Global Wide Command Chat? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Toys "R" us!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-15, 09:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Vancha
Colonel

Re: Global Wide Command Chat?

Originally Posted by Bruttal View Post
the spam is an easy thing to fix, you could have a UI box and when someone is in CR5 CHAT spaming you type there name into the box click mute. at this point if 4 or more cr5's do the same thing the guy will be muted from global chat for 2hours. Nice little msg to popup on there screen. "Command has revoked your Global chat coms"
That would be way too easy to abuse.
Old 2011-07-15, 09:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Bruttal View Post
the spam is an easy thing to fix, you could have a UI box and when someone is in CR5 CHAT spaming you type there name into the box click mute. at this point if 4 or more cr5's do the same thing the guy will be muted from global chat for 2hours. Nice little msg to popup on there screen. "Command has revoked your Global chat coms"
Sadly, that could be easily abused by a bunch of people. Just imagine you doing the global leading, and doing it quite well. YOu will have people that hate you for being good at it, people who just want to annnoy the crap out of you. If a few of those people just unite, they can mute you forever.

Global, means the ability to write to everyone regadless of their mission, is something that needs to be heavily heavily restricted. There should be only a single person per continent allowed to do it, means the continental commander.
Back in the days we used to vote our continental commander, and he took care of the yelling, while the rest of us supported him in every way possible. Just giving players the ingame tools to actually vote would be all thats needed. And the skill system would mean its a huge efford to go in and troll such a system. YOu would need to sacrifice massive amounts of skill time to do it. That makes the trolling a very very rare thing. And to finally and completly dissalow it completly, making Command only useful for those who really want to lead, you could set up the skill tree in the nessesary way: The choise between /c, leading in general and stuff OR utility like OSes. It just goes one way or another, not both. Commanders would get some abilitys, but the really powerful stuff like EMP, OS and not yet known stuff goes to the other guys.
And as leaders are classes by themself, means you cant be a sniper and a leader at the same time, you could also give them certain weapons depending on their choise. A guy that goes the OS way could propably get some HA stuff as well. He is after all a grunt. He could also get the ability to support leaders, working together with them go know whats going to happen and what he should do with the ulitity he got, like having a leader pinpoint a location that needs an OS. On theo ther hand, the leaders could also gain certain skills of other classes, like some max skills, allowing them to form and execute max crashes. Both, the leader and the guy with the ulility, would lack the full cert tree of those classes that are actually ment for the role, but they would get enough to be somewhat useful.

More comments? Im writing a clean and more detailed version of this entire idea while waiting for you guys to add more. At the end i will just spam it into the idea vault.
Old 2011-07-15, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Bruttal
Sergeant Major

I can see your points about the abuse thing.
Old 2011-07-15, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

ill be honest: i dont fucking want global comms in ps2. hell, ill be happy if they fucking remove them entirely from PS1.

Why? They're fucking useless because of idiots not listening. And because of idiots calling conts they should not fucking even be on. Get rid of them, it'll make for shittons less stress for myself and others who actually give a damn to try to lead. They're abused by shitheads like WaaWaa (if you're NC, you know who i mean) who only want to piss people off.

keep command channels internal and between squad leaders/empire leaders, if anything. at most.

otherwise, fuck comall and comcont.
Old 2011-07-15, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
That would be way too easy to abuse.
lol. understatement of the freakin century right there. it would be abused to HELL and back to grief people to lock their chatbox up.
Old 2011-07-15, 12:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I've always liked the idea that being a CR5 should mean you had to sacrifice BR or something equivalent... like cert points.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion