For those of us with lost PS1 accounts.. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Submitted by: Hamma
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-07, 04:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Vicrry
Private

For those of us with lost PS1 accounts..

Alright, here's the story. I played PS1 a long time ago in what seems like a Galaxy far away. Now I've forgotten the account's password (and the secret question answer), so it's very unlikely that I'll get back into it. Still have the email for the account though.

Would love to try the PS2 beta, so what do you think my chances are? Should I be ringing Sony customer service to try to get back in that account?
Old 2012-06-07, 04:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Gandhi
First Lieutenant

Re: For those of us with lost PS1 accounts..

I got mine back with nothing but a couple of character names and the credit card/address I had at the time. Didn't even remember my login or the email I used. So go for it, there's nothing to lose by trying
Old 2012-06-07, 05:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Lorgarn
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Vicrry View Post
Alright, here's the story. I played PS1 a long time ago in what seems like a Galaxy far away. Now I've forgotten the account's password (and the secret question answer), so it's very unlikely that I'll get back into it. Still have the email for the account though.

Would love to try the PS2 beta, so what do you think my chances are? Should I be ringing Sony customer service to try to get back in that account?
You can always use their live-chat CS. I used that to restore my personal account, I had little to no information about it. It took me about 10 minutes of my time. Well worth it.

My story is a little bit different. I was actually introduced to PS1 by my brother, who for some reason bought the game + sub and didn't like it. So I borrowed his account, started playing and boom - I got hooked. So I kept playing on his, didn't really make sense to spend time, money and effort to get my own account at the time.

However, today my PS1 "status" is worth nothing, since I do not have access to that account anymore. I do not blame anyone either, it's just the way it is. I've been trying to get a twitter-key but BetaKeyBill hasn't been very.... well. Giving?
Old 2012-06-07, 05:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
kasiraghi
Corporal

I fired off a support e-mail yesterday about that actually, as my PS1 account was attached to a now-defunct e-mail. Still waiting to hear back but I'll try chat if I don't hear anything!
Old 2012-06-07, 06:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Vicrry View Post

Same here but ive bougth Pc gamer magazine for thats reason ... if you really want to be in the beta just hope they will post fews beta keys in picture format so the bots will not redeem thoses !
Old 2012-06-07, 06:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
mynameismud
Corporal

i called their support line, handled it literally in seconds.
Old 2012-06-07, 06:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Bazilx
First Sergeant

I contacted their live chat yesterday, had forgotten my secret question thing and they fixed it quick.
Old 2012-06-07, 07:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Vicrry
Private

OK, so I guess the hardest thing to do now is wait until the live chat is actually available. Silly timezones and nighttime jobs.
Old 2012-06-07, 08:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Redshift
Major

Isn't the idea of a secret question that it's just something you will know the answer to? you know something you can't forget, because it's real? :P
Old 2012-06-07, 08:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Bazilx
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
Isn't the idea of a secret question that it's just something you will know the answer to? you know something you can't forget, because it's real? :P
Original planetside subscription created 2004, I was like 14. I'm pretty sure I wrote my mothers maiden name was "boobies" or "Mr.buttface", I just didn't want to tell the customer service rep that.
Old 2012-06-07, 08:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Redshift
Major

Originally Posted by Bazilx View Post
Original planetside subscription created 2004, I was like 14. I'm pretty sure I wrote my mothers maiden name was "boobies" or "Mr.buttface", I just didn't want to tell the customer service rep that.
Hehe
Old 2012-06-07, 09:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Cuross
Master Sergeant

lol, I have similar issues haha. I can't remember my account and password and I don't know if I still have the same email it was attached to, lol. I actually didn't play the last time that long ago, but since then a lot has happened haha. And then I created a brand new account, and now I see that there is a chance that I could get my old one back? Granted, I like my username much more better right now than I had before, but if it gets me into beta, I'd suck it up :P Must research live chat
Old 2012-06-07, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Turdicus
Master Sergeant

Call cutomer service, they are able to look up old account names based on almos any information you can give. I found an account I haven't used since 2004 using just a bunch of old email addresses. Really stellar customer service over the phone. Now I just hope I'm not too late to get that veteran key haha
Old 2012-06-07, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

IF you have that email addy, you can have your account sent to you. go to the login screen and hit 'forgot username'. A couple outfit mates of mine had this EXACT problem with forgetting their login entirely.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.

Last edited by p0intman; 2012-06-07 at 12:34 PM.
Old 2012-06-07, 12:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
IF you have that email addy, you can have your account sent to you. go to the login screen and hit 'forgot username'. A couple outfit mates of mine had this EXACT problem with forgetting their login entirely.
I had this issue. Fortunately I remembered my old hotmail account and didn't have to call SOE up.

But it sounds like customer service is really helpful if you don't even have that much.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion