Sanctuaries for PS2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: MAY 19TH!?! *sob*
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-27, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Phantomdestiny
Second Lieutenant

Sanctuaries for PS2

March - Continent Locking
In order to start laying the foundation for a proper metagame, we've been putting a lot of thought into continent locking. There are a lot of little snags and details still to work out, but the basic idea at the moment looks something like this:
Add the ability to capture a Warpgate.
This is accomplished by taking over all adjacent territory.
You won't be able tor take over an Empire's final Warpgate.
This restriction would go away if we ever pursue adding Sanctuaries.
Once a single Empire controls all territory on a continent, the continent enters a "locked" state:
All enemy units are removed from the continent and spawn in at an available Warpgate.
The continent can not be entered/attacked by enemy units for a period of time.

They are not simply saying no sanctuaries . We need to give them a reason to implement them .

From my part i say we can expand the role of sanctuaries for ps1. First we want them as an army coordination location and a safe place after cont locks obviously. Then a VR location for the training of new troop "newbies" or new outfit member in the case of a spec ops outfit.

Then secondly this is new :
the 21th century is the information age and this will probably convince the devs like in any MMO we need a Social place inside the game world where faction members can hang around/discuss/RP.

E-sports:
Maybe sancs could have inside the VR facility some sort of training pits which would allow for small 1/2/3 squads challenges for training or competitive proposes .

Command center :
A physical room/building where high certed officiers/outfit leader can discuss battle plans over a map of auraxis which they can draw on/ping .

The sanctuary idea can be pushed very far . And we can get the old ps1 sancs and more if we want it we just have to show it to the devs and give them ideas which make sense instead of crying over the game . We can change something

please give more ideas of what Sanctuaries could bring

Last edited by Phantomdestiny; 2013-01-27 at 03:56 PM.
Old 2013-01-27, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
GuyShep
Private

Re: Sanctuaries for PS2

While changing your mind in light of new information or perspectives is fine and all, the issue is that SOE has spent an alpha and beta, both with player feedback, saying "No sancs" throughout. Even if sanctuaries do show up later on, it's gonna be a very bumpy ride because SOE hadn't done so earlier.

However, it's kinda nice that they suggested the possibility of sancs showing up later.
Old 2013-01-27, 04:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Crator
Major General

I think sancs are important for immersion... The footholds work just the same as a gathering mechanic imo though. Unless I'm not realizing something with how the continents have to be connected to each other that require sancs...

As for VR training area they could very well put a door that loads you into an instance (just like in PS1) in the warpgate area just as easily as they can in a sanc.
Old 2013-01-27, 05:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
MacXXcaM
Contributor
First Sergeant

Devs y u no listen?

Everybody wants sanctuaries!
Old 2013-01-27, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sifer2
Major

They probably are considering adding Sancts now that their data shows so many people sitting AFK in the warpgate taking up pop cap lol.

Sancts should really come back along with the mission system so we can get back to how it was early in the PS1 days. Where you logged into Sanc an were immediately able to step outside an join one of several squads loading up into Galaxies.

It would also be cool since they could turn the footholds into bigger fortress like structures to create a big final battle to drive the faction off the continent.
Old 2013-01-27, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Miir
Malvision

How's about something new this time around.

Instead of Sanctuaries have a continent that is primarily one large urban city. (Capital City)

Old 2013-01-27, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

are you suggesting they create conts for each empire to rally in that people might actually want to spend time in while forming up raids?

BLASPHEMY! THAT GOES AGAINST ANY SORT OF LOGICAL GAME DESIGN AND WOULD NOT DRAW THE BATTLEFIELD AND COD CROWD!

(Do it, SOE)

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2013-01-27, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Luperza in one of her recent streams said thay they are starting to design sanctuaries.
Old 2013-01-27, 08:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
Luperza in one of her recent streams said thay they are starting to design sanctuaries.
cite with a link or get her to come here and say it, or it didnt happen

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2013-01-27, 08:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
CrazEpharmacist
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
cite with a link or get her to come here and say it, or it didnt happen
This. We need a source for this!!!!!!!
Old 2013-01-27, 08:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Sifer2 View Post
They probably are considering adding Sancts now that their data shows so many people sitting AFK in the warpgate taking up pop cap lol.
That's an excellent point. I hadn't even thought of that.

Originally Posted by MacXXcaM View Post
Devs y u no listen?
Everybody wants sanctuaries!
Everybody *here* wants sanctuaries. Most of the mass-market gamers -- I'm not being snotty; that's what they are, and they are the target audience -- over on the official forums don't even know what they are. But every time you explain what sancs are, and what a rotating warpgate is, and included screenshots from PS1 or similar visual aids, you get a very enthusiastic response.

Same personality types are flocking to the same empires; same kinds of group behaviors are emerging.... There's a whole new generation of gamers out there hungering for the same kind of fix we got ten years ago.

There *has* to be a recording of this. Please.

Last edited by Rivenshield; 2013-01-27 at 08:39 PM.
Old 2013-01-27, 08:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Rockit
Banned

These boards might explode if we got confirmation on Maggie's alleged comments.
Old 2013-01-28, 01:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Phantomdestiny
Second Lieutenant

I want that source so bad
Old 2013-01-28, 04:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

Personally, I want sanctuaries to be bad ass. Not the sancs from PS1, but something entirely new and unique to each empire. What would be cool is a sanc that could be partially invaded (like a capital city with urban fighting) until an empire is backed into their safe zone. Once this happens, "emergency stockpiles" kick in and suddenly that empire gets a massive resource buff (maybe a few other things) to push back and retake their home.
Old 2013-01-28, 05:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Pics or it didn't happen.

Would be awesome if they finally realized what potential and dimension sancs would add to this game and dismissed their inexplicable agenda against them.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion