Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-07-21, 05:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
TekDragon
Contributor

SWG: House Atreides

Hey guys!

I been havin way to much fun in Star Wars Galaxies!

After a week of very hard work gun-running for the top weaponsmith on Wonderhome I have made enough money to purchase a PA Hall. It is only the 4th PA Hall to be sold on the server so far (they are insanely expencive).

For those who dont know about Wonderhome its the newest server and, as such, has a young population. Their are very few people with more than a half-dozen boxes in the professional combat classes. No one has reached master weaponsmith (though my supplier who i gun-run for is the closest, partly due to my massive sales) and only one person has reached master archetect (no one else is even close).
Anyway, the guide is called "House Atreides" (the name is from Frank Herbert's 'Dune' series) and the PA Hall is located north of Coronet, Cerillia. The Hall is facing a river and has some nice flat terrain around it where a small to medium size town could grow up in.

Im looking for the following in members:
  • Maturity (no l33t dudes, and id prefer 18+ ages only)
  • Friendliness (to fellow PA members and others)
  • Loyalty
  • Genorosity (willing to spend time helping younger members)
  • Sociable (to put our best face forward in the galaxy)
  • Dependable

The things that House Atreides will emphasize are:
Training
Scheduled training seminars and field trials will be held to make the militant arm of House Atreides into an elite force capable of performing well in monster hunting and PvP combat. Both individual training and squad training will be utilized to ensure each member knows their role in the group and how to best ensure the success of the team or individual in combat situations.
Hunting
As a small PA we will have greater potential to be an elite group. To help achieve this objective we will hold scheduled forays into dangerous fringe worlds to hunt down and kill the biggest game. This will provide experience oppurtunities for not only the combat types but also for scouts, medics, and
PvP
Organized and scheduled Battle Field events as well as organized forays into Rebel dominated cities (both official and PC built). We will utilize training in teamwork and tactics to dominate in any environment.
Community
Our medium-term goal will be to establish a decent sized town north of Coronet. The town will have vendors selling all types of wares from weapons and armor to clothing, spices, medicine, and food. Additionally we will have a cantina/med center to heal those returning from hunting or from a Rebel incursion.

Send me a /tell in game. My name is TekDragon De'Sol. Hope some of you will consider moving to Wonderhome and joining

AIM: TekGriffon
Old 2003-07-21, 07:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Mr1337Duck
Lieutenant Colonel

I may get SWG sometime, a used one if I can get the account name and everything. And if my comp is ever fixed.
Old 2003-07-21, 08:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Spider
General

I might at some point... if bored and I have the cash... get it! Some things come first tho
Old 2003-07-21, 08:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
firecrackerNC
Colonel

Uh ok i play SWG,Naritus,Imperial Guard,best clan around and all,but dude seriously um expect alot of flames from this post because well um i think this is still PSU not SWGU so mabey post somewhere else? im guessing 3 pages worth of flames coming so ima go hide now,but yea mabey post at a SWG fan site not a Planetside ok bye bye

/me runs and hides
Old 2003-07-21, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
TekDragon
Contributor

Got one more dual message for combat types and crafters before i head go shopping.

Combat Types

1. You will need to be able to play at least 3 hours a day on 3 out of the 5 weekdays between the times of 6pm and 12pm, EST. You will also need to commit at least 5 straight hours of playtime on one of the weekends. This comes out to a required 14 hours a week, not much at all. The guild will operate mainly during the times of 4pm to 12pm EST. If you play inside this timezone for at least the amount specified above, your golden.

2. All declared members (not crafters) of H-A will have a guild fee of 1-3k a week. It will start at 2k and fluctuate from there. This fee will go towards paying the maintanence fee on our towns and purchasing harvestors to supply our crafters.

3. We will be focusing our efforts on getting your skills up and making you work as part of a team. Each day we will be doing guild hunts to some of the harder planets like Talus or Dantooine. Each member is required to attend at least 2 hunts a week. The hunts will start from a town and move outward as we scan for resources. We will place harvestors at the best places in these hostile areas. A few days later another guild hunt will fight their way through to those miners, empty the hoppers, and maintain them.

Crafters

1. I am looking for one each of the crafting proffesions. I will be looking for dedicated entrepenuers enterested in mastering their proffesions. I want people who respect their customers and take pride in the services they provide and the quality of their work. I expect each crafter to do his best to produce the top-quality items to draw traffic to H-A.

2. H-A will offer you private resource contracts from the minerals our hunting expeditions harvest from the fringe-world mines and from the organics we get from hunting. The prices will be low and can be discussed in game.

3. H-A will offer you a vendor mall starting in our PA Hall and later moving to a large house that will be dedicated as a mall. The vender be maintained and stocked by you. H-A will take 5% from the profits from sales on those vendors. Special arrangements can be made for flat rates.

To EVERY member (both declared and fringe)

1. I will be willing to help pay the maintanence cost on having your home moved from its present location to one near the guild-hall.

2. If you wish to place a large house near the guild hall I will be willing to help you finance it, so long as it is a public building and you keep it well-maintained and presentable. The large house will be required to have some sort of community purpose. Either Cantina/Med Center or a Vendor Mall later on.

3. Any member may place a small or medium house near the guild hall. Please inform me first however, as we would like the town to be as orderly as possible.

Thank you.
-TekDragon

Last edited by TekDragon; 2003-07-21 at 09:45 AM.
Old 2003-07-21, 09:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Robot
Major

just wait and buy kotor instead
Old 2003-07-21, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
TekDragon
Contributor

firecrackerNC, you dont post often on the lounge so ill excuse your ignorance and enlighten you.

1. This is the lounge. We dont talk about PS here. We talk about kittens, spoons, sex, drugs, old nintendo games, news, etc, etc. Star Wars Galaxies is a perfectly legitimate subject for the lounge forum.

2. This is my community. I am a part of it. I have been posting on the lounge for a good many months and have made many friends and a few not-so-friends. If im forming a PA on the biggest/best MMORPG in the world, theres no reason i cant mention it here and invite some of my PS-U friends.

3. Your an ass-hole who had nothing to contribute but just wanted to add his worthless opinion on the value of my post. Fuck off.
Old 2003-07-21, 09:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Onizuka
Lieutenant General

Tek, you were good until that last post. when someone says stuff like what firecracker says, you either respond nicely saying, "Well its the lounge so i think its okay" or something like that, or you dont respond at all.

firecracker never insulted you, in fact in his mind he warned you. and then you say, "Your an ass-hole who had nothing to contribute but just wanted to add his worthless opinion on the value of my post. Fuck off."

Peoples "worthless opinions" are what make these forums tek....

i dont know why you act like this....
Old 2003-07-21, 10:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

there's no fucking hyphen in asshole, guys.
Old 2003-07-21, 10:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

nice ad, too bad I think SWG isnt worth the grime on a rat's tail else I might join ya (not to be insulting to you, I just cant stand the way the game turned out).

Well, best of luck with it, glad some people like SWG

*and I do agree with Onzuka that that was rather rude, dont know about most people, but I wouldnt want to join someone that would drop to insults like that after 1 comment ..... *
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
------------------------------
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-07-21, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Tek I didn't even bother to read your post, why are you here? What is your purpose? Why did you come here to spam about SWG?
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-07-21, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Squeeky
Contributor
Teh Masturbator

Goodluck, sounds like you put alot of work into that.
Old 2003-07-21, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Sputty
Banned

there's no fucking hyphen in asshole, guys.
indeed
Old 2003-07-21, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
firecrackerNC
Colonel

Originally posted by TekDragon
firecrackerNC, you dont post often on the lounge so ill excuse your ignorance and enlighten you.

1. This is the lounge. We dont talk about PS here. We talk about kittens, spoons, sex, drugs, old nintendo games, news, etc, etc. Star Wars Galaxies is a perfectly legitimate subject for the lounge forum.

2. This is my community. I am a part of it. I have been posting on the lounge for a good many months and have made many friends and a few not-so-friends. If im forming a PA on the biggest/best MMORPG in the world, theres no reason i cant mention it here and invite some of my PS-U friends.

3. Your an ass-hole who had nothing to contribute but just wanted to add his worthless opinion on the value of my post. Fuck off.
lol very mature,did i flame you? Did i insult you? No i simply tried to say you should'nt try and recruit a clan for a game in ANOTHER games forums,not to mention most people here(least the active ones) seem to hate SWG so why bother?I did'nt flame and say SWG is gay,or TEK STFU n00b no I simply said you should post elsewhere,mabey on a SWG fansite.Ok im done

/me waits patiently for his flame
Old 2003-07-21, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Onizuka
Lieutenant General

tek was just owned again
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge