For those of us with lost PS1 accounts.. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If your sig falls to the Sigbot, does it make a sound?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-07, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Zhane
Staff Sergeant

Re: For those of us with lost PS1 accounts..

I have no idea if my current sony account is the one I played Planetside with... so I bought a PC Gamer. Problem solved.
Old 2012-06-07, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Vicrry
Private

Still have that email, and tried the reset password option. It asks for the answer to your secret question, which I was BRILLIANT! and chose "What's your favorite food?". That totally never changes and I can barely remember last week, so no luck with reset password option.

Currently sitting in the Chat Support Queue, will update when I get there.
Old 2012-06-07, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Vicrry View Post
Still have that email, and tried the reset password option. It asks for the answer to your secret question, which I was BRILLIANT! and chose "What's your favorite food?". That totally never changes and I can barely remember last week, so no luck with reset password option.

Currently sitting in the Chat Support Queue, will update when I get there.
Favorite food? rasberry pie.

(note: my favorite food is not rasberry pie)

I was equally brilliant with another unrelated account, 'Who is your best friend from childhood?'

... I don't remember any of their names. At all.

or, "where were you when 9/11 happened?" Technically, I was in school, but that wasn't the correct answer, so it could have been any number of other answers that were incredibly more specific. FML.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.

Last edited by p0intman; 2012-06-07 at 01:08 PM.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-07, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

About a year or a year and a half ago I went through the process of reclaiming my PS1 account. When I originally created it, I was in college and the email associated with the account was no longer valid so I couldn't change anything about the account or update it. I also didn't know my secret questions anymore. Back then I was sort of dumb and made up completely unrelated answers to my secret question. I thought I was being clever.

I did, however, remember my login ID and password. So I knew the account, but I couldn't change any of the information associated with it or have the password changed.

It took me quite a bit of email and chat exchanges with SOE customer support, but I was able to reclaim my account. However, I did have to provide a lot of information, like old addresses that I had previously associated with the account, old phone numbers (which also changed since college), and some information about the credit cards used to pay for the account.

Seems like a lot, but without an email and up-to-date phone number they have no way of knowing it's really you unless you can provide a convincing amount of information that other people are unlikely to know.

So if you lost your account, don't lose hope just yet. If you can remember the email address associated with it or the account ID, or perhaps the characters associated with the account, the SOE customer support can help you identify the account, but be prepared to dig up a lot of old information to prove to them that you are in fact the owner of the account.

Also, I would like to thank the SOE customer support staff that helped me reclaim my account. They were understanding that life situations change and they did help me reclaim it with a reasonable amount of information to establish that it was me.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-06-07 at 01:14 PM.
Old 2012-06-07, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Pretty sure there will be something they can do, will probably ask you some details about your account in order to verify you are who you are. That's all they care about.
Old 2012-06-07, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Vicrry
Private

Well, talked with them over Chat Support and turns out I can't remember enough phone numbers, zip codes, and the like from 7 years ago to make them satisfied that it is me.

Oh well, that's the way things go I guess.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion