News: Engineer Comm Link - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Cloudy with a chance of Vanu.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-27, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Doctor Digit
Private

Engineer Comm Link

Dunno if this was posted yet. Engineer Comm Link is up.

http://www.planetside2.com/news/engineer-comm-link-2012

CORPSMAN - Usually a young, long haired, bearded, Marine-hatin' Sailor with certain medical skills, who will go through the very gates of Hell to get to a wounded Marine.
Old 2012-03-27, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
acosmo
Sergeant Major

Re: Engineer Comm Link

Their also experts in the use of powerful anti-tank mines, giving them the means to fortify a facility or cause massive and unexpected destruction on the field by mining a far off chokepoint.
they're, not their

EDIT: Corrected

Last edited by acosmo; 2012-03-27 at 06:26 PM.
Old 2012-03-27, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
DOUBLEXBAUGH
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Engineer Comm Link
Though the Engineer has always had a vital role in defending Auraxis’s facilities, the introduction of nanites to the military sector caused a radical shift from their traditional role of vehicle and MAX suit mechanics. When factory-built tanks and vehicles were replaced by relatively disposable nano-fabricated versions, Engineers began training extensively in marksmanship and demolitions. Despite their recent shift in duties, Engineers have quickly proven themselves as effective soldiers, capable of either turning an ordinary warehouse into an impregnable fortress, or blasting the enemies fortresses to the ground.

The Advanced Construction Engine, or ACE, was created to eliminate the need for the Engineer to carry bulky stationary weapons and fortifications in their new combat role. It contains a small, portable fabricator capable of constructing and deconstructing Nanite Blueprints on a smaller scale than seen at vehicle facilities. The ACE’s deployable MANA turret is available in both anti-vehicle and anti-infantry configurations, providing a deadly support weapon that excels at area denial. Engineers can also deploy a shield generator that provides temporary cover to friendly troops by absorbing damage that would otherwise be lethal.

The Engineer’s viability in the field extends far past their ACE, however. Their easy-to-use Nano-Armor Kit replaces entire tool chests worth of repair instruments, allowing the repair of heavy damage on vehicles, facility equipment, and MAX suits in seconds. Their also experts in the use of powerful anti-tank mines, giving them the means to fortify a facility or cause massive and unexpected destruction on the field by mining a far off chokepoint.

While their engineering background allows them to provide their empire with support, their infantry training has given them means to remain competitive with other soldiers in medium-to-long range combat. Though their training focuses primarily on the use of rifles, they also have access to many powerful short range weapons such as SMGs and shotguns.

The Engineer’s flexibility empowers them to excel in many combat situations. Whether they’re defending a facility under siege or assisting their empire in staging one themselves, their legendary support abilities and combat prowess make them a valuable asset to any squad.
Oh no, they added mana to Planetside, F U DEVS!
Old 2012-03-27, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Bazilx
First Sergeant

I really wish they would do something that actually gave new information instead of this...
Old 2012-03-27, 05:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Doctor Digit
Private

Don't get me wrong, I deeply appreciate what they're doing with the inside looks and all, but I really enjoyed how SWTOR showed just a little tidbit of video on the classes. To give you somewhat of an idea on what they were about.

CORPSMAN - Usually a young, long haired, bearded, Marine-hatin' Sailor with certain medical skills, who will go through the very gates of Hell to get to a wounded Marine.
Old 2012-03-27, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Canaris
Contributor
General

Ah the Engineer, so far nothing in that entire article I didn't like, when PS2 was first touted quite awhile ago the gun emplacement and defenses was something I was really hoping to see, great job Dev's can't wait to hear more about them.

oh and to all the whiners do a favor a naff off, we'll be seeing loads of more in depth details about them as the days roll on. I'd tell you patience is a virtue but it's clear you ain't got any.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2012-03-27 at 05:34 PM.
Old 2012-03-27, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
ThGlump
Captain

No AA turrets?
Turret can be deconstructed and maybe constructed again?

MANA? wtf? They didnt come with better name?
Old 2012-03-27, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

So... Will NC have the green camo kit ? Those guys would totally look like DOOM space marines.

EDIT: Chuckles at the MANA name. It brings back Dyson memories.
^^
Old 2012-03-27, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Aurmanite
Captain

Originally Posted by Bazilx View Post
I really wish they would do something that actually gave new information instead of this...
The Comm Link included new information.

Don't be an ingrate.
Old 2012-03-27, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Bags
Lieutenant General

Sexy.
Old 2012-03-27, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
DayOne
Captain

Hooray! New info!

EDIT: That face mask looks sweet. I'm a little jealous!

Last edited by DayOne; 2012-03-27 at 05:54 PM.
Old 2012-03-27, 05:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
DOUBLEXBAUGH
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Aurmanite View Post
The Comm Link included new information.

Don't be an ingrate.
While I understand they have to do these and can't just keep giving us new stuff, and I'm not complaining about this. What in that was new info?
Old 2012-03-27, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Aurmanite
Captain

Originally Posted by DOUBLEXBAUGH View Post
While I understand they have to do these and can't just keep giving us new stuff, and I'm not complaining about this. What in that was new info?
Turret.
Rifles.
Shotguns.

None of these were previously confirmed.
Old 2012-03-27, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Knocky
Major

Is it just me or does he look like he is about to spray you with acid and then slurp you up?
Old 2012-03-27, 05:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Atheosim
Captain

I honestly can't decide which class to play first...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion