Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-08-28, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
camycamera
Major

suggestions on upgrading my shitty PC.

so recently system specs were just "announced" for PS2 open beta, here is the post:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=47376

and so i asked if my pc could run it (MY SYSTEM SPECS ARE IN THIS):
i think my ram may be the only thing from playing this game (and maybe my graphics card.... FUCKING HELLL I DONT WANNA UPGRADE xd EVEN IF MY PC IS SHIT) but can you guys tell me if the graphics card will meet minimum? and i guess i'll throw in all of the specs too:

processor: intel core 2 Duo CPU E7400 @2.80GHz 2.80 GHz
RAM: 2GB (told you i failed XD)
system type: windows 7 ultimate 32-bit
graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series

hopefully the minimum specs will be changed (and better optimised.... like Max Payne 3 ) after closed beta, but i would just like to see if i get a "pass" (likely answer: no, thanks to RAM D:<) .

also, i was wondering if anyone who is in the beta and who has similar specs to mine runs it? just wondering, hopefully this isn't breaking the NDA
and i received an answer:

Originally Posted by vailliant View Post
2 GB of ram is NOT enough, you want at least 8 gb to run it, your graphics card is a bit old aswell ( but so is mine), you should be able to run it if you put everything on minimum and upgrade your ram, your pc seems to be just a bit older then mine

This is what i am running the game with (recently upgraded memory from 4gb to 16 gigs)

Processor: Intel Core2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.50GHz
GPU: Ati Radeon Hd 5600 Series
Mobo:Asus P5P43TD P43 F GS 1333mhz bus
Ram 16 GB of GEIL Ripjaw 1333mhz 4 linked
Windows 7 64 bit
(i can run it on 1920)

And i put everything on low, and i still lag like *** during battles, i found a solution which is to turn the effects off (like fog/Exhaust trails and such THIS IS A REAL SOLUTION for me , and i think it will do wonders for you, also Shadows/extra lighting effects is a no go if you are running on a crappy pc.

I should be able to run the game on medium (maybe the processor and Gpu disagree with me there) and there doesnt seem to be extra lag, only in massive battles, which i solved ofcourse by turning fog/exhaust/explosions off, if you want those things upgrade or wait till Ps2 fixes itself

so, now i am thinking of upgrading my PC, and in particular, i am thinking of upgrading my RAM and graphics card, and i know you could build a PC that can run everything on max for $400, so i estimate that good RAM and graphics card would be at the most $200, so would anyone know a cheap but very good graphics card that i could get for under $200(or as cheap and as good as possible if there isn't any under $200)? and i am thinking of getting 8gb RAM, which i guess would be... idk.

Basically what i am trying to say is, is there any 8 gb RAM and good graphics card that could run all modern games that adds up to around $200?

my computer currently can’t run BF3 even on low settings, it just runs Crysis 2 at about 20-25 FPS and i can run BFBC2 smoothly on medium graphics, with effects (explosions, smoke) put on low (yet when there is an explosion or smoke grenade blowing up right in my face, the game goes from super smooth to 10-15 FPS, so i basically have to look away from explosions ). so my system specs again in-case you missed it or got confused:

processor: intel core 2 Duo CPU E7400 @2.80GHz 2.80 GHz
RAM: 2GB (told you i failed XD)
system type: windows 7 ultimate 32-bit
graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series

it is time for an upgrade. i've never upgraded my PC, so i've got another question: can things like graphics cards be incompatible with things like my processor?

thanks for your time, i guess i'll see you on the battlefield

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum