKYeXile
Major General

That would mean 260XP per kill, i can dig that. ONLY 10 YEARS TO REACH BR 100 NOW!

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2012-11-18, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Ostekake
Contributor
Private

I smell some weird math in this thread...
First of all lets use some common sense !
  • There is one boost slot
  • There will be multiple implant slots in the loadouts soon®
  • There is a difference from boosters and account perks and they stack.
  • if you got 65% from your boost, it doesnt make sense you get another increase from someone in your squad using the same group booster to raise you above 65%, but again, it will stack with account perks/boost
Old 2012-11-18, 09:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
haticK
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ostekake View Post
if you got 65% from your boost, it doesnt make sense you get another increase from someone in your squad using the same group booster to raise you above 65%, but again, it will stack with account perks/boost
All I know is Smedley said if the squad leader is using the squad XP boost, the 35% will stack on any personal boosts you are using.
Old 2012-11-18, 10:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by haticK View Post
All I know is Smedley said if the squad leader is using the squad XP boost, the 35% will stack on any personal boosts you are using.
you dont know what video this was do you? not that i dont believe you i just want to hear it first hand.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2012-11-18, 10:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
haticK
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
you dont know what video this was do you? not that i dont believe you i just want to hear it first hand.
No, I can't remember. It was during a live stream or a developer chat. I just remember being surprised because I thought the most XP gain you could get was 115% but then that was mentioned.
Old 2012-11-18, 11:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
TooFresh
Private

I smell some weird math in this thread...
First of all lets use some common sense !
  • There is one boost slot
  • There will be multiple implant slots in the loadouts soon®
  • There is a difference from boosters and account perks and they stack.
  • if you got 65% from your boost, it doesnt make sense you get another increase from someone in your squad using the same group booster to raise you above 65%, but again, it will stack with account perks/boost
Invalid. they have already said that squad xp will boost squad members an additional 35% regardless if they have their own booster or not. We just wanna know how many squads u can stack and who needs to use it leader or anyone.
Old 2012-11-19, 12:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Ostekake
Contributor
Private

Invalid. they have already said that squad xp will boost squad members an additional 35% regardless if they have their own booster or not. We just wanna know how many squads u can stack and who needs to use it leader or anyone.
and you have seen Smeds statements here:
and as i said:
it doesnt make sense you get another increase from someone in your squad using the same group booster
and as such, its my opinion - and cant be made invalid
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion