Your biggest VR-shocks and revalations - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If you can't read this, open your eyes
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-14, 04:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Figment
Lieutenant General

Your biggest VR-shocks and revalations

Since I never go through the trouble of trialing a lot of weapons, I've mostly found so far that:

- SMGs are FAR more accurate when hipfiring than expected and at ranges I would not have expected a SMG to hit the broadside of a barn, let alone using hipfire to fire at units at long range. (Compared to the standard LA weapon for instance, its killing potential feels epic and damage drop-off not noteworthy enough to warrant calling it a CQC weapon).

- Shotguns with slugs need to be recategorised as sniper rifles. Could one, two and three shot people depending on own aim at ranges where I'm having trouble with sniper rifles at times. Why don't these things have damage drop-off or such high spread they're absolutely useless beyond 20-30m and thus only good for CQC?

- Double Falcon seems decent, but is at least a type of AV where you can't easily hit infantry with - particularly useless at short range: GOOD.

- The Wraith is lol-giggles-facepalm: red light on the rear is clearly visible when cloaked and lights up the entire cloak (especially in the dark).

- You can switch seats on the Wraith and repair yourself mid-drive or have your fellow player do it.

- You can toss C4 and mines while in the rumble seat.

- C4 placed on top of a Wraith cloaks even if tossed on later.

- You can sit uncloaked on a cloaked Wraith.

- Such long splash ranges on most weapons, but splash hardly ever (if at all) hurts vehicles. So what's the point of having splash on AV weapons? To make them into makeshift AI weapons?
Old 2013-03-14, 04:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Ruzy
Private

Re: Your biggest VR-shocks and revalations

After lots of testing, I really really wish that I had gone VS instead of TR way back when. I like all of their guns more, and I like all of their vehicles more. Still not sure I could live with the color scheme though...
Old 2013-03-14, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
camycamera
Major

i tried out the TAS-16 Blackjack pump action shotgun yesterday,by god that thing is a god. compared to the semi auto shotguns that killed the dummies in 2 hits to the chest (obviously one hit to the head) at reasonably close range, the TAS-16 Blackjack killed them in ONE hit. wow.

also, the flash suppressor is really useful for the T9 CARV. constantly before i got the flash suppressor, and especially at night, i couldn't see where the fuck i was shooting sometimes because of the muzzle flash. now i can aim better at night and gives me more reasons to play as HA at night

oh, and you can't try out the kinetic armour on the MAX? i looked for it, couldn't find it? am i missing something?

Last edited by camycamera; 2013-03-14 at 06:38 PM.
Old 2013-03-14, 06:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Since I never go through the trouble of trialing a lot of weapons, I've mostly found so far that:

- SMGs are FAR more accurate when hipfiring than expected and at ranges I would not have expected a SMG to hit the broadside of a barn, let alone using hipfire to fire at units at long range. (Compared to the standard LA weapon for instance, its killing potential feels epic and damage drop-off not noteworthy enough to warrant calling it a CQC weapon).

- Shotguns with slugs need to be recategorised as sniper rifles. Could one, two and three shot people depending on own aim at ranges where I'm having trouble with sniper rifles at times. Why don't these things have damage drop-off or such high spread they're absolutely useless beyond 20-30m and thus only good for CQC?
All guns are too accurate when hipfiring IMO, however certain guns are way too accurate hip firing. For the VS - Serpent, Solstice, both SMG's, Orion. All the fast fire rate guns need to have much higher hipfire recoil IMO.

Shotguns with slugs are awful in CQC. That's the trade off.
Old 2013-03-14, 07:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Ruzy View Post
After lots of testing, I really really wish that I had gone VS instead of TR way back when. I like all of their guns more, and I like all of their vehicles more. Still not sure I could live with the color scheme though...
It's something we have to work through, one day at a time. <credits>
Old 2013-03-14, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
mrmrmrj
Sergeant

Someone test the NC MAX versus other MAXes in the VR and let's shit down all the whining right now. I don't have the patience to do it myself.
Old 2013-03-14, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Saintlycow
Sergeant Major

The flash track is broke. The gorge jump next to the two bridges is impossible to jump.
PLZ fix
But rest assured...
Fucks will be given!
Old 2013-03-14, 08:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Stardouser
Colonel

I was surprised to learn just how extremely powerful a Prowler is with anchored reload timer reduction.

And just how brutal TR HA guns are.
Old 2013-03-14, 08:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Vashyo
First Sergeant

The shotguns are immensely powerful and teh SMGs are immensely accurate without ADS

I need to work on buying one of each
Old 2013-03-14, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Climhazzard
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Saintlycow View Post
The flash track is broke. The gorge jump next to the two bridges is impossible to jump.
PLZ fix
They mentioned that in the update notes. There are supposed to be ramps installed along the track, but they didn't make it in before the update.
Old 2013-03-14, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by mrmrmrj View Post
Someone test the NC MAX versus other MAXes in the VR and let's shit down all the whining right now. I don't have the patience to do it myself.
You need to give me time first. Couldn't do it yesterday or today as of a family emergency involving a very ill grandmother and getting hit with the massive FPS drops after GU4. I "should" have something as of monday if my weekend isn't ruined at given the time to record, edit, upload, and redo any/everything over again a few times thanks to errors or bad quality.

Doing testing isn't a Lets Play done in a single sitting. It can take HOURS just for recording let alone all of the editing needed on top of Youtube slow as hell (for me) uploads and processing. This is just for one person as well, think of needing a squads worth of people all to have the same schedule times like before the VR room.
Old 2013-03-14, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

concussion and smoke grenades are functional. you cant teamkill, but you can be very creative with some things.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2013-03-14, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Saintlycow
Sergeant Major

can you kill someone with the smoke launcher?
But rest assured...
Fucks will be given!
Old 2013-03-14, 10:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Saintlycow View Post
can you kill someone with the smoke launcher?
Yes, a direct hit will take all shields and about 25% HP. So two direct hits will kill someone.
I was surprised at the underbarrel shotgun. Ohk just like pump actions. But still not worth giving up smoke or nades which are both more useful.

The Facebook pistols are so awful to look at. Horrid gold texture.

The silencer on sniperrifles suck. With the sr7. You loose 1.5 mil dots at around 100ish yards.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
Old 2013-03-14, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I was annoyed to see the Warden showing as having an underslung grenade launcher in VR.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion