What we know about Beta. - Page 11 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Warning! Do not point it directly at your eyes
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-14, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #151
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Re: I got a ? for matt. This is a hard ? but needs to be asked.

Originally Posted by dire View Post
Its not personal. I do under stand there has to be frist testers befor beta. To work out the most of the bugs. But when they say one thing and come out say other.

And when I'm called a "spoiled brat" for asking ?'s Well that to me is personal.

I been loyal for years and was hopeing they show the same to player's.

But now fineing out about a fazed in beta, well I just want it to be fare to everone. Not players who kiss a&& and family members and freinds of soe dev team. Who gets in frist.

And was hopeing that matt and the rest of the team do what they said, not this way. Everone get in when beta starts, thats what been put out there.

Makeing it up as they go. If that was the plain from the start. They should have said that from the start.

Becouse player's in my outfit are now worried about the ones who get in takeing there names and useing it agained my outfit. Becouse everone know that name and what type of player he/she is.

And its not just the player name's too but outfit names too.

How would you feel if someone got in befor you and took your name and outfit name and used it to hurt good players that been loyal to this game for years. Also how would you feel that the outfit you have build up for years get taken away becouse you didnt get a early invite.

Now if they plain, a week where players be able to down load the game but not able to get on to play the game, Thats gives everone time to down load the game, Then open up the game 8th day.

But The "comeing months" that means not everone, as they have put in tweets and facebook for few weeks.

As I said befor this name not my ingame name becouse someone took it allready.
It's just Beta. Your worries sound more for Launch. So, we don't get to know who you are?

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-03-14, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #152
Raymac
Brigadier General

-snip-
Well, you kinda do sound like a spoiled brat. They never said everyone will get into beta AT THE SAME TIME. Just that we would get into beta. Only a Carpathian would be silly enough to think they wouldn't do a phased beta.

Oh no, you weren't in the first group of beta testers. Get over it. Plus, who knows, you may still get in the first phase. Quit cryin.

Old 2012-03-14, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #153
DManTech
Private

Why does everyone act like they're owed a Beta slot?

Thousands and thousands of people played PS1. Thousands more have PCGamer keys. Not all of these people are going to get into beta "first", because beta is going to have to slowly ramp up to test server capacity.

I played PS1 from launch, and sure, I'd love a beta slot. But I don't feel like it's my right, and I'm certainly not outraged that I won't be first in line. It's SOE's game, and as far as I'm concerned, I'm just glad they're making a PS2 at all.

On a side note: To everyone who clamors for a beta date or says things like "It's so ready, we saw it at GDC, LET US IN!": Let the devs get it right. It's going to be a really frustrating gameplay experience if it's unpolished, full of bugs and missing large amounts of content. Betas are naturally like that anyway, but just let them get it to a point where they want the world to experience it. It'll be worth it.
Old 2012-03-14, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #154
WiteBeam
Second Lieutenant

Its not personal. I do under stand there has to be frist testers befor beta. To work out the most of the bugs. But when they say one thing and come out say other.

And when I'm called a "spoiled brat" for asking ?'s Well that to me is personal.

I been loyal for years and was hopeing they show the same to player's.

But now fineing out about a fazed in beta, well I just want it to be fare to everone. Not players who kiss a&& and family members and freinds of soe dev team. Who gets in frist.

And was hopeing that matt and the rest of the team do what they said, not this way. Everone get in when beta starts, thats what been put out there.

Makeing it up as they go. If that was the plain from the start. They should have said that from the start.

Becouse player's in my outfit are now worried about the ones who get in takeing there names and useing it agained my outfit. Becouse everone know that name and what type of player he/she is.

And its not just the player name's too but outfit names too.

How would you feel if someone got in befor you and took your name and outfit name and used it to hurt good players that been loyal to this game for years. Also how would you feel that the outfit you have build up for years get taken away becouse you didnt get a early invite.

Now if they plain, a week where players be able to down load the game but not able to get on to play the game, Thats gives everone time to down load the game, Then open up the game 8th day.

But The "comeing months" that means not everone, as they have put in tweets and facebook for few weeks.

As I said befor this name not my ingame name becouse someone took it allready.
This has to be a joke.
Old 2012-03-14, 05:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #155
roguy
Sergeant

Originally Posted by WiteBeam View Post
This has to be a joke.
The joke would be on the sorry dev who would have to decypher bug reports written like that all day...
Old 2012-03-14, 05:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #156
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

I just want to know what this "frist" thing that everyone wants to test is.
Old 2012-03-14, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #157
Shogun
Contributor
General

i think the op just misunderstood what matt has said.
there seems to be some language barrier.
when matt said, that in the next few month they would start to send out invites for beta, he didn´t mean that they start a new "friends and family" type of invitations.

planetside 2 has some unusual beta invitation and key cycle. in most betas you sign up, get a key at some time, redeem it and are in the game.
planetside added a step. you could redeem your code from pc gamer, but it didn´t get you into beta yet, but only into the priority pool (propably along with all ps1 players who signed up for beta)
when higgles talked about starting to invite, he was certainly talking about the actual start of the beta and sending the "come in and play" mails to the people already in the beta priority pool.

i don´t see how this statement stands against anything he had promised before.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-03-14, 05:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #158
Kipper
Captain

I'm not usually one for beta testing but I've been all over PS2 since I heard about it (and glad to have found a place where I can enthuse about it) and I would love to get in....

...But patience, my friends, is a virtue. Everyone will get to play in the end, regardless, and I actually don't expect the beta periods to last that long anyway, probably more to test the hardware and rough balancing than anything else... (to prevent embarassment of servers falling over after general release, or to jump on major bugs/imbalances that weren't picked up by dev testing)

Don't forget its an MMO, so rules/balance can and will be changed whenever the data shows that something is too strong, or too weak, regardless of whether the game has been out for 5 minutes or 5 years. The job of the players is to find the best kit, and use it mercilessly. The job of the developers is to make sure there is no 'best' kit and that there is a variation of tactics to keep it fun.

For those lucky enough to get their hands on it early - congratulations. For those who don't - its not the end of the world!

(Also, I read somewhere that Planetside veterans would get other goodies on their account, so even if you didn't get to play early, we'll probably get some nice freebie cosmetics or weapon sidegrades that set you apart.)

Last edited by Kipper; 2012-03-14 at 05:55 PM.
Old 2012-03-14, 06:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #159
Brusi
Contributor
Major

I have it on good authority that only people who can spell will be getting into beta

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2012-03-14, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #160
Rat
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Brusi View Post
I have it on good authority that only people who can spell will be getting into beta
How many times did you check your spelling before posting?
Old 2012-03-14, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #161
Brusi
Contributor
Major

haha, i was actually considering spelling some shit incorrect just to be a troll

oh and i checked it once... same as everyone should ;p

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2012-03-14, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #162
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

You said on the 45 min vid " be inviting people into beta over the coming months"

My ? is are, you doing a fazed in of player's who's going to be invited into the beta how many at a time? how long over time??

With all your hipe in the pass few weeks, saying that all who been playing all the years and who have goten the pcgamer beta keys will all get in.

If you are doing a fazed in of players. How are you picking them???

To me all this talk over the pass few weeks now you saying "be inviting people into beta over the coming months" I'm now asking how fare is that????

To all the hard core players who been playing this over the pass years when someone who only been playing for a short time?
You are not special for having played a game longer than others. This is elitism, it's not cool. Everyone is as welcome as everyone else.

Undoubtedly they'll probably start with a small number of people and slowly increase the beta size, they'll probably select that group entirely randomly while giving special access to media sources.

Typical gamer entitlement issues.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com
Old 2012-03-14, 09:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #163
Hamma
PSU Admin

Again everything we know is here:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...ad.php?t=39024

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-03-14, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #164
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Merge it.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-03-14, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #165
Hamma
PSU Admin

True I can do that - I often don't because it throws posts out of line but in this case it will work since nobody has posted in that thread since earlier today

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion