Command Recall - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Watch out for those MLWA guys...they're just weird.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2005-02-01, 11:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Batousai
I hate to be the negitive person in a group of positive people but what are the drawbacks to a ability like this.

Think about it...................... Instant Zerg rush, just add AMS bring to a boil and you got a continent. Maybe im wrong and i got the idea twisted somehow but lets just look at the ways this could be turned into a exploit, so we won't have to make a new thread saying, "Get rid of Commmand Recall".

I want new content in planetside just as much as anyone else just lets think some of this stuff thru.
The game is about fighting. I'd rather have lot's of enemies pop up to meet our attacking force quickly than go through half the continent killing handfuls of enemies with overwhelming odds. All this'll do is make larger fights more common, and help make moving a platoon or squad across long distances a bit easier.
Old 2005-02-02, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
hazzer2007
Sergeant Major

Samhayne already removed autoboot from his In Concept last night, so no worries guys
Old 2005-02-02, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Meursault00
Staff Sergeant

Sounds like good stuff, can't wait.
Old 2005-02-03, 04:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

So essentially it's a "FALL IN!" command?

I think it's a good idea, but I have reservations that it should only be there for CR3s and above, as they can reveal enemy positions.

Old 2005-02-03, 10:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Zaxis
Private

I don't think that CR3's can use the 'Reveal Enemies' command. I am CR3, and it is not available to me... yet. Or maybe I'm missing something.
Old 2005-02-03, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
FatalLight
Sergeant Major

Nope it's a cr4 ability
Old 2005-02-04, 11:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Nihil
Private

The auto kick thing is no longer a part of Command Recall, or so i'm told. That part would be disastrous because of guys like me who are doing ant runs and capping towers, i don't need to be interrupted and get kicked.

i'm afraid this would become a means to teleport platoons. The lone infil takes a tower, and then recalls 29 of their closest friends, making the lattice rather unimportant.

If there is a timer on it, that is not so bad.

My solution would be "Unit Binding". An SL or PL can bind the whole unit to a base. It works just like binding to a base does for individuals (and does not require changing that function at all). So one of your spawn point options will always be the S or P unit binding. To encourage use of this function, using such a binding cuts your respawn time by 5 seconds. You can go to Pwyll and wait 20, or go to Ogma like a good lil trooper and it takes 15.

To make it a bit more aggressive and give the SL/PL more "power", make it so that when a "Recall to Unit Binding" order is transmitted, you respawn at that point on your next death, no questions asked. That would give leaders the ability to keep the group together without creating an insta-kick or teleporting the team.

You could still teleport a team this way, but you'd have to all die some way, like... recall by OS, etc.

In a way this function is already in the game for players who are good at team work. The leader says "bind at ogma" and you do. When you die, you respawn there and do your job. If you wander off, the SL kicks you.
Old 2005-02-04, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by N1H1L
i'm afraid this would become a means to teleport platoons. The lone infil takes a tower, and then recalls 29 of their closest friends, making the lattice rather unimportant.
The description makes it sound like it only works for bases. Doesn't work for towers. So it's mainly only good for defending and for making everyone form up at a certain base to get set for an attack.
Old 2005-02-04, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
FatalLight
Sergeant Major

I don't understand why there are any negative comments for this because I have not heard or thought of a good reason why this is a bad idea o_O

I don't see a problem with being able to get instant support at your location, this is a team game btw, go play halo or half-life 2 if you want to be on your own. It always was and still is a pain in the ass to get people to follow your orders if you don't know them too well and this is the best solution I have ever heard.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion