Sniping Mechanics and Headshots - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Known to cause insanity in laboratory mice
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-01-08, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: Sniping Mechanics and Headshots

Originally Posted by Forsaken One View Post
They were not. They played the support role a sniper is SUPPOSE to play. calling out threats, scouting areas, picking off weakened targets or softening targets up.

A sniper shouldn't even be shooting his gun unless its a VERY important target as after the shot he'll be forced to change his spot and as such be unable to recon, call things out, and just be unable to fulfill his support dutys till he's in a new spot.

overall snipers job is not to be a killwhore, and it shouldn't be in a game ether.
They were. Trust a member of 2 tactical outfits and one of the first auraxium snipers. Just saying.

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post
I don't want to see how crazy it is in Battlefield 3 where sniping on big maps makes people scared to go out in the open. It's like the map 2Fort is ruined purely because of the lack of action in middle half the time. Why is this? Because Snipers are so OP there that everyone camps in their base or goes under. Once you get rid of them suddenly middle turns into a mad house and the game is fun again.
This statement is an exaggeration. I'm a medic there and I survive perfectly. All heals and rez's included. You see in BF you have limited amount of vehicles. The only counter to snipers except for other snipers is helicopter that usually doesn't give a fuck. In PS (especially in PS2) - 1 player = 1 vehicle. Anywhere anytime he wants it.

Thus:
Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
You are not going to see a glut of snipers when mixed arms is the only way to win.
The statement I tend to agree with.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2012-01-08 at 05:16 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion