[PS2] Recommended System Specs - Knowledge Base Search - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: In Soviet PSU, quotes submit YOU!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-08-25, 08:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Dkamanus
Master Sergeant

Exclamation [PS2] Recommended System Specs - Knowledge Base Search

Disclaimer: First, I believe this isn't NDA since it is on the search engine for Planetside 2 problems, where people without access can see, so I though I might just put this here to ease (or not) some hearts.

[PS2] Recommended System Specs
Answer ID 35012 | Published 08/10/2012 09:32 AM | Updated 08/20/2012 03:39 PM
Abandon hope, all ye who try to lowball it.

The game is still in the earliest stages of Beta so these are far from the final specifications, but below are listed the current recommended specs for running PlanetSide® 2 as it was meant to be run.

Current Minimum System Requirements
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 or higher / AMD Phenom II X2 or higher
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Hard Drive: 15 GB free
Video Memory: 256 MB RAM
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8600 series or higher / AMD or ATI 4850 series or higher
Sound Card: DirectX compatible

Current Recommended System Requirements
Processor: Intel i5 processor or higher / AMD Phenom II X6 or higher
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Hard Drive: 15 GB free
Video Memory: 1,024 MB RAM
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 500 series or higher / AMD HD 6870 or higher
Sound Card: DirectX compatible

As seen, early stages of optimization, so I don't believe theses are the final specs (might be a little lower). Anyway, thankfully I pass all recommended, so I guess I won't be MAD at PS2 graphics-wise. Though I do find it hard for them to adjust this game for 5 years old PCs, since it does seem to be a pretty powerhog.

Source: http://help.station.sony.com/app/ans...d/35012/p/5833

Last edited by Dkamanus; 2012-08-25 at 08:31 PM.
Old 2012-08-25, 08:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
JawsOfLife
Sergeant

Re: [PS2] Recommended System Specs - Knowledge Base Search

I hope that a quad/hexa core processor being recommended means that this game will be optimized past two threads! The requirements otherwise do not seem very surprising, except for perhaps the 4GB minimum/8GB recommended RAM, which is about double most games.

Also, keep in mind that the recommended specs will not run the game maxed out at high resolutions. Minimum means this game will run decently at lower resolutions at low/medium graphics settings. Recommended means your rig will run the game well on medium/some high settings at around 1080p most likely, but will not max it. Cheers, and thanks for the post.
Old 2012-08-25, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Dkamanus
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by JawsOfLife View Post
I hope that a quad/hexa core processor being recommended means that this game will be optimized past two threads! The requirements otherwise do not seem very surprising, except for perhaps the 4GB minimum/8GB recommended RAM, which is about double most games.

Also, keep in mind that the recommended specs will not run the game maxed out at high resolutions. Minimum means this game will run decently at lower resolutions at low/medium graphics settings. Recommended means your rig will run the game well on medium/some high settings at around 1080p most likely, but will not max it. Cheers, and thanks for the post.
Yeah, I feel ya. Though I was testing my PC today, DLed Crysis 2 + High Res Pack + DX 11 + Patch 1.9, and maxed out everything except AA, which I left at 0, running at 1280x1024. Next week I'll be getting a new Monitor which get 1920x1080, and I'm gonna see if I can get the 60 FPS.

It does seem to be a great test, unless someone else can recomend another game. BF3 does run smoothly too at this resolution with everything at max except AA.
Old 2012-08-25, 08:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
thegreekboy
Master Sergeant

i5 3570K
AMD Radeon 7870
ASRock Z77 Pro3
8GB G.Skill Sniper RAM
Samsung Spinpoint F3 PSU
SeaSonic 620w HDD

Thoughts?
Old 2012-08-25, 08:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Dkamanus
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by thegreekboy View Post
i5 3570K
AMD Radeon 7870
ASRock Z77 Pro3
8GB G.Skill Sniper RAM
Samsung Spinpoint F3 PSU
SeaSonic 620w HDD

Thoughts?
Won't run, give up, send PC to me, will make good use of it

Which reminds me, how much optimization can they make at Beta? I'm not so informed on this part of the process...

Last edited by Dkamanus; 2012-08-25 at 08:55 PM.
Old 2012-08-25, 09:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
JawsOfLife
Sergeant

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
The "Current Recommended System Requirements" is the real minimum requirement if you want to play without frustration.

A little bird told a little bird then told me, this game is a resource hog.
I could see that, except for the core i5. There is no way a near top-of-the-line processor is needed to play without frustration. Unless they mean any i5, in which case that makes more sense.
i5 3570K
AMD Radeon 7870
ASRock Z77 Pro3
8GB G.Skill Sniper RAM
Samsung Spinpoint F3 PSU
SeaSonic 620w HDD

Thoughts?
Well I think you switched the PSU and HDD labels other than that, looks great, especially that CPU if you're overclocking (don't see why you wouldn't be). The GPU will be a bottleneck, but with some OC'ing on that as well you should be having an awesome gaming experience.
Old 2012-08-25, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
thegreekboy
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by JawsOfLife View Post
I could see that, except for the core i5. There is no way a near top-of-the-line processor is needed to play without frustration. Unless they mean any i5, in which case that makes more sense.

Well I think you switched the PSU and HDD labels other than that, looks great, especially that CPU if you're overclocking (don't see why you wouldn't be). The GPU will be a bottleneck, but with some OC'ing on that as well you should be having an awesome gaming experience.
I'm actually getting the "Ghz edition" Which comes pre-OC'd from gigabyte for $250 with 2 GB VRAM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125418

Good?
Old 2012-08-25, 10:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

I'm actually getting the "Ghz edition" Which comes pre-OC'd from gigabyte for $250 with 2 GB VRAM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125418

Good?
Its a good choice. If you don't want to spend more money, you can't beat that card atm.
Old 2012-08-25, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
AThreatToYou
Major

hip tip:
PS2 confirmed to use up to 8 cores. FX series processors actually outperforming Phenom IIs.

Last edited by AThreatToYou; 2012-08-25 at 11:12 PM.
Old 2012-08-25, 11:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
JawsOfLife
Sergeant

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post
hip tip:
PS2 confirmed to use up to 8 cores. FX series processors actually outperforming Phenom IIs.
Never did I think this day would come!
Old 2012-08-27, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Boone
Sergeant

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
The "Current Recommended System Requirements" is the real minimum requirement if you want to play without frustration.

A little bird told a little bird then told me, this game is a resource hog.
Listen to Hamma's stream. 20 FPS on a 680 in fights. Better hope they can optimize the shit out of it otherwise you can expect to see.

US WEST 1
US EAST 1
EU 1
AUS 1

Won't be that many people playing. I wonder if we will see 100 VRAM threads like we did when BF3 was released.

Last edited by Boone; 2012-08-27 at 11:50 AM.
Old 2012-08-27, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
JawsOfLife
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Boone View Post
Listen to Hamma's stream. 20 FPS on a 680 in fights. Better hope they can optimize the shit out of it otherwise you can expect to see.

US WEST 1
US EAST 1
EU 1
AUS 1

Won't be that many people playing. I wonder if we will see 100 VRAM threads like we did when BF3 was released.
We still don't know if fights are GPU or CPU bottlenecked though. Though Hamma is running a nasty 680 (w/out SLI at the moment due to no support yet), he is only running a Nehalem i7, which is not the best for games despite still kicking butt at productivity tasks.

Lastly, keep in mind, in TB's voice: "Betar is betar, folks!"
Old 2012-08-27, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
kidwithstick
Corporal

The game has already been optimized alot since tech test and I imagine it will only get better as beta comes along.

you have to realise that they are trying to make a game that is going to last for years. They dont want the graphics to be sub-par 6 months to a year after release. At the same time they obviously want as many people as possible to play the game.

give them time
Old 2012-08-27, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Pvt Badger
Corporal

My best bet at getting maximum FPS is minimum game settings. Mind you I have 10 Gigs of ram, 1 gig of VRam, a hexa-core processor, and updated drivers. Oh! And I'm running on 1024x 768 Resolution. The specs from the HP website: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c03154290
Old 2012-08-27, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
JawsOfLife
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Pvt Badger View Post
My best bet at getting maximum FPS is minimum game settings. Mind you I have 10 Gigs of ram, 1 gig of Vram, a hexa-core processor, and updated drivers. Oh! And I'm running on 1024x 768 Resolution. The specs from the HP website: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c03154290
Well that sounded better than what I saw unfortunately :/ AMD CPUs tend to tank hard in games (unless of course the game can actually use all 6 cores--then it will do well). But that GPU is no good really. At 1024x768 you should be OK though. But you're severely bottlenecking that CPU with that GPU, sad to say.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion